"Ghost Town" - Adam Lambert

MaksonMakson Posts: 30,476
Forum Member
✭✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ix8ocFEMa1o

Well I wasn't expecting this from Mr Lambert as I've had no interest in his previous material:o
I think this will smash hard in the UK charts, or at least it deserves to.
His new album seems to be really good too....very EDM inspired rather than the campy glam pop he is more known more.
I am liking his new direction very much:)

Comments

• LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find it Incredibly forgetful.
  • suspect10suspect10 Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    Adam Lambert is one of the best singers around at this time, hope he does well with this one.:)
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    I like it, but its flopping here. Probably down to zero radio play
  • spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Adam is one of the best singers on the planet with some of the worst songs on the planet. I love him best singing with Queen cos those amazing songs really show off his vocal range.
  • Reem2011Reem2011 Posts: 4,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aura101 wrote: »
    I like it, but its flopping here. Probably down to zero radio play

But if it was a unknown person what sang the song. Radio 1 would be all over it!
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After working with Queen, i expected a rock inspired album. But this new one is just an example of another popstar hitting the EDM craze. Although he is a few years behind. He's better than this. The crappy production do not do his amazing vocals any justice. I prefer his glam pop sound. It wasn't totally original but they had great hooks and showed his talent.
  • TetherTether Posts: 951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can only stomach about 10 seconds of him before I want to tear my eyes out.

He just makes me cringe.
  • clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like his music but this has disappointed me to be honest.

I hope this is just an experimental track, hope he'll return to his normal style.
  • HaydenHayden Posts: 32,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Incredibly boring.
  • idratherjackidratherjack Posts: 1,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't like Ghost Town (haven't made it all the way through) but I love Adam Lambert and am going to download his new album today. Anyone heard it yet?

He has one of the best voices I've ever heard. I watched American Idol just for him and genuinely thought he would go on to Kelly Clarkson levels of international success but sadly he always seems to be let down by sub-par material. I found his second album incredibly bland. Having said that he has a few amazing songs (If I Had You, Whataya Want From Me, For Your Entertainment, Cuckoo) and is so handsome! Really hope he does well this time around.
  • SpaceCakeSpaceCake Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    Tether wrote: »

He just makes me cringe.

You're not the only one.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evil In The Night is a choooon!!!
    I also like Another Day, Another Lonely Night even if it is a little cheesy.
  • clonmultclonmult Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tether wrote: »

He just makes me cringe.

Don't think its that bad; the guy obviously has a good voice, and also appears - at least in this video - to have a distinct 80s George Michael look going ....
  • TetherTether Posts: 951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clonmult wrote: »
    Don't think its that bad; the guy obviously has a good voice, and also appears - at least in this video - to have a distinct 80s George Michael look going ....

Yes my point exactly. He never fails to make me cringe, only Russell Brand can top him.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ghosttown by Madonna also flopped.
  • Chris_WaltonChris_Walton Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Ghosttown by Madonna also flopped.

Pure coincidence
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Listening to Ghost Town is like listening to a restricted version of Adam Lambert.

I don't get the hype for it.

Disappointing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spaceygal wrote: »
    I think Adam is one of the best singers on the planet with some of the worst songs on the planet. I love him best singing with Queen cos those amazing songs really show off his vocal range.

Completely agree.

He needs to be let loose and do what he want's to do.
  • StubeStube Posts: 16,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not really my cup of tea but I can appreciate that it is a really fantastic pop song. The lyrics are amazing. I guess the melody could be a lot stronger. As the DS reviewer put it, the whistles on the chorus sound really eerie which adds to the track. I don't think it was ever going to smash on radio though. There's no hook at all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    It's not over yet because Ghost Town is starting to take off at pop radio in the US. New York's Z100 has officially added the song to their playlist. One of America's most powerful stations is officially on board. That's a major achievement for him and it means that the song will get more radio play. And it is an accepted fact that radio play stimulates record sales.
  • alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hardly as seminal as the old Specials classic - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slmb4ZZ5pkY
  • LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alcockell wrote: »
    Hardly as seminal as the old Specials classic - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slmb4ZZ5pkY

Too true, I came here thinking it might be a Specials cover.
    Is that really Adam Lambert? :o WTF happened?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    I think Ghost Town was quite underwhelming, but I think The Original High (the album) is fantastic. Another Lonely Night, Underground, There I Said It and Lucy are the standouts, for me. I think I read the other day it was number 4 in the midweek album chart so hopefully it can stay there, and maybe even go even higher :cool:
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After a dodgy few years, Adam has finally found his niche with this album. It seems leaving his last record label was the best thing to happen to him.
  • suspect10suspect10 Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    His Album is doing really well in the charts.:)