Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 2)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did think that, but if if the police were suspiciious they may also contact Social Services, who maybe concerned why his mother has seemingly abandoned her kid. Also if the same SS woman came round to Becky, there would be the confusion about when Becky pretended she was Kylie.

Oh yes of course, I forgot about the Kylie thing.
    Does anyone think Deirdre is starting to sound like Phyllis? And I bet Ken wishes he had got on that barge!
  • AlexR!AlexR! Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    I just hope that Steve and Becky learn the real lesson to come out of all of this - to install into the Rovers back room the same kind of force-field that Gail has between her living room and kitchen. No conversation will ever be overheard again, just as anyone on Gail's sofa becomes oblivious to all the ranting and wailing going on in the kitchen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fugitive wrote: »
    GPs are closed until Wednesday!:confused:

No ours are open today but would not have been open on bank holiday.
  • fugitivefugitive Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It is a Bank holiday today:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member

it is a bank holiday today!!! also has everyone on coronation street forgotten Sally's affair so why does she feel she is completely innocent in the Kevin thing?
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    All this talk about Dr's.

What ever came of the disciplinary into Gail's breach of confidentiality? Not heard anything about it.
  • teenagemartyrteenagemartyr Posts: 6,782
    Forum Member
    All this talk about Dr's.

What ever came of the disciplinary into Gail's breach of confidentiality? Not heard anything about it.

I'd only imagine that Gail was so ashamed that she never requested one, so left the surgery by mutual consent.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd only imagine that Gail was so ashamed that she never requested one, so left the surgery by mutual consent.

I thought Natasha was going to press charges officially?
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stevepjk wrote: »
    Talking of Amy talking, and this infuriates me with some soap children

WHY DO THEY HAVE TO TALK LIKE TODDLERS! :mad:

Amy is six, most six year olds do not talk like they have just graduated out of nappies unless they have some speach impairement or learning difficulty,

"What do you fink weccles, do you fink mummy will let me go home?"

Max talks more realistic as a four year old than Amy does with her enforced baby speak, you can tell she's putting it on and it's not how the child really talks

This is a real bugbear of mine too! It gets on my nerves so much as the kids are the same age as one of my own and you cannot help but compare them! My eldest daughter is also the same age as Gabby in Emmerdale, and she carries on like a six year old, when she is almost 9! :mad:
  • 2Legit2Quit2Legit2Quit Posts: 4,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's because they're crap actors who have been forced into the role by their pushy parents.
  • adwaltonadwalton Posts: 4,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeg wrote: »
    I thought Claire formally adopted Joshua. Besides which, Matt may have visitation rights (I'm not sure how formal that arrangement was anyway), but did not have parental responsibility which, unless the parents are married, must be applied for in court. Legal parental responsibility is what counts in terms of being able to take a child overseas - the simple fact of being the biological parent carries no legal weight.

Regarding Nick's offer to run the bookies for Peter until he's back on his feet - just how many salaries can the bookies support, realistically? It is currently Peter and Leanne's sole source of income, and also employs John - who would surely be the most obvious person to step up and manage the place, with Leanne's support, while Peter is laid up, since he is already trained. Can they really afford to also employ Nick, who doesn't know the business at all? Plus, I find it hard to trust him, and feel that Peter shouldn't either!

John doesn't seem to spend much time at the bookies. he seems to be on permanent holiday
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Since when has Tracey taken to calling Ken "Ken". He is her adoptive dad and should therefore be called "dad" or similar.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also, did I miss something. In one episode Steve can hardly bear to look at Becky and then in the Christmas Day episode they were all over each other. No mention of stealing the money since, has this now been forgotten?
  • stevepjkstevepjk Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    amysmum wrote: »
    Since when has Tracey taken to calling Ken "Ken". He is her adoptive dad and should therefore be called "dad" or similar.

maybe she was reminiscing about Captain Kenny and his radio controlled carpet slippers (the radio ham she did with Steve and Andy when they were kids)

or she was just being sarcastic and down right disrespectful
  • callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Give Amy a chance, she had found her voice after not being able to speak for about 5 years.
  • IndegIndeg Posts: 1,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is an ongoing character point with Tracy that she flits back and forth between calling him dad and emphasising that he is only her stepfather as the whim suits her. In that scene she was being flippant in the extreme and was deliberately winding everyone up because she was frustrated.
    Also, did I miss something. In one episode Steve can hardly bear to look at Becky and then in the Christmas Day episode they were all over each other. No mention of stealing the money since, has this now been forgotten?
    We saw them making up shortly before Christmas. Steve decided that he loved Becky too much not to forgive her.
  • Lorri LouLorri Lou Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

David Platt does the same thing, occasionally addressing his mum as Gail. Its a disrespect thing I would say.
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's the same with Dozie calling her mum 'Babes', would anyone call their Mother this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    <<It's the same with Dozie calling her mum 'Babes', would anyone call their Mother this.>>

Mine wouldn't - they have much ruder names for me! :)

Greetings all posters from the Corrie Thread on the BBC Archers Board. :):)
  • PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Rosie calling Sally "Mum-babes"
    Forum Member
    Greetings all posters from the Corrie Thread on the BBC Archers Board. :):)

Hello back :)
    Forum Member
    What drugs has Deirdre been smoking!?!? TracyLuv bludgeoned her last boyfriend to death with a blunt instrument, yet Old Ma Barlow wants her to start dating! :eek:
    Forum Member
    Maria has a spot of lunch alone in the Rovers - still no sighting of her young baby...
    Forum Member
    Would Carla, a serious and level-headed businesswomen, really employ a convicted murderer? :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is soapland - Normal rules don't apply. Love to see Traceyloves CV!:D
This discussion has been closed.