The Saturdays - Up! (2nd Single)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I'd love it to do great but I doubt it will, it's being released just in time for christmas so there'll be a lot of competition, notably from Girls Aloud and Sugababes releasing album around that time.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PeteIsGod wrote: »
    5. Set Me Off

Aka, Sweet Dreams My LA Ex Part 2 :p

*or is it just me that thinks that lol?
  • SamhallowsSamhallows Posts: 2,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thinking about it it... very true :p

Although i'm not a fan of that song at all :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree, I actually think it sounds like a conglomeration of L.A. Ex and Some Girls. Their music is very reminiscent of Rachel Stevens.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PeteIsGod wrote: »
    I agree, I actually think it sounds like a conglomeration of L.A. Ex and Some Girls. Their music is very reminiscent of Rachel Stevens.

It really is! Even the Up! vid is a More More More vid rip off lol. I suppose that comes with them being signed to the same label. :)
  • JimmyJoeJimmyJoe Posts: 17,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love the album track Not Good Enough. :) Really grew on me.

Lies/Issues and Keep Her are also great live and I can't wait for HQ's- especially Issues! :cool:

B-Side to Up, called Crashing Down, from a small clip I've heard sounds good too!

Can't wait to get the album! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JimmyJoe wrote: »
    I love the album track Not Good Enough. :) Really grew on me.

Lies/Issues and Keep Her are also great live and I can't wait for HQ's- especially Issues! :cool:

B-Side to Up, called Crashing Down, from a small clip I've heard sounds good too!

Can't wait to get the album! :D

Here, here! I second that! :D

I've never been this excited about an album for a long time! :eek::p
    The next album I'll be getting over excited about will be Melanie C's 5th album! (speaking of which, I'd better create a separate thread and expect slaggings ;))
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think The Saturdays make Girls Aloud look really tired.

I doubt the record company is expecting the album to outsell Girls Aloud or Sugababes. Polydor will be playing a longer game with The Saturdays, like they did with Girls Aloud.
  • Official DivaOfficial Diva Posts: 6,792
    Forum Member
    kratz22 wrote: »
    I think The Saturdays make Girls Aloud look really tired.

I doubt the record company is expecting the album to outsell Girls Aloud or Sugababes. Polydor will be playing a longer game with The Saturdays, like they did with Girls Aloud.

They do look and sound so fresh. I said this a few pages back. If they play their cards right they could become the top girl band of the moment.

But Girls Aloud's new single is out soon and due to Cheryl being on X Factor it is likely to be the biggest selling of their career so it's not quite over for GA yet.

I heard Girls by Sugababes however and I hate that. If it's a sign of the album they need to quit while they are ahead. Thye stink now. Mutya leaving was the final screw for them. Surprised they managed to keep their fanbase.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, I think I'm actually OBSESSED with Up! It's so refreshing to have a decent fresh-faced pop song again! :)
  • RushRush Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    ''Up!'' is amazing
    Favourite song of the year (for me).
    I've also heard ''Not Good Enough'' from the album, and it's a pretty nice ballad :).

I think they will have success in Europe.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Up is fantastic! I love the video as well.
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any news on this being playlisted on any radio stations? Love the song, great (but hard to understand) lyrics.

Una (as stated on the website) tried unsuccessfully as a solo artist for years, her agent found out about 'The Saturdays' and put her forward. She is slightly older and more mature than the other girls - if you see some of their behind the scenes videos you might see what I mean. Perhaps she isn't quite in this for the long-term. Vanessa's voice beats anything Girls Aloud or Sugababes can do, with the possible exception of Nadine Coyle. Keisha off Sugababes just shouts.

Video looks ridiculously cheap. I'm no stylist but jeez, black sack dresses and coloured sunglasses? They should be wearing futuristic eye make-up and glam gowns, tis a very 00s song with a so 90s video.

Rachel Stevens <3 OMG there are other people who loved her?! She is going to be doing Strictly Come Dancing woohoo.
  • JimmyJoeJimmyJoe Posts: 17,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dunno if anyones had a chance to hear the Wideboys Remix of Up! yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9TJ3ysPBXM

This is only the radio edit version - full one is 6mins long :D
  • Sam200XSam200X Posts: 1,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really loving this song, I've been seeing the video on all the music channels, hopefully its a big hit for them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone else noticed Girls Aloud and Sugababes new songs are getting more air play on the radio than The Saturdays new song? I do think this is quite unfair considering The Saturdays have the best song:mad:
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lucylock wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed Girls Aloud and Sugababes new songs are getting more air play on the radio than The Saturdays new song? I do think this is quite unfair considering The Saturdays have the best song:mad:

Really not keen on 'Girls', and the video to 'The Promise' is pretty horrific, too... the hair.. omg.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_-BpF23RzxKE/SN6a4rPGAlI/AAAAAAAALlM/j5N4n_MMrRw/s1600-h/up.jpg

It's much better than the first cover in my opinion.

I wonder if the album cover will follow in the same vein?
  • Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obsessed with this song! FANTASTIC! Hope it does well.
  • mattthemolemattthemole Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    I recon 'Up' is better than 'If this is love', really hope it makes top 10
  • PANNAL1PANNAL1 Posts: 8,905
    Forum Member
    Up is a great song, miles better than the new Girls Aloud song, hope it is a big hit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The song is being used in Ugly Betty trailer, which will help The Saturdays get a bit of promotion.:)

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/a131573/saturdays-song-used-in-us-ugly-betty-trailer.html

Good luck to The Saturdays, they deserve a higher chart position than The Sugababes and Girls Aloud new songs.
  • Official DivaOfficial Diva Posts: 6,792
    Forum Member
    LOL how funny.

The Saturdays getting US interest very early on. Something Girls Aloud haven't been able to do!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL how funny.

The Saturdays getting US interest very early on. Something Girls Aloud haven't been able to do!

The Saturdays seem to be happy about their song being used for the trailer:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bunch of slags. Death by tax is on its way.