Why do The Sun & Mail enjoy sucking Cowell's love muscle?

Comments

• PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I saw that documentary re: Gary too.

I find it quite scary really how the press can do that - they can basically decide how someone's represented regardless; that was evident by the negative press Gary got as highlighted in that documentary. Say what you like about Barlow, he didn't deserve that constant negativity - yes, he may have been a bit arrogant at the time; he's the first to admit that - but the press he received was totally ridiculous and OTT back then. He openly admitted that he couldn't leave the house as a result of it all!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2621467/Simon-Cowell-shares-personal-pictures-baby-Eric-home-mother-Lauren-Silverman.html

My favourite quote:
    Music mogul Simon Cowell has been very private about his new baby

...seriously?! Seriously?!

What's interesting is that after last week's blurred out pics... now he's giving the press a close up (via twitter)... and yesterday's pap pics are no longer blurred out either... :confused:

I'm sure the DM comments section will have a field day again.

To blur or not to blur...
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PJ1893 wrote: »
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2621467/Simon-Cowell-shares-personal-pictures-baby-Eric-home-mother-Lauren-Silverman.html

My favourite quote:

...seriously?! Seriously?!

What's interesting is that after last week's blurred out pics... now he's giving the press a close up (via twitter)... and yesterday's pap pics are no longer blurred out either... :confused:

I'm sure the DM comments section will have a field day again.

To blur or not to blur...

PMSL! Private?! Really?! He doesn't know the meaning of the word, I can only assume that's another one of the DM's infamous tongue in cheek comments that they do when they can't say what they really want to;-)
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it just me or are those new baby pics just weird? he looks more like 6 months than 2 and a half. :eek: My cousin gave birth at the end of January and her baby hasn't grown anywhere near as fast. In one of the images it looks like he is holding himself up on the couch. At nearly 3 months!! :confused:
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just me or are those new baby pics just weird? he looks more like 6 months than 2 and a half. :eek: My cousin gave birth at the end of January and her baby hasn't grown anywhere near as fast. In one of the images it looks like he is holding himself up on the couch. At nearly 3 months!! :confused:

Maybe he did not like it and still could get a replacement.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know nothing about babies but I did think 'he has grown up fast'.. maybe it's the angle of the pics?

... the comments section have changed their tune... it's full of 'he looks just like Simon' this week... :blush:
  • welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
    Forum Member
    What this thread has been waiting for:

Simon Cowell ‏@SimonCowell 3h
    If you are interested, I have done an interview with my good friend @ImPaulMcKenna on Hulu. Here is the link http://bit.ly/McKennaCowell

'Paul McKenna delves into the inner workings of media giant Simon Cowell'
  • Lee_BromleyLee_Bromley Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    Quite interesting that Sharon Osborne said on Twitter -
    Max Clifford the predator is finally where he belongs, in jail. Shame on the people who employed him!
    , yet not one newspaper has commented on it.

While The X Factor is still being commissioned, the media will always be happy to stay on Cowell's good side because the show provides easy column inches for them.

Regarding Steve Brookstein; he says some pretty interesting things on his Twitter page. I saw him comment that Cowell seemed to have spent a lot of time recreating himself as a family man, with a partner, child and a couple of dogs. And while many people on social media are commenting on Cowell's connections with Clifford, and the fact that the woman he's apparently had a child (which appears to have aged dramatically into a baby with a nose like his...) with his best friend's wife, the media never seems to mention this. He also said that Cowell will never publicly condemn Clifford.

I just get the feeling that Cowell's bulletproof image is about to come to an abrupt end.
  • welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
    Forum Member
    I go from loving to hating Sharon; can't figure her out.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite interesting that Sharon Osborne said on Twitter - , yet not one newspaper has commented on it.

While The X Factor is still being commissioned, the media will always be happy to stay on Cowell's good side because the show provides easy column inches for them.

Regarding Steve Brookstein; he says some pretty interesting things on his Twitter page. I saw him comment that Cowell seemed to have spent a lot of time recreating himself as a family man, with a partner, child and a couple of dogs. And while many people on social media are commenting on Cowell's connections with Clifford, and the fact that the woman he's apparently had a child (which appears to have aged dramatically into a baby with a nose like his...) with his best friend's wife, the media never seems to mention this. He also said that Cowell will never publicly condemn Clifford.

I just get the feeling that Cowell's bulletproof image is about to come to an abrupt end.

I mean this raises an interesting issue for me, though Simon and Lauren have known one another several years anyway, makes me wonder if this whole thing wasn't arranged or speeded up, due to the impending rumbles regarding Max.

Given that the key players will have probably known well in advance of the public if a missile was heading their way, so to speak.

Only musing, but just makes me wonder with the timing. Mr Cowell suddenly the 'family man' on the eve of all this mess, after years of being completely uninterested in domesticity?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    I mean this raises an interesting issue for me, though Simon and Lauren have known one another several years anyway, makes me wonder if this whole thing wasn't arranged or speeded up, due to the impending rumbles regarding Max.

Given that the key players will have probably known well in advance of the public if a missile was heading their way, so to speak.

Only musing, but just makes me wonder with the timing. Mr Cowell suddenly the 'family man' on the eve of all this mess, after years of being completely uninterested in domesticity?

I think you might be onto something. Simon was always very vocal about never wanting kids before Lauren, and I don't believe for one second there is any kind of relationship between them other than a business one. All of the pictures of him with the baby are convenient at a time when his publicist has been found guilty of hideous crimes.

The Mirror often print negative-ish stories about Simon now. It's only really The Sun and the Mail that are still enthralled by him,
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,983
    Forum Member
    Quite interesting that Sharon Osborne said on Twitter - , yet not one newspaper has commented on it.

Well Ms Osborne did claim Clifford could polish a turd, the question was which of his former clients was she talking about?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever the real story is, I think Simon and his team just simply go OTT with the leaks and quotes. His employees and friends are constantly going on about what a changed man he is - the latest being Tom Bower who was quoted in the DM yesterday. And there's little variation - they all seem to say the same things.

When his child was born, one of the first things that was fed to the media were his tearful words of 'I've waited my whole life to meet you' - it almost appears like these things are calculated in the PR office in advance ready to give to the media. Maybe they're not, who knows...

I always thought it was strange that when their affair first broke instead of being private they immediately started the OTT photo ops on the beach - it wasn't even like they tried to pretend they weren't posing for the press. They were actively making a point of standing and kissing for the paps --- talk about rubbing the ex-husband's face in it... not that the press ever said that.
  • DE53DE53 Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wilehelmas wrote: »

I think you might be onto something. Simon was always very vocal about never wanting kids before Lauren, and I don't believe for one second there is any kind of relationship between them other than a business one. All of the pictures of him with the baby are convenient at a time when his publicist has been found guilty of hideous crimes.

The Mirror often print negative-ish stories about Simon now. It's only really The Sun and the Mail that are still enthralled by him,

^^Have to agree on this. I'm not all together convinced the child is his. He shows a complete lack of fatherly protection, he is just using the child for PR in my opinion. I still think that Eric looks like her husband and when people were commenting on that, suddenly his face was blurred out and comments disappeared, when normally his little face is just one big photo op
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DE53 wrote: »
    ^^Have to agree on this. I'm not all together convinced the child is his. He shows a complete lack of fatherly protection, he is just using the child for PR in my opinion. I still think that Eric looks like her husband and when people were commenting on that, suddenly his face was blurred out and comments disappeared, when normally his little face is just one big photo op

A lot of people are saying that Eric looks like Lauren's husband, I don't think I've ever seen a photo of him to judge, but it wouldn't surprise me.
  • twellstwells Posts: 1,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of people are saying that Eric looks like Lauren's husband, I don't think I've ever seen a photo of him to judge, but it wouldn't surprise me.

The DM had pix of him on a previous vacation with Simon when this broke.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DE53 wrote: »

This is so true. Everything to promote Simon this year has been about the baby. Even the BGT trailer was about him being a dad. Its like the child is an accessory to boost his profile.
  • DE53DE53 Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is so true. Everything to promote Simon this year has been about the baby. Even the BGT trailer was about him being a dad. Its like the child is an accessory to boost his profile.

This is what I have an issue with >:( . I don't care about his sexuality. If he has a long term male partner and they want a child together that's fair enough but if that was the case I don't think we would be getting all this media bullshine. I also find it rather telling there have been no pictures or comments from his family, especially his mum after all it's her grandson isn't it? The Daily Fail was always on about his mother wanting to see him married and settled with a family before she passed on and now it's happened not a whisper or a photo of them together :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PJ1893 wrote: »
    I always thought it was strange that when their affair first broke instead of being private they immediately started the OTT photo ops on the beach - it wasn't even like they tried to pretend they weren't posing for the press. They were actively making a point of standing and kissing for the paps --- talk about rubbing the ex-husband's face in it... not that the press ever said that.

This from a press who are uber-quick to drop heavy hints about everyone else stepping out on their partners, daring to smile after the death of a loved one or moving on, before the Daily Mail thinks it's appropriate.

The hypocrisy is staggering. I'm still not over the fact that the globe's arguably most vicious press vehicle milked Simon's marriage-wrecking, out of wedlock affair and baby (I should really put all this in possible inverted commas) as some kind of Greek triumph and were, the same ensuing weeks and months, throwing other mortals under the bus with snide comments, for much less.

Seriously, to all those that think people are howwible to Simon for no weason, do you not ever scratch your heads and ponder some of the very strange, finer double standards of this whole thing? Ever?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was announced today that Simon is branching out into animation and movies.

kids movies maybe? I'm not sure of the details; I just saw an article with the headline, 'Simon Cowell - the new Walt Disney?'

I suppose the poor kid will be used for publicity for this project too... 'Eric loves this film we've made blah blah blah....' :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Last weeks BGT was the most self indulgent thing I've seen on television in a long time. They actually showed a clip of Simon leaving the hospital in New York with the baby at the end of the show, followed by predictable brown nosing and gushing comments from the other three judges about how they are all parents now. It was nauseating and had absolutey nothing to do with the programme whatsoever.
  • *Clem**Clem* Posts: 4,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Here is her husband Andrew
    http://dailyentertainmentnews.com/wpgo/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/andrew-silverman.jpg

and here is Eric

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/05/06/article-0-1D9B5F7800000578-547_634x881.jpg

I'm saying nothing..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That baby looks to me like Andrew and/or Lauren. There's no noticeable Simon facial traits that I can spot apart from brown eyes. However, to be unbiased and fair, he could simply have picked up Lauren's strong, dark-eyed looks. But yes he does at least facially at present resemble Mr Silverman far more than I would say Simon. That may change with time and age. Who knows.

But again, these things can be wholly deceptive. I keep an open mind. When he starts wearing Cuban heels its a done deal. ;)
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Clem* wrote: »

WOAH!! That's uncanny!!
    I mean REALLY looks like.... errr... "daddy" ...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's given an interview to the Daily Mirror. Apparently she's the happiest she's ever been and the 'happy couple' are planning on having another baby - Simon really wants a girl.

aww :p