The Katie Waissel Appreciation Thread!

StubeStube Posts: 16,833
Forum Member
✭✭
I love her personality! :D

I hope she goes far! She's like Diana 2.0.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    I like her too....quirky :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    I like her too! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her a lot. She's going to be marmite isnt she?

Good luck to her.
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I preferred Katie singing the Etta James song to We Are the Champions. I think it was a shock suddenly to be told to sing something else, which could be why she forgot a lyric early on.

I could picture Katie as a biker chick, a bit like Katy Bullock who featured in the first episode of X Factor last year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Woo I am supporting this person because she has a cool afro!

Unfortunately, she comes across as one of those people they kick out very quickly... I hope I am wrong.

Edit:

Oh dear... http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2010/08/21/x-factor-katie-waissel-s-secret-deal-revealed-115875-22504330/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    I really like her. Great personality, and a really nice, unique voice. I think with more choice in songs she could shine even more.

I've read about the whole record deal thing. I hope it's the case of she's no longer with the company.
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's got big blonde hair but I'd say that's where the comparisons with Diana Vickers end. I like Katie and don't like Diana.

She's got a really interesting voice, I like her a lot. She may need to pipe down a little though in case people turn against her for being annoying.
  • StubeStube Posts: 16,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone else think her singing voice and face are like Pixie Lott's and her talking voice is like Geri Halliwell's? :D

When she kept apologising on stage, it reminded me of Geri.
  • duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her show if anyone wants a peek.

http://www.youtube.com/user/greeneyedworld
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stube wrote: »
    Does anyone else think her singing voice and face are like Pixie Lott's and her talking voice is like Geri Halliwell's? :D

When she kept apologising on stage, it reminded me of Geri.

Yes Stube, Katie reminded me of a picture in the Graudian a couple of months ago of Pixie wearing a headband.

Katie comes from Harefield on the London/ Herts border, not far from Geri's home town of Watford. This might explain any likeness in their accents.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes Stube, Katie reminded me of a picture in the Graudian a couple of months ago of Pixie wearing a headband.

Katie comes from Harefield on the London/ Herts border, not far from Geri's home town of Watford. This might explain any likeness in their accents.

WOO! That means I'm not mad! :eek::D

I have to say I love Katie's style. I don't get why people think she's pretentious. People can be naturally quirky. It really comes across as though she loves the 80s.
  • Troy EdwardsTroy Edwards Posts: 997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I adore Katie.

So nutty.

I haven't liked an act more since Hope.

:)
  • wintermute101wintermute101 Posts: 1,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have to say I love Katie's style. I don't get why people think she's pretentious. People can be naturally quirky. It really comes across as though she loves the 80s.

:confused:

but her 'style' is all fake. the quirky is an act. She probably didn't even know who Freddie Mercury was until the XF powers-that-be constructed this persona for her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :confused:

but her 'style' is all fake. the quirky is an act. She probably didn't even know who Freddie Mercury was until the XF powers-that-be constructed this persona for her.

This is an appreciation thread.

Get out.
  • wintermute101wintermute101 Posts: 1,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is an appreciation thread.

Get out.

I'm trying to enlighten her fans about the truth, but if you want to continue deluding yourself.... go ahead ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm interested in buying Katie's album.

I love a bit of cool jazz with female vocals.

I thought her version of 'At Last' was mega amazing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 365
    Forum Member
    So drunk. FHM party = quite hilaire. I met that girl from X Factor who was quite annoying and then sang At Last and was quite good.
    [/QUOTE]
    She has made it through to the final 12 FYI.
    [/QUOTE]
    http://twitter.com/mattpark
    Forum Member
    surrey13 wrote: »
    So drunk. FHM party = quite hilaire. I met that girl from X Factor who was quite annoying and then sang At Last and was quite good.
    She has made it through to the final 12 FYI.
    [/QUOTE]
    http://twitter.com/mattpark[/QUOTE]
    Wow it's so cool if that's true. She has a great personality, and an interesting unique voice. Will be interesting to see what she does next.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although I have found some recent acts quite good (such as Mary and Cher), Katie is still my fave so far.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I downloaded an album of Roy Orbison cover versions.

I think Katie is performing one track, Blue Bayou under the name Katie V.

Very impressed with her vocals.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katie left me looking forward to seeing her again. I have liked a few others (such as Mary, Amy Louise yesterday to name but two), but nobody has struck me like Katie. So it will make my day if she makes it to the finals!
    Forum Member
    Thought I'd revive this thread, ready for tonight. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We saw quite a bit of her today despite her only singing for 10 seconds. :D

I loved her rocking out to Storm's 'Sweet Child o' Mine' in the audience. So sweet! :D

I can't wait to hear what she sings. :D Hopefully it's not TFTEISYF.
    Forum Member
    We saw quite a bit of her today despite her only singing for 10 seconds. :D

I loved her rocking out to Storm's 'Sweet Child o' Mine' in the audience. So sweet! :D

I can't wait to hear what she sings. :D Hopefully it's not TFTEISYF.

I was thinking that, I loved all the different shots of her.

Tomorrow something to look forward to will be her performance, I think/hope she'll get them full feature thingies. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    x-xLizx-x wrote: »
    I was thinking that, I loved all the different shots of her.

Tomorrow something to look forward to will be her performance, I think/hope she'll get them full feature thingies. :D

Yeah. I hope she picks a really unique song. :D

Also, if she gets into the top 12, I hope the producers/Simon/stylists don't ruin her and make her style contrived etc. I hope she's in complete control of her general style. Same with Cher.