Options

Does Simon know who is bottom before Dermot announces the result

chaz richchaz rich Posts: 1,812
Forum Member
✭✭✭
As Simon runs the whole show it is basically inconcievable that he is not told who is bottom before the judges vote.
Or am I just a sad conspiracy theorist :eek:

Comments

• Options
    sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    chaz rich wrote: »
    As Simon runs the whole show it is basically inconcievable that he is not told who is bottom before the judges vote.

I don't think you're a sad conspiracy theorist. Of course Simon knows who has received the least votes. It isn't anything new ... I'm sure this sort of thing has gone on for ages.

Does it matter though? At the end of the day ... the show is entertaining (for all the wrong reasons - but entertaining nonetheless). Who cares if its a fix? I don't. The real singers will get a career out of it in the long run. In this year's case ... Rebecca and probably Matt. It doesn't matter who wins.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I posted a thread last week after listening to Five Live.The Richard Bacon show on a Tuesday afternoon does a tv review & during a discussion about XF & its manipulations etc Richard Bacon stated that it is his understanding that Cowell knows the result in the final ad break.

When making his decision I am sure he knows who is bottom.

Last week he didn't want deadlock this week he ensured deadlock was the best Aiden could get & knew he was bottom.

I am sure the order the judges are gone to is certainly done with who is bottom in mind.

I am bemused as to what fascination Cowell has with Katie. The public have given a resounding thumbs down & I suspect voting numbers were down this week.
  • Options
    NightFallsNightFalls Posts: 8,596
    Forum Member

Of course he knows, this is what makes it such a farce!! :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course he does for ages now you have been able to read the faces of the contestants and the Judges and to know who is in the bottom. They all knowIMO
  • Options
    chuck_wipplchuck_wippl Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    Yes. He knows. He's Simon Cowell.
  • Options
    dog_eat_dogdog_eat_dog Posts: 3,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    in my opinion, yes he does.

I am certainly not a conspiracy theorist, in fact, I don't think there's any hidden conspiracy here at all. Simon is told who has gotten the least votes, either during the ad break, or the final performances and makes his decision then. That is why Cheryl was asked for her decision second, instead of last, last week - because he knew Katie had the least amount of votes and would go if the decision went to deadlock.

You can always see him chatting to his best mate Cheryl during the final performances - it's not hard to see why Katie has been saved 4 times.

Simon was happy to send both Rachel Adedeji and Rachel Hylton home, for example, because they had been in the bottom two one more than one occasion and he felt they couldn't win because of that fact. Difference was, they were not Cheryl's acts.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    Aiden let the cat out of the bag on live tv last night. If he knew then Simon definitely knows. Simon was in a no loose situation last night. He wants to keep Katie in (I have no idea why) and he knew before hand that Aiden was going. He votes for Katie, Louis votes for Aiden it goes to deadlock and Katie stays. Louis votes for Katie she stays.

I don't understand why anyone would want to waste their money voting any more.
  • Options
    oilcatoilcat Posts: 27,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The producers (including SC) will be monitoring the votes all day Sunday.

Remember when all votes to TV shows were "checked and verified by an independant ajudicator"?.....now they are just checked and verified........probably by Cowell
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    He knows his bottoms does Simon.. just look at Sinnita's and Cheryl's.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    I think they all know before Dermot announces it.

Of course the result is slightly fixed, otherwise they would never have the sing-off and would just leave it all to the public vote.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course Simon knows. It made no sense to save Katie unless he knew it would mean Aiden would leave, so that's why he did it.
  • Options
    Candy StoreCandy Store Posts: 5,125
    Forum Member
    The judges are given the standings as they are at the start of the results show but in the knowledge that things can still change before the lines close.

I remember a week in the second series when Brenda Edwards was trailing considerably at the start of the results show but so many votes came in for her during the results show that she was safe by the time lines closed. All three judges' faces were a picture. The explanation for their blatant shock reactions at Brenda being safe had to be made because Brenda had performed well and got good comments that week.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon knew Louis would vote to save aiden IMO so it was tactical.
  • Options
    glasshalffullglasshalffull Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't "know" but have long supected they all have an idea who is bottom two when the show starts...the faces when the judges enter seems a bit of a clue.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect that after the charade of the last few weeks judges voting the " great british public " or a good percentage at least will now NOT pick up the phones to boher voting.
  • Options
    GothamGotham Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes of course he does. He fixed it like that so no-one could cry fix because technically Aiden was bottom of the pile and deserved to go. I mean Louis Walsh's voting is way too erractic to be that of his own accord. One week he votes to send Katie home, the next he's saving her, the next he's voting to send her home again. These are the actions of a man being told what to do by his superior.
  • Options
    NorfolkPoppyNorfolkPoppy Posts: 5,688
    Forum Member
    Of couse Simon knows....it's his show.

It'll be really interesting if Wagner wins as a result of Cowell's manipulation
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of couse Simon knows....it's his show.

It'll be really interesting if Wagner wins as a result of Cowell's manipulation

I know many people would like to upset Simon but I doubt there are millions of them out there.

Though on the other hand :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Care Bear wrote: »
    Aiden let the cat out of the bag on live tv last night. If he knew then Simon definitely knows. Simon was in a no loose situation last night. He wants to keep Katie in (I have no idea why) and he knew before hand that Aiden was going. He votes for Katie, Louis votes for Aiden it goes to deadlock and Katie stays. Louis votes for Katie she stays.

I don't understand why anyone would want to waste their money voting any more.

I don't waste my money anymore as it happens. From last year it has been obvious that Simon manipulates the votes and I gave up putting any of my hard earned cash into his pocket. I'm all for spending some cash on some calls to support my favourite act, but I'm blowed if I am just going to line Simon all mighty's pockets.
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The official line is that none of the judges know the result before they vote, but we all know about so-called official lines!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of cause he does
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    IMO simon took a gamble on who the other judges would vote for taking it to a public vote
  • Options
    tonyslim99tonyslim99 Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    - Kaii - wrote: »
    IMO simon took a gamble on who the other judges would vote for taking it to a public vote

It was no gamble. Once he voted foir Kate he knew she was safe. Either by yhe judges or by the public vote
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    tonyslim99 wrote: »
    It was no gamble. Once he voted foir Kate he knew she was safe. Either by yhe judges or by the public vote

I agree- the fact that he took such a long pause and then looked like the cat that got the cream before announcing his decision, was the deciding factor that he knew the result IMO

He was surveying the audience as if to say "i know something u don't know"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    I have always believed he knows, he did not like the shock he got when Will Young won over Gareth and I for one do not think he knew before it was announced as Pop Idol was NOT his show it was Simon Fullers show.

I also look at the judges faces as they come on for the results and thought that it was not going to be another Cheryl Cole one going, she was smiling too much! Dannii on the other hand was not and I then thought this is Paije or Aiden going home. I was not wrong sadly.

Okay so Aiden got the least amount of votes, down to his fans thinking he was safe and also some of them voting for Paije as they did not like Simons comments to him having a Zero chance of winning, and I think there were other fans out there of other acts who voted for Paije it is human nature to back the underdog and the underdog was firmly chosen by Simon on Saturday night the man is not stupid, sadly we the public are by believing this is some sort of fair show, as it is far from that imo.

Stories are leaked to the press etc etc... it is all a GAME, and to be honest not a very nice one.

Simon was shocked by something, now was that how many votes Wagner got or how many Paije got... really think I would love to see Wagner win this now and I have never felt that way before, my fav has always been the one I backed, well sorry I will not be backing my fav as if I vote at all it will be for Wagner, as the show has peed me off for the final time now.