124»

Comments

• Options
    penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SaraV1308 wrote: »
    Loving the Gav's personality thread....
    Ive half a mind to give it a bump so it can be back on page 1.... Its far more interesting than most of whats there...

Me, too. I seem to have missed the whole point of Gav.
  • Options
    Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think a lot of people thought they knew what Gavin would be like because of previous press & didn't bother paying much attention to him on VTs & ITT. I myself was shocked at how out and out funny I found his remarks it still amazes me that people thought he was deadly serious. Terrible dancers sadly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perfect choice :P
  • Options
    SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    Me, too. I seem to have missed the whole point of Gav.

I think a lot of people did...

Ive decided I may give the Gav's personality thread a bump (when I get to the end of it)... and definitely save it in my subscriptions list... its worthy of a read any time you need a cheer up!
  • Options
    ClartemClartem Posts: 2,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monkseal wrote: »
    In these days of people jabbering out a constant non-stop inane stream of whatever pseudo-witty shit's in their head I'd love Gavin as a strong but silent judge. What could be better after a burbling gesticulating torrent of Bruno than a simple shrug and a "s'alright".

Someone should do a cowboy themed routine and make him bust out a "0" paddle.

:D:D he might add nice bazooka's to his shrug and s'alright and disappoint you.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,044
    Forum Member
    Clartem wrote: »
    :D:D he might add nice bazooka's to his shrug and s'alright and disappoint you.

Actually he probably wouldn't he seems very respectful towards women
  • Options
    MinstrelgirlMinstrelgirl Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mindyann wrote: »
    Is it this one? Gav's personality:D

AWWWW... Good times and good memories :D:D

Especially enjoyed this from that thread - thank-you Stardust :D:D - a nice little summary.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 410
    Forum Member
    Thank you for this thread - I'd forgotten the sheer brilliance that were the Gavinisms of 2010 :D. I couldn't believe it last year when many people mistook dry wit for arrogance; anyone else would surely have been lauded for such genius epigrams ;). Shame he had to ruin it for me by going on the Bachelor though.
  • Options
    Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh that video was lovely......see all put together like that he wasnt such a bad dancer !!!!! I really really hope that Katya had the fun time that she looked like she was having.. I know we are supposed to disaprove of the babies coming to the training room but Gavs VT with his toddlers had to be the most adorable ever.
  • Options
    Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
    Forum Member
    If there's a petition for Gavbot as judge I will sign it. Before the series started he was quoted as being nervous about getting....... ahem...... " excited" on live TV.

He and Katya were the highlight of that series and I loved him.

For anyone who believes that he is thick I remember when he was on 71 degrees North. Contestants had to do an assault course against the clock and under pressure.. during part of it they had to do a maths equation before they could continue the course. Gavbot was the only one who got it correct and at lightning speed.

Having said that, I do question his sanity if he is truly engaged to Cawwie Ann.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,044
    Forum Member
    oh that video was lovely......see all put together like that he wasnt such a bad dancer !!!!! I really really hope that Katya had the fun time that she looked like she was having.. I know we are supposed to disaprove of the babies coming to the training room but Gavs VT with his toddlers had to be the most adorable ever.

no he really wasn't was he this year he probably would have had a slew of 10's !!:D

Bless he tried really hard and at times did dance really well but at other times he was just a bit pants!
  • Options
    StockingfillerStockingfiller Posts: 3,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He might have been unused to the lack of freezing rain, mud and 300 tons of other rugby player trying to cripple him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,304
    Forum Member
    IzzieStar wrote: »
    Katya: I'm thinking sexy thoughts.
    Gavin: Good for you.
    ^
    Favourite moment of series eight. :D I'd like to join this bandwagon.
    Mmm... I thought this was when he said "Get over yourself" instead.
  • Options
    StockingfillerStockingfiller Posts: 3,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. He bent her backwards and stared into her eyes. Katya said, " You were flirting with me !" or, " That's the first time yove flirted with me". Gavin - " Ok Ok ..Get over yourself !". :D