Options

What should be the 3rd single of MDNA?

Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
Forum Member
Now that the GGW video is here and the album has leaked what should be the third single?

1. Gang Bang (Amazing but probs never gonna happen!)
2. I'm Addicted (club banger)
3. Turn Up The Radio (generic)
4. Some Girls
5. Superstar (flop)
6. I Don't Give A (end is the best bit lol)
7. Love Spent (love it)
8. Falling Free
9. I'm A Sinner (Beautiful Stranger Part II)

Comments

• Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sunny B wrote: »
    Now that the GGW video is here and the album has leaked what should be the third single?

1. Gang Bang (Amazing but probs never gonna happen!)
    2. I'm Addicted (club banger)
    3. Turn Up The Radio (generic)
    4. Some Girls
    5. Superstar (flop)
    6. I Don't Give A (end is the best bit lol)
    7. Love Spent (love it)
    8. Falling Free
    9. I'm A Sinner (Beautiful Stranger Part II)

Well, according to commissioned remixes, Masterpiece will be the UK's 2nd single: we're not getting Girl Gone Wild. Masterpiece is available for download exclusively in the UK on April 2nd.

It is then thought to be Superstar followed by Turn Up The Radio.
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Turn up the radio would be perfect, its radio friendly, dancey and catchy, i think with the right video and radio play it would easily be a top 10, but i guess the one with Nicki Minaj would be clever because she is massive right now.
  • Options
    elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Turn Up the Radio will probably be their choice but I want I'm Addicted.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    'Turn Up The Radio' should be the 3rd single. It's far from my favorite, but it would be nice for summer. I'd like 'I'm Addicted', 'Falling Free' and a short cleaner version of 'Gang Bang' to be released as singles later on, though :)
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gang bang would be risky but deserves a video even for just promo

Turn up the radio has SUMMER SMASH written over it
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well by the sounds of it "gang bang" will be a massive choice for release...i mean already it kinda has a cult following so i reckon it would span itself out definitely....but edited hmmm we will see....need to hear it yet :D

Turn Up The Radio seems to have a lot of praise. I really think it sounds like it has the potential to have a massive summer success. Like basic lyrically but infectious and catchy and euphoric by what people have said.

Love Spent has acoustic remixes worked on with M and Orbit whih would be interesting so we may have that as a release too. Unsure.

We will see...what MDNA needs is not "massie comemrcial success" but it needs a longevity of some form so by having a few more videos circulating, radio airplay guaranteed etc to access to casual listeners we will be onto something even bigger.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Turn up the radio has SUMMER SMASH written over it

I like the sound of a video just for circulation and press.

I mean Azealia Banks says C**t in 212 so so much! but there is an edited song out there in circulation that works just as well. Again havent heard gang bang in full yet (cannot wait to) so we will see.

But as you say a video with cars/tarantino/scrappy old skool cinematics/dramatic cinematography will be massive for the media to delve their teeth into.

I reckon the live performance of it will be totally something else too :cool:
  • Options
    RaptureRiderRaptureRider Posts: 1,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gang Bang or Falling Free.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    Am I the only one that loves Superstar? I think it's a really nice song, I love Love Spent too! :)
  • Options
    elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Although I can picture Love Spent being blasted out through open-roofed cars throughout the summer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the sound of a video just for circulation and press.

I mean Azealia Banks says C**t in 212 so so much! but there is an edited song out there in circulation that works just as well. Again havent heard gang bang in full yet (cannot wait to) so we will see.

Yeah, but Azealia Banks has youth and looks on her side. Madonna won't get playlisted purely for the fact she's over 50, especially if she wants to promote a song called "Gang Bang" people will immediately switch off without hearing it.

Have you not heard the full version of Gang Bang yet? Are you avoiding hearing the leaks?

I'd love for I'm Addicted or Turn up the Radio to be the second and third releases. But I think she might only do two or three possibly, Hard Candy only got three.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    redlight79 wrote: »
    Yeah, but Azealia Banks has youth and looks on her side. Madonna won't get playlisted purely for the fact she's over 50, especially if she wants to promote a song called "Gang Bang" people will immediately switch off without hearing it.

Have you not heard the full version of Gang Bang yet? Are you avoiding hearing the leaks?

I'd love for I'm Addicted or Turn up the Radio to be the second and third releases. But I think she might only do two or three possibly, Hard Candy only got three.

I am waiting to listen to the album when it comes through my door...peoples posts, reviews on the album keep me goin :D

And that is one aspect....Azealia NEEDS radio paylist...i love 212 edited and uncut ;) whereas Madonna doesnt "need" the airplay...just i think if she had it in circulation by the response fans and critics who have heard MDNA thus far praise it so much....i really think it should appeal even wider as MDNA should appeal to as many as it can do :cool: If that makes sense.

I really think she could film a couple of videos before she goes on tour at the end of May though and circulate it maybe mix in a bit of promo in spare dates/days etc. Would be exceptional.

Loving the way everything is being delicately handeled this era has to be said.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am waiting to listen to the album when it comes through my door...peoples posts, reviews on the album keep me goin :D

Wow! You have some patience!! lol

I will say, I'm Addicted and Turn Up The Radio are by far my favourites. I wasn't keen on the Love Spent short clippit, but after hearing the full version, but it's actually really good. DS gave it a bad response. You hear echos of "Hung Up" humming through the song... You'll get what I mean on Monday :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow! You have some patience!! lol

I will say, I'm Addicted and Turn Up The Radio are by far my favourites. I wasn't keen on the Love Spent short clippit, but after hearing the full version, but it's actually really good. DS gave it a bad response. You hear echos of "Hung Up" humming through the song... You'll get what I mean on Monday :)

I do...i mean Madonna is my fave artist of all time....and i really wanna respect and play albums like i used to and they used to :D....so i have to be patient :D

Did the same for the recent Kate Bush album, Florence and Lana Del Rey albums too and it pays off!

Well it is funny as every reviewer has different tastes and different favourites and standouts...those that love Im Addicted others dont...or whatever...i really cannot wait to hear it all though.

I take it Im Addicted is like the "impressive instant" of MDNA like that was to the Music album then? Some have said its like Future Lovers 2012 too :eek: so when i put 2 and 2 together....:eek::eek:

Canot wait. Apparently the banjos in Love Spent are really cool :D....i cannot believe Madonna is bringing banjos back into Pop ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love I'm Addicted and Gang Bang as future singles but GB particularly is very unlikely to happen, would like some videos for both at least.

Turn up the Radio is very likely for single 3 as its a very safe, radio-friendly song and has nice euphoric vibes so it could perform really well for the summer.
  • Options
    VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    I'm Addicted should be a single or there's something wrong with her!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I take it Im Addicted is like the "impressive instant" of MDNA like that was to the Music album then? Some have said its like Future Lovers 2012 too :eek: so when i put 2 and 2 together....:eek::eek:

Canot wait. Apparently the banjos in Love Spent are really cool :D....i cannot believe Madonna is bringing banjos back into Pop ;)

Yeah, I'm Addicted is a mixture of Impressive Instant and Future Lovers. It also sounds very similar to the bridge in Jamelia's "Do Me Right" around 2:16 to 3:00 except with the Bollywood theme.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'm Addicted is a mixture of Impressive Instant and Future Lovers. It also sounds very similar to the bridge in Jamelia's "Do Me Right" around 2:16 to 3:00 except with the Bollywood theme.

Ah suhweeet!

Someone posted a comment that MDNA smells like grammy!....multi-grammy! :D

Ah sledgehammer beats and bass.....cannot freakin wait to hear it!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 477
    Forum Member
    I'd personally prefer Some Girls. For me it's the catchiest track on there. Not trying to start a thread war here but I can hear huge elements of two Gaga songs in it. Dance in the Dark and I Like it Rough!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why can't Girl Gone Wild be the third single?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Don't you think it would be cool if it was a prequel to the "What It Feels Like For A Girl" video? That would be awesome, and I could totally see that working. Mind you, she looks older now, so they'd have to work around that... :cool:
    jackbell wrote: »
    Why can't Girl Gone Wild be the third single?

Oh, you mean for the U.K? Fair enough point actually, considering I think Masterpiece is the second U.K single.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slim pickings really unless the album is a real grower. I'd go for one of the two stand-out tracks - Gang Bang or Some Girls. Nothing else on first listen has stood out for me.
  • Options
    TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think it's a priority to be releasing lots of singles as she cant promote them because of the tour and probably won't even release a video and radio won't even play her music much anyway
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    For me, it really has to be Turn Up The Radio with a summer release.
    As soon as I heard it I was like "OMG THIS IS THE PERFECT SUMMER JAM", it's just so euphoric and uplifting. This song NEEDS to be a single.