Options

Just seen X Factor is rigged

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 429
Forum Member
Go to skynews website and look for tommrrows papers and they have front cover news stating that Dermot said it was rigged, well if it is rigged well OFCOM should step in and shut the show down

Comments

• Options
    Ginger GeekGinger Geek Posts: 6,182
    Forum Member
    Why on earth would Dermot say that even if it was 100% true?

He wouldn't say such a thing until he left the show.
  • Options
    TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    They wouldn't be stupid enough to rig it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 429
    Forum Member
    i think now its all gone too bad for simon cowel, lets just hope his usa version is better
  • Options
    idlewildgirlidlewildgirl Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tyjet wrote: »

^That

and even if they did Dermot wouldn't be stupid enough to talk about it
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    No way was it rigged. If it were then Cheryl wouldn't have mentioned anything about taking it to deadlock. She didn't know what was going to happen. Katie is a fantastic singer, and a million times more interesting than TreyC
  • Options
    aussie_dave_gaussie_dave_g Posts: 224
    Forum Member
    I cant imagine a tabloid would delibrately exaggerate a headline in order to sell papers!!!

(someone confirm to me that you could sense the sarcasm dripping through this)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yea.

BTW, Dermot, if your reading this, Simon said hand in your P45, lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^That

This exactly. Dermot would have to have a career suicide wish to talk about any rigging.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    Reliable Star :rolleyes:

I don't think Cheryl was in on the fix

They know by her personality she'd refuse to vote, and that Danni would give the only sensible vote.

So Simon and Louis would have already discussed it between them who to vote for. Louis had always supported Treyc, so it didnt make sense, and he had no reason for his choice

I actually think its a good thing for Treyc, as she gets more awareness, and Im sure when the votes are revealed after the final and Treyc had more votes, it'll be back in the papers and they'll wanna hear how she feels.

Also, I think she's out of contract now as she's not goin in tour
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cant imagine a tabloid would delibrately exaggerate a headline in order to sell papers!!!

(someone confirm to me that you could sense the sarcasm dripping through this)

yep, you were successful on the sarcasm front there....:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course it was rigged:D:D-

they couldn't send it to deadlock for obvious reasons and if Cheryl had been left vote last the only way she could have been 'loyal to both acts' would have been to send it to deadlock- it's not rocket science- anyone watching it could tell that

Seriously doubt Dermot said that though whatever they wrote in the Sun- and Simon couldn't care less- all he wants is headlines- everyone will tune in again next week- more people even:)
  • Options
    caz789caz789 Posts: 4,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would wait to see the article, sometimes the headlines are bull.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Is that sarcastic?:rolleyes:
  • Options
    duncannduncann Posts: 11,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why on earth do people fall for this 'rigged' crap. The idea that some Ofcom rule has been broken is hilarious. It's an entertainment show, not the General Election.

It doesn't say anywhere on the show that the judges don't confer or have had meetings with producers about who goes or stays depending on whatever outcome or that they have to be asked by Dermot in any particular order. It's not a secret ballot.

Obviously the show doesn't lie about the public vote and who is in the bottom 2, after that the format of this show is they decide - not you. That's the point of it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    caz789 wrote: »
    Is that sarcastic?:rolleyes:
    No.

If they rigged it and got caught it would cripple them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is news? :D
  • Options
    CoenCoen Posts: 5,711
    Forum Member
    duncann wrote: »
    Why on earth do people fall for this 'rigged' crap. The idea that some Ofcom rule has been broken is hilarious. It's an entertainment show, not the General Election.

It doesn't say anywhere on the show that the judges don't confer or have had meetings with producers about who goes or stays depending on whatever outcome or that they have to be asked by Dermot in any particular order. It's not a secret ballot.

Obviously the show doesn't lie about the public vote and who is in the bottom 2, after that the format of this show is they decide - not you. That's the point of it.

My thoughts exactly. Of course the producers decide which of the acts that are in the bottom 2 goes out. I don't understand why this would come as a surprise to anyone.

If there was any evidence that the wider voting was dodgy, and that they used anything other than the public vote to decide who was in the bottom 2, then that would be an issue. But if we're just talking about how they decided which of the bottom 2 went, well of course that part is "rigged". It always has been.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    durrtyabe wrote: »
    Reliable Star :rolleyes:

I don't think Cheryl was in on the fix

They know by her personality she'd refuse to vote, and that Danni would give the only sensible vote.

So Simon and Louis would have already discussed it between them who to vote for. Louis had always supported Treyc, so it didnt make sense, and he had no reason for his choice

I actually think its a good thing for Treyc, as she gets more awareness, and Im sure when the votes are revealed after the final and Treyc had more votes, it'll be back in the papers and they'll wanna hear how she feels.

Also, I think she's out of contract now as she's not goin in tour

The Sun in fact : Daily Mail have a story on the fix as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No.

If they rigged it and got caught it would cripple them.

They rig it.....all....the...time....

...and if they get caught it would cripple them.

But they won't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    caz789 wrote: »
    They rig it.....all....the...time....

...and if they get caught it would cripple them.

But they won't.

Right calm down, put your crystal ball away.

Really, they wouldn't be stupid enough to rig the votes, maybe the judges vote, but not the phone votes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    duncann wrote: »

Just because it doesn't break any OFCOM rules- (partly because the producers appear to be making the rules up as they go along:D) -doesn't mean the elimination isn't rigged or fixed :D

People are paying money to vote for their favourite contestant- when the judges repeatedly save somebody who's been in the bottom two three times, can't remember her words, is demonstrably a worse singer than the other contestant (Simon's own words), and lets face is in last place in the voting more than once- they are directly ignoring the viewing public and rigging the result to suit themselves-

maybe not in any legal sense but certainly in the court of public opinion- Simon couldn't give a f**k and to be honest- I'll still be watching next saturday- but let's not pretend certain eliminations aren't fixed- it's the whole point of the judges' vote:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Right calm down, put your crystal ball away.

Really, they wouldn't be stupid enough to rig the votes, maybe the judges vote, but not the phone votes.

It's not the phone votes that are rigged, they would be stupid to try that. :)

The rest of the show is pure manipulation though, down to editing, song choice, comments, make-overs and the judge's decisions (without them apparently knowing who's bottom) .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Odd Socks wrote: »
    It's not the phone votes that are rigged, they would be stupid to try that. :)
    I've said this myself several times.
  • Options
    JaggedcatJaggedcat Posts: 3,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dermot will be job hunting soon.
  • Options
    baincolbaincol Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    No way was it rigged. If it were then Cheryl wouldn't have mentioned anything about taking it to deadlock. She didn't know what was going to happen. Katie is a fantastic singer, and a million times more interesting than TreyC

Bit early to be drinking?