How many famous people have you met?

enudzioenudzio Posts: 2,932
Forum Member
✭✭✭
simple question , how many famous people have you met in your life , could be anyone from sports music , TV , Film stars , anyone people might have heard off

my mate has met two of Hollyoaks , i remember being at the Reebok Stadium seeing George Sampson once i think it was him , the same mate says he has met Take That before? i have also met Suzzane of Hollyoaks in a cinema where she asked me if this was the right line for Harry Potter.

so anyone got any better?

Comments

• attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only Sheridan Smith. But she was truly lovely :) She spent ages talking to fans.
  • Goldbear86Goldbear86 Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've met a couple of pop stars -boy bands. I've worked with Jimmy Carr a few times, he is lovely and I met Paul o' Grady last year when he was filming at my work. I was very nervous meeting Paul but he was great, very funny and puts you right at ease.

Back when I was a student I had the misfortune of serving the actor who plays Dev in Corrie when he came to where I worked at the time. It was 7 am on a Sunday and he was off his face. Not so nice.
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Many.
    Only Sheridan Smith. But she was truly lovely :) She spent ages talking to fans.

I second that. I was on a job with her last year and she was really nice with the fans who turned up to see her.
  • hopeless casehopeless case Posts: 5,245
    Forum Member
    I met Nelson Mandela at a dinner and chatted to him for about 3 minutes. I'll never forget it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Prince Harry...majority of my family have met a royal or two but never actually met a 'celebrity'
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    Marco Pierre White - he was a special guest on a cruise(he has restaurants on the ship) and chatted to us about a whale he had seen earlier that day. Met him again the following day after a fascinating 'This Is Your Life' type thing. Got a book signed and a pic.

Journey - Jonathan Cain(keyboard player) said(on Twitter after my wife had said hello and we would love to met them) we could meet them backstage. It was surreal.....we walked into the room and they were all standing in a line like a crime line-up :D Said hello, shook all their hands and got a pic.

Gillian McKeith - not so much 'met', but were a few feet away in a hotel lobby in Edinburgh. I wanted to go and say hello but my wife(wisely) told me not to bother her as it looked like she was working.

Dermot O'Leary - again, not 'met' but in very close proximity to him at an X Factor audition. He's pretty small in real-life and is a really nice guy.

Clayton Blackmore - he was semi-famous at the time, a Man Utd defender. It was at a charity golf tournament in 1992. Got his autograph.
  • CitizenofPhobosCitizenofPhobos Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Johnny Depp, Robert De Niro & Dave Benson Phillips.
  • gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    I met David Cassidy when I worked at Newmarket Races...............swoon
  • enudzioenudzio Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mred2000 wrote: »
    Many.

I second that. I was on a job with her last year and she was really nice with the fans who turned up to see her.

i have never met her but she seems really nice in interviews and stuff.
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met Julian clary in a night club in Brighton about 10 years ago, told him my life story... I was wasted at the time and was dared to speak to him by my friends. He probably thought his luck was in when a fit little twink walked towards him.... And then I started talking.... He put up with my drunken rumblings for about 20 minutes before he made his excuses and fled... Totally embarising to think back on.

My friends still remind me of at times.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I've also met Sheridan and she was as you say .. Truly lovely ..I have a beautiful pic of her with my daughter..
    I've also met Mickey Rourke .. Quite a few sports stars .. A few minor celebs
  • strictmachinestrictmachine Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will start this by saying I had a couple of jobs in areas of London where a lot of celebs live or work. And there are some stinkers of horrible people here.

Ben Elton, Sacha Baron Cohen and Daisy Donovan (together), Courtney Love, S Club 7, David Baddiel, Jo Wiley, Coldplay, Sophie Ellis Bextor, Cat Deely, Sade, Sue Perkins, Dermot O'Leary, Sadie Frost, Bobby Gillespie, Louis Walsh, Nicky Clarke, Brian Dowling (and a few other BB people, Charley is nicer than expected), Lauren Laverne, Aidan Gillen, Alison Goldfrapp, Grant from Feeder, Jimmy Somerville, the Beckhams (though my ex used to have more to do with them) and Gael Garcia Bernal. Am sure as soon as I press post I will remember more.
  • tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sir Richard Branson
    Kraftwerk (Huetter/Schneider/Flur/Bartos)
    Tangerine Dream (Froese/Franke/Schmoelling)
    Harold "Dickie" Bird (Cricket Umpire)
    R.C. "Jack" Russell (Cricketer & Artist)
    Hamish McAlpine (Goalkeeper)
    Bob Casale (Devo)
  • Mr DangerousMr Dangerous Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've met quite a few famous people over the years, I've also delivered to a few famous people's homes as well.. Not mentioning any names....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    glen michael
    and
    loadsa football players , too many to list....mainly rangers players
  • Visitor QVisitor Q Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A mixed bunch:

Bill Bailey
    Ian Botham
    Laura Michelle Kelly (from the Mary Poppins stage show)
    Gavin Campbell (from That's Life)
    Mick Box (Uriah Heep guitarist)

I think that's my lot.
  • enudzioenudzio Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i went to the Corrie set back in 2000 but cant remember if i met any of the stars.
  • StaceySkyStaceySky Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't say met, but I have seen Tom Cruise, his daughter and girlfriend a few years back at Disney World on valentines day.
    Me and my brother where the first to spot them, at the time I didn't know what he looked like (I know insane right) until people came over shouting his name. At the time I had my shitty camera phone, he and his family where too far back for me to get a shot of them, gutted. He looked so hot though with his shades on.

I seen Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen at the Eden Project filming, years ago. He was a right old grumpy, moody, stuck up git, he really was. He was shouting "Make sure I don't look a mess." something like that. I got nothing against the guy, but seeing him that day, well he was miserable. At the time I didn't have a camera with me, so no shot.

Yeah, so I only seen two famous guys. I would love to see Johnny Depp or Michael Emerson, they are my two favourite actors.:p
  • puffenstuffpuffenstuff Posts: 1,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I worked at a pub in Chelsea in the late 70s that had celebrity clientele : most of Led Zepplin, Oliver Tobias, Ginger Baker, Billy Idol, John Finch, Christine Keeler, Gary Glitter, Phil Lynott, Francesca Annis, Carol Kane, Dave Tomblin (film director) a very diverse bunch of people.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 332
    Forum Member
    Joann Collins in dublin
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Backstreet Boys (all 5, met Kevin briefly in 2003, the rest at different times after then).
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    I bumped into (literally!) Jarvis Cocker and his wife in Waitrose. Jarvis scowled at me and was very smelly, and his wife looked like she wanted to reach across into my trolley and impale me on a corkscrew. She was wearing real fur too :mad:

Less excitingly, I stayed in the same hotel as Guy Verhofstadt when he was still Prime Minister of Belgium. It was in Portugal and he was very low-key (he even used the same breakfast buffet service as everyone else)
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    The only "famous" people I've met are former world darts champion Keith Deller and former MP for Sleaford and N.Hykeham Douglas Hogg.
  • Pippa2012Pippa2012 Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Meet Kylie Minogue in London in around 2002, i was so nervous approaching her but she was lovely, signed autographs and even got a picture
  • rioniarionia Posts: 1,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've spoken to many actors mainly at signings, some at stage doors

Lots of actors from Doctor Who/Torchwood. Too many to list , but including all surviving Doctors (excluding Eccleston), several companions (including John Barrowman, Nicholas Courtney RIP, Elisabeth Sladen RIP), James Marsters, Richard Briers RIP, David Warner, Eric Roberts, etc. Plus Russell T Davies

Most of the main cast of Blakes 7, plus many others from the series including Gynis Barber, Brian Blessed

Graham Norton

A very grumpy David Soul (twice)

Antonio Fargas, Paul Micheal Glaser

A grumpy Jethro (Comedian), who was introduced to us by an actor friend cos he happened to be in the same bar. It was obvious that he would rather have been left alone though.

Herr Flick from ello ello

Sulu from Star Trek

Ron Moody

And many more