Options

Is Proffesor Riversong Really Bernice Sumerfield?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
Forum Member
Is Proffesor Riversong Really Bernice Summerfield?

Mm Time Travelling Archeologist?

Could it be that she has met this Doctor later on but used to travel with his seventh incarnation in a parellel universe?

:):):):):)

Comments

• Options
    stcoopstcoop Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No.

(That was easy.)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    :-) (your right)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The current TV series has had no issues adapting and downright yoinking ideas from the novels and audioplays. I'm pretty sure she's at least partly "inspired by" Bernice. Shame they didn't keep the name (although I suspect the wouldn't have the copyright to do so) - that would have given the hardcore fans a little geekgasm. ;)
  • Options
    stcoopstcoop Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Histeria wrote: »
    Shame they didn't keep the name - that would have given the hardcore fans a little geekgasm.

And pissed off lots of people because it would have written the *real* Benny out of Whostory.
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Histeria wrote: »
    The current TV series has had no issues adapting and downright yoinking ideas from the novels and audioplays. I'm pretty sure she's at least partly "inspired by" Bernice. Shame they didn't keep the name (although I suspect the wouldn't have the copyright to do so) - that would have given the hardcore fans a little geekgasm. ;)

I think they could have got the name easily enough, but I'd imagine they'd have had to pay Paul Cornell for it, which would be an unnecessary expense.