Options

Police concerned for missing Mansfield girl

housegirlhousegirl Posts: 6,017
Forum Member
I hope she is found safe and well

Amber Peat has been missing from home since Saturday afternoon
Police say they are concerned for the safety of a 13-year-old girl missing from her Nottinghamshire home.
Amber Peat was last seen at her home in Bosworth Street in Mansfield at about 17:30 BST on Saturday.
Her father Danny Peat said hundreds of people had helped search for his daughter since she left home without any money or a mobile phone.
Officers believe the teenager, who is about 4ft (1.21m) tall, is still in the Mansfield area.
'We are petrified'
Despite media appeals and a huge social media campaign, there has been no sign of her.
Mr Peat said her disappearance was completely out of character.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-32966423

Comments

• Options
    Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What happend to the girl who ran off with the 50 year old/?
  • Options
    MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 21,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That the police are taking it so seriously doesn't seem a good sign. I really hope she is found safe. I dread seeing these news stories.:(
  • Options
    getzlsgetzls Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I Deen that, been all over Facebook
  • Options
    SoomacdooSoomacdoo Posts: 6,645
    Forum Member
    I saw this on the news yesterday and today and it all looks very odd.
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hank1234 wrote: »
    What happend to the girl who ran off with the 50 year old/?

She walked into a police station, with him then following i think.
    That the police are taking it so seriously doesn't seem a good sign. I really hope she is found safe. I dread seeing these news stories.:(

Yeah same :(
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems strange she didn't take her mobile, what teenager goes any where without theirs.?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Comments (0)
    The search for missing 13-year-old Amber Peat has intensified - as police comb through nearby grassland and look at house in the same street as the family home.

Officers spent around an hour looking at the house in Bosworth Street after combing an area of grassland around half a mile from their home.

It is believed a man in his 70s lives in the house, but has been in hospital in recent months, and police thought Amber may have been hiding out at the address.

Around 10 officers could be seen looking through the grassland with sticks, while a number of officers were seen going in and out of a house in Bosworth Street, Mansfield.

Missing Amber Peat: Parents make heartfelt appeal after teenager stormed out of home over argument

The Ladybrook area of the town, where Amber went missing at around 5.30pm on Saturday, has been swarming with police as the search for the missing teenager moves up a gear.

ADVERTISEMENT

Earlier on Tuesday, her parents made a tearful appeal for her to come home - as they revealed she left the house following an argument over doing chores.

At a packed press conference at The Towers Conference Centre, police said they had launched a "full-scale" search for Amber and were "seriously concerned" for her welfare.

Meanwhile, mother Kelly and step-father Danny issued a tearful appeal to Amber or anyone who has any information as to her whereabouts.

Mr Peat said: "Please just come home. The support has been amazing. I have been out every night since Saturday looking for her."

Shortly before her disappearance, Amber had been asked to clean out a cooler box.

The family, which includes Amber's two younger sisters, had returned home from a short break in Cornwall the day before.

Mum Kelly said: "I was in the living room and heard the front door slam and she was gone."

Police are now widening their search and are collecting CCTV footage in the area. They are also searching woodland off Brick Kiln Lane, around half a mile away from the family home.

Superintendent Matt McFarlane said: "We have had no confirmed sightings of Amber since she disappeared on Saturday.

"We are treating this as a missing person inquiry, but we are taking all information and open to all possibilities."

Read more: http://www.nottinghampost.com/Missing-Amber-Peat-Search-widens-police-look/story-26619696-detail/story.html#ixzz3buvMH0Em
    Follow us: @Nottingham_Post on Twitter | NottinghamPostOnline on Facebook
  • Options
    Forum Member
    housegirl wrote: »

Mum Kelly said: "I was in the living room and heard the front door slam and she was gone."

Read more: http://www.nottinghampost.com/Missing-Amber-Peat-Search-widens-police-look/story-26619696-detail/story.html#ixzz3buvMH0Em
    Follow us: @Nottingham_Post on Twitter | NottinghamPostOnline on Facebook

According to the BBC she said she was upstairs when she heard the door slam.

As mentioned earlier, it is very strange that a 13 year old would go out without her phone, most of them are permanently attached to their mobiles.
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    This has a horribly familiar ring to it.

Adolescent girl
    Step family
    Left without phone
    Nobody actually saw her leave
  • Options
    wear thefoxhatwear thefoxhat Posts: 3,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I thought that too, the police seem to know something I fear.
  • Options
    viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Electra wrote: »

Adolescent girl
    Step family
    Left without phone

Are you talking about Becky? She did bring her phone with her did she not?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Soomacdoo wrote: »
    According to the BBC she said she was upstairs when she heard the door slam.

As mentioned earlier, it is very strange that a 13 year old would go out without her phone, most of them are permanently attached to their mobiles.

Perhaps the the media got it wrong, do they do that yes. let's not jump to conclusions. Me I'm hopping she will be found safe and sound.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    vierte wrote: »
    Are you talking about Becky? She did bring her phone with her did she not?

I was thinking about her & Tia Sharp. Okay, I might be wrong about the phone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Perhaps the the media got it wrong, do they do that yes. let's not jump to conclusions. Me I'm hopping she will be found safe and sound.

Yes you are right, the media do get things wrong, and I too, am hoping that she turns up safe and sound. However, there is something odd about this.
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    Seems strange she didn't take her mobile, what teenager goes any where without theirs.?

Ones that are upset and rush out of the house without stopping to take anything
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Adolescent girl
    Step family
    Left without phone

Big allegation to throw around.:(

The mother says 'we were in the living room and heard the front door slam' implying that both parents were in the living room.
  • Options
    YviecYviec Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    I didn't know the girl from Sidcup had been found - that's good news.
    I saw the press conference about Amber earlier today - her poor parents seem devastated - I really hope she's found safe very soon.
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    I hope she's just hiding out at a mate's house, and is too scared to go home now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Big allegation to throw around.:(

The mother says 'we were in the living room and heard the front door slam' implying that both parents were in the living room.

I wasn't making an allegation. It's just that there seems to be similar features to other cases. It wasn't Becky Watts' step mother who killed her.
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,530
    Forum Member

No, it doesn't. All possibilties are currently open and that is all we can say... the kind of implications that you expressed are best left unspoken at this stage, IMO, because they may be completely up the pole.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    d'@ve wrote: »
    No, it doesn't. All possibilties are currently open and that is all we can say... the kind of implications that you expressed are best left unspoken at this stage, IMO, because they may be completely up the pole.

Yes, you're probably right & I do hope I'm totally wrong. It's just that I got that sinking feeling when I read the story.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I hope she's just hiding out at a mate's house, and is too scared to go home now.

This is how I feel some sicko on Facebook says he has killed her, it has been reported what the hell makes people like this tick. >:(>:(>:(
  • Options
    CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is how I feel some sicko on Facebook says he has killed her, it has been reported what the hell makes people like this tick. >:(>:(>:(
    Why do people do that? It's sick. He will be in trouble for saying it.
  • Options
    sofieellissofieellis Posts: 10,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm confused about the holiday thing. Her ste-dad said they had all been away on holiday together, but her mother's facebook allegedly page has posts which say the children hadn't gone with them on holiday and were being looked after by someone else. :confused:
  • Options
    ustarionustarion Posts: 20,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both of them were crying but no tears were present. It does have a familiar feel to it.