Calum the Gentleman

Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone else think that this was the persona that he wanted to portray.

I didn't see anything inherently bad about him whilst in the house but nor did I view him as the quintessential gentleman he was so desperate for the public to accept.

Rylan telling him he was an utter gentleman, likewise Jim Davidson:confused:

Now unless he has had a personality transplant or grown up, gentlemanly is not a term I would have associated with Calum Best..the ultimate player.

Comments

• Cat-Cat- Posts: 7,612
    Forum Member
    Yes he did his utmost to sell us that personna. I went right off him when he and Cami Li were making a fool of Alicia behind her back. It was like he forgot the camera was on him and it was quite sly the way he did it. Up until that point I liked him.
  • kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I didn't see anything inherently bad about him whilst in the house but nor did I view him as the quintessential gentleman he was so desperate for the public to accept.

Now unless he has had a personality transplant or grown up, gentlemanly is not a term I would have associated with player Calum Best..the ultimate player.
    Jim Davidson is an oik and a sinister creep with sinister views, not a gentlemen at all. God knows where Rylan got that from. Just because he wears a suit? If you put a pig in a suit etc (apologies to pigs)...

Calum not as bad but has a way to go to be considered a gentleman.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He wasn't much of a gentleman when he laughingly nicknamed Alicia "Volosaraptor" with Cammy Lee.

Good looking males are forgiven so easily on BB...
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kimindex wrote: »
    Jim Davidson is an oik and a sinister creep with sinister views, not a gentlemen at all. God knows where Rylan got that from. Just because he wears a suit? If you put a pig in a suit etc (apologies to pigs)...

Calum not as bad but has a way to go to be considered a gentleman.

Couldn't agree more.;-)
  • DevonDevon Posts: 4,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well we all know he has tried or is trying to transform himself.
    He's obviously had problems in the past and is trying to clean up his act but for me personally, I just didn't get the Calum love :confused:
    I don't find him in the least bit attractive nor in the least bit entertaining.
    I obviously just couldn't see what his supporters who got him to third place, could see.
  • Angie_PlastyAngie_Plasty Posts: 6,333
    Forum Member
    Lounge lizard to perfect gentleman was always ambitious for Calum, even in a fetching gentleman's waistcoat.

The surfer 'dude' affectation and the Hitler Youth haircut didn't help either.

I don't think he liked anyone in there and just tried to get through it without blowing his cover.

Unfortunately for him Perez Hilton was in there, the ultimate cover blower.

"F*ck you, dude, I'm the most chilled out, nice, f*cking calm guy you'll ever meet, you piece of sh!t c*nt, I'll f*cking ruin you!"
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Basically he was just dull. I think I'd have preferred him to be ungentlemanly at least that would have been interesting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lounge lizard to perfect gentleman was always ambitious for Calum, even in a fetching gentleman's waistcoat.

I don't think he liked anyone in there and just tried to get through it without blowing his cover.

"F*ck you, dude, I'm the most chilled out, nice, f*cking calm guy you'll ever meet, you piece of sh!t c*nt, I'll f*cking ruin you!"

:D:D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:D:D:D Great description!
  • Bionic01Bionic01 Posts: 1,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

"F*ck you, dude, I'm the most chilled out, nice, f*cking calm guy you'll ever meet, you piece of sh!t c*nt, I'll f*cking ruin you
    !"
    :D Said with no irony
  • kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Couldn't agree more.;-)
    I fully expect him to stand for UKIP. Hopkins, too.
  • Angie_PlastyAngie_Plasty Posts: 6,333
    Forum Member
    :D:D:D:D

I forgot my favourite bit.

Kav leading him away from Perez saying, "Remember what ya mam said!"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 324
    Forum Member

haha very contrary ~ psychologists would enjoy that sentence.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I forgot my favourite bit.

Kav leading him away from Perez saying, "Remember what ya mam said!"

:Dtee hee hee, hilarious Angie.;-) I can just see it.
  • Marie4evaMarie4eva Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Now unless he has had a personality transplant or grown up, gentlemanly is not a term I would have associated with Calum Best..the ultimate player.

havent forgotten the night kav told him couldnt concentrate talking to him because he had a crow in his nose so he pulls it out and examines it with his fingers nor the fact that he picked his nose and asked everyone would they like marinated chicken :o

or when he was mimicking Alicia to make Cami laugh and he was bitching about her...or when he started bitching about Pricey talking about her men when Hopkins stirred the pot about Pricey nominating him....he's easily manipulated by Hopkins and that was a turn off...

never ever thought Calum was a gentleman...just someone who wanted to be seen as the good guy whose grown up and become a 'man'
  • RomusRomus Posts: 4,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cat- wrote: »
    Yes he did his utmost to sell us that personna. I went right off him when he and Cami Li were making a fool of Alicia behind her back. It was like he forgot the camera was on him and it was quite sly the way he did it. Up until that point I liked him.

Calum Best is a self centred nobody. He rides along on the reputation and talent of his late father.

The moment when I saw him and the awful Cami Li mocking Alicia was when I went off this pair completely. :o
  • Cat-Cat- Posts: 7,612
    Forum Member
    Romus wrote: »
    Calum Best is a self centred nobody. He rides along on the reputation and talent of his late father.

The moment when I saw him and the awful Cami Li mocking Alicia was when I went off this pair completely. :o

Yes it was like watching the 'cool kids' at school picking on someone they don't see in their league. Very school yard behaviour.
  • labasheedylabasheedy Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

all this ^

and the barely concealed anger all the time

I didn't like him at all, especially his most vulgar outbursts.
  • tfftff Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    Marie4eva wrote: »

never ever thought Calum was a gentleman...just someone who wanted to be seen as the good guy whose grown up and become a 'man'

That's what I thought - he went in with an idea of who he wanted to be but couldn't quite sustain it. Now that he's out of the house, he can pretend again. Not much reality to it but he has to make a living in some way - pretending to be a gentleman is as good as anything:D
  • Fairy WingsFairy Wings Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    I like Calum :D
  • Vicky8675309Vicky8675309 Posts: 3,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D:D
    That is the best summary of Calum.
  • planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member

*applause*
    can't say how much i love everything in this post
    Lounge lizard *tick*
    hitler youth haircut *tick*
    "F*ck you, dude, I'm the most chilled out, nice, f*cking calm guy you'll ever meet, you piece of sh!t c*nt, I'll f*cking ruin you!" *tick*:D:D:D:D:D

who was it who said he spent 8 hours a day lying on his bed trying not to lose his temper?:D
  • p381p381 Posts: 5,936
    Forum Member
    Cat- wrote: »

Same here.
    Can't ever forgive him for that.
  • sangrealsangreal Posts: 20,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great post, Angie_Plasty :cool: :D
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He's bankrupt, desperate, spineless, talentless, vain, has anger control issues and was easily bribed by Michelle to help him with his "future" to join the isolating Perez gang or her "family" after he dared to nominate the self appointed LBGT spokeswoman on Day 9. .No I don't think for a second that he's in any sense a "gentleman"
    http://bigbrother.channel5.com/day-9-michelle-brands-perez-fake