Options

NEW 24 hrs in A & E

Comments

• Options
    ROWLING2010ROWLING2010 Posts: 3,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else watching?

I just had to stop watching for a bit as I can't stand any sort of putting limbs/bones etc back in to the correct position *feels ill*
  • Options
    Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else watching?

I just had to stop watching for a bit as I can't stand any sort of putting limbs/bones etc back in to the correct positional *feels ill*

I've got in on in the background but not really watching, but I happened to look up just as they were putting that guy's knee back into position. Ouch... >.<
  • Options
    who-mewho-me Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    The young man and his grand ma made me cry. So touching.

:D:D:D someone trumping in the waiting room. I needed a good laff today and that did the trick.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had to fast forward the bit when the toe nail was being removed but did the Dad really film it being done?! I was only watching with one eye...and it was moving fast:D
  • Options
    CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So sad :cry:

Plus it's so raw for me at the moment as my own Nan died in hospital and was surrounded by those who she loved & god knows we love(d) her soooooooo much.
  • Options
    mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone else watching?

I just had to stop watching for a bit as I can't stand any sort of putting limbs/bones etc back in to the correct position *feels ill*

Watching on catch up. I feel so sorry for the dislocated knee guy. Not sure how he is supposed to 'relax'.

Did I imagine a loud snapping sound as the knee went back into place?:eek:

I really feel for the poor guy who got randomly punched in the face. What is the matter with some people? Why on earth would anyone do that?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    who-me wrote: »

:D:D:D someone trumping in the waiting room. I needed a good laff today and that did the trick.

I love Ho and his Grandma. His description of the essential English words she learnt made me laugh out loud.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CrazyLoop wrote: »
    So sad :cry:

Plus it's so raw for me at the moment as my own Nan died in hospital and was surrounded by those who she loved & god knows we love(d) her soooooooo much.

That's very sad CL - I'm sorry for your loss.

That was very moving. What a lovely grandson.

Brilliant episode again with the facial surgeon and his magic thumb, that hideous kneecap relocation, the funny girls in the waiting room, Tyrell ignoring his Dad (I do hope he comes to appreciate the importance of family history before it's too late) and Ho and his grandma.
  • Options
    Roland MouseRoland Mouse Posts: 9,531
    Forum Member
    mazzy50 wrote: »
    Watching on catch up. I feel so sorry for the dislocated knee guy. Not sure how he is supposed to 'relax'.

Did I imagine a loud snapping sound as the knee went back into place/:eek:

I really feel for the poor guy who got randomly punched in the face. What is the matter with some people? Why on earth would anyone do that?

No that is very normal and usually louder than that as it bone hitting bone. But it has to go back before it can even start to heal, so sooner is better than later. Also the pain of dislocation goes away instantly it snaps back, leaving just a dull ache.

Then they strap it up to stop it popping back out again until it heals and strengthens. The muscles and ligaments get stretched when it's dislocated so it could easily pop out again if not held in place until they heal and shorten into their original place. Some never shorten properly again and so with some people they keep putting the same joint out.
  • Options
    PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    No that is very normal and usually louder than that as it bone hitting bone. But it has to go back before it can even start to heal, so sooner is better than later. Also the pain of dislocation goes away instantly it snaps back, leaving just a dull ache.

Then they strap it up to stop it popping back out again until it heals and strengthens. The muscles and ligaments get stretched when it's dislocated so it could easily pop out again if not held in place until they heal and shorten into their original place. Some never shorten properly again and so with some people they keep putting the same joint out.

I cant speak for a dislocated knee but my son has had a dislocated elbow three times .The pain may lessen but it sure isnt a dull ache once back in .He was on strong painkillers and very sore for a week at least .
    The muscles and ligaments have been wrenched and pulled and are very painful post procedure .
  • Options
    Bio MaxBio Max Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favourite episode so far. You know it takes the pee that some celebrities are virtually worshipped, like world class footballers, when world class surgeons like that facial surgeon go without any recognition. He has a far far more important and crucial job.

Also enjoyed the scene in the waiting room with someone constantly farting :D
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    mazzy50 wrote: »

Did I imagine a loud snapping sound as the knee went back into place?:eek:

That's when I passed out....:eek:...;)
    who-me wrote: »

I was emotional.....But I thought she had died then and there.

I'm sure the Family Tree Dad took a photo after the Nail had been removed.:cool:

And again, another patient looking different when talking to camera after the event: the Guy that was Punched, Nicholas.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    By the looks of it half of them in A&E don't need to be there.
  • Options
    spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    evening
  • Options
    applepie2100applepie2100 Posts: 23,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening :)

It definitely looks like one or two of them don't need to be there tonight either!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening :)

It definitely looks like one or two of them don't need to be there tonight either!

was thinking that , that RTA coming in sounds really bad motorbike vs car :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello.

A fish bone in his finger? Did I hear that right?

How in the world did he manage that? :confused:
  • Options
    curmycurmy Posts: 4,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite !

That bloke didn't like having his finger anaesthetised :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do wonder about the Trauma Team. When they mentioned a team of twenty I wondered at what point it goes from organized to chaos?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I do wonder about the Trauma Team. When they mentioned a team of twenty I wondered at what point it goes from organized to chaos?

Well if each has a job and sticks to it, chaos should never happen. Just procedure.
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    I'll be watching as usual, must get my 40D download program working, need to download last weeks, which was top draw IMO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't look good......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll be watching as usual, must get my 40D download program working, need to download last weeks, which was top draw IMO.

I have the last three episodes to watch , I am going to try and watch them over this coming weekend if I can find the time
  • Options
    Forum Member
    God that black man is a big baby!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What the hell does this bloke have, a shark bone??
This discussion has been closed.