Options

Myleene Klass - professionally pregnant?

2»

Comments

• Options
    StudmuffinStudmuffin Posts: 4,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she had hyperemesis* I for one would like to hear more about it. Mainly to get it out in the open and give the subject some airing. Women with the condition in the UK are largly ignored by the medical profession and I can't stress enough how truly awful it is to have (like a cross between sea-sickness and the 'flu 24/7 for months and months on end). Of course if it was plain old boring morning sickness then I have no sympathy and don't want to hear about it ;)

*Google Blooming Awful for more information.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    Studmuffin wrote: »
    If she had hyperemesis* I for one would like to hear more about it. Mainly to get it out in the open and give the subject some airing. Women with the condition in the UK are largly ignored by the medical profession and I can't stress enough how truly awful it is to have (like a cross between sea-sickness and the 'flu 24/7 for months and months on end). Of course if it was plain old boring morning sickness then I have no sympathy and don't want to hear about it ;)

*Google Blooming Awful for more information.

It is a truly horrible condition. My Mother suffered with it. Hence the rather large age gap between my sister and I. They advised her not to have any more children but she did not want me to be an only child as she was.
  • Options
    ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    Why do most people like her so much? she gets on my nerves, the woman is everywhere and she's sooo Bland.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find her extremely irritating. Oh sorry, I must be soooo jealous to say such a thing :rolleyes:
  • Options
    TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    lol@ does she know who the father is!! :eek:

Of course she does. She's been with her fiance Graham for a number of years!
    who just happens to be the former "minder" of the defunct pop group
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest, I feel sorry for her! She's an intelligent, talented woman, but reduces herself to an incubator to grab publicity!

She is more than just that, and shouldn't reduce herself to just talking about her baby - she has more to offer than that!

...and yes, the constant baby talk does bore me to tears!:D

You have to remember that interviewers are obviously going to ask her about her pregnancy - what is she supposed to say "I'd prefer not to talk about it"?
  • Options
    shuddupfluffyshuddupfluffy Posts: 3,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have to remember that interviewers are obviously going to ask her about her pregnancy - what is she supposed to say "I'd prefer not to talk about it"?

No, obviously not, but for an intelligent woman, to suggest that her unborn child has an opinion on the names she suggests for it - kicking if it doesn't like them - is ridiculous!

As for the poster who said that pregnant women find it difficult to talk about anything else, I disagree! You are not a shell once you are pregnant. Surely there is more in life than that to talk about!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 290
    Forum Member
    No, obviously not, but for an intelligent woman, to suggest that her unborn child has an opinion on the names she suggests for it - kicking if it doesn't like them - is ridiculous!

As for the poster who said that pregnant women find it difficult to talk about anything else, I disagree! You are not a shell once you are pregnant. Surely there is more in life than that to talk about!

Of course there are other things to talk about, but no matter how hard you try it always seems to come back around to being pregnant, especially if it's your first (as this one is with me!). I really try hard not to go on about being pregnant or babies in general, but I hardly ever seem to succeed. Thankfully my friends are excited for me and several of them have children too and completely understand what it's like. People do ask about it a lot too, including complete strangers. It's an easy topic of conversation/ smalltalk and makes a change from talking about the weather. :)

As for her comments about the baby having opinions- this fluffy speak is also ridiculously common in pregnancy. Rationally you know they're not really understanding anything you're saying, but I (and my husband!) find ourselves saying similar things if we happen to get a kick at a particular time. We talk to the bump and if we get a kick when we ask a question we claim he or she is understanding us. Obviously there is no way they have any clue what we're going on about and probably can't really hear that well anyway but we still come out with the fluffy rubbish and believe it or not we are also people of reasonable intelligence! It's all down to the excitement of becoming first time parents.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course there are other things to talk about, but no matter how hard you try it always seems to come back around to being pregnant, especially if it's your first (as this one is with me!). I really try hard not to go on about being pregnant or babies in general, but I hardly ever seem to succeed. Thankfully my friends are excited for me and several of them have children too and completely understand what it's like. People do ask about it a lot too, including complete strangers. It's an easy topic of conversation/ smalltalk and makes a change from talking about the weather. :)

As for her comments about the baby having opinions- this fluffy speak is also ridiculously common in pregnancy. Rationally you know they're not really understanding anything you're saying, but I (and my husband!) find ourselves saying similar things if we happen to get a kick at a particular time. We talk to the bump and if we get a kick when we ask a question we claim he or she is understanding us. Obviously there is no way they have any clue what we're going on about and probably can't really hear that well anyway but we still come out with the fluffy rubbish and believe it or not we are also people of reasonable intelligence! It's all down to the excitement of becoming first time parents.

We must differ then, because neither I, nor any of my friends have resorted to just talking about babies, or have we felt the need to make ridiculous comments that sound, frankly, quite pathetic!
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not particularly a fan, but it's no surprise that most of her interviews are focused on her pregnancy.

It's her first child and I suppose you don't know what to expect unless you've been pregnant before.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    We must differ then, because neither I, nor any of my friends have resorted to just talking about babies, or have we felt the need to make ridiculous comments that sound, frankly, quite pathetic!

So neither you or any of your friends talked about your pregnancies or about babies when you were pregnant? You didn't get a kick at a certain time and made a flippant comment like "baby obviously agrees with me there" or claim that you were having that bar of chocolate because "baby wanted it" or after dinner when baby got active claiming that baby enjoyed the meal?

Weren't you excited about it at all? The first kicks, wondering what your baby was going to be like? Trying to decide which pushchair, cot, car seat to buy? I really find that much stranger than talking about it to be honest, but I guess everyone is different!

I'm not saying I don't find other things to talk about by the way, I was working up until a couple of weeks ago and was perfectly capable of discussing all the necessary elements of that and I do manage to to have conversations about other things, but the overriding thing on my mind is the fact that in the very near future I'm going be a mum and I honestly find that much more interesting than most other topics right now. A self absorbed attitude I admit, but it's going to be such a huge change to my immediate world, it's not surprising that it's at the front of my mind!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    As for her comments about the baby having opinions- this fluffy speak is also ridiculously common in pregnancy. Rationally you know they're not really understanding anything you're saying, but I (and my husband!) find ourselves saying similar things if we happen to get a kick at a particular time. We talk to the bump and if we get a kick when we ask a question we claim he or she is understanding us. Obviously there is no way they have any clue what we're going on about and probably can't really hear that well anyway but we still come out with the fluffy rubbish and believe it or not we are also people of reasonable intelligence! It's all down to the excitement of becoming first time parents.[/QUOTE]

Good on ya!! I would do the same its just a laugh. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy. Some people on here just like to moan i think
  • Options
    Forum Member

Good on ya!! I would do the same its just a laugh. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy. Some people on here just like to moan i think

Thanks, I was starting to think I was a bit of a freak with a load of weird friends! (well, that might be true but I don't think this is part of that :D )
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    well they are obviously gonna ask about her pregancy beacuse she hasnt done anything else worth talking about since 'im a celeb....'
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well they are obviously gonna ask about her pregancy beacuse she hasnt done anything else worth talking about since 'im a celeb....'

How dare you!! :D She sticks on a long frock 5 times a week to go to the opening of a fridge door.
  • Options
    andallthatjazzandallthatjazz Posts: 6,413
    Forum Member

QUOTE]

She also said her baby was so pleased to meet George Clooney that it did a sommersault when Myleene shook hands with him at the Cannes FF!!:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

QUOTE]

She also said her baby was so pleased to meet George Clooney that it did a sommersault when Myleene shook hands with him at the Cannes FF!!:rolleyes:

...and I'm sure she was asked what the baby's opinion was of him in an interview to spark such a comment! FFS, some women turn pathetic in pregnancy - they want to be taken seriously and then resort to stupid comments like that! :rolleyes:

And as for the questions asked above, no I have never used a pregnancy as an excuse for anything - I am more than capable of taking responsibility for eating chocolate myself!

I'm not saying I've never discussed the buying of baby stuff, or how I'm feeling, but I certainly haven't turned in to a moronic bore each time!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is anyone else sick to death of Myleene Klass being so professionally pregnant?

This woman is supposed to have a high IQ, yet all we ever hear about is her surprise at this or that or the other during her pregnancy!

Heaven forbid what she would do if she wasn't pregnant - she'd have no reason to self-publicise!

...though why she thinks anyone would want to know the boring, sometimes quite pathetic details, of her pregnancy, I don't know!

As for her saying that the baby kicks her when she suggests a name that the baby doesn't like - purlease, give me a bucket!

What programmes have you seen her on?
  • Options
    Forum Member

QUOTE]

Now I admit that is a bit silly if she said that!
  • Options
    Forum Member

I'm not saying I've never discussed the buying of baby stuff, or how I'm feeling, but I certainly haven't turned in to a moronic bore each time!

Don't forget that we're not privvy to every single conversation she ever has, just those which are shown on tv and published in a magazine. People are clearly interested in women who are pregnant or they wouldn't get away with having so many speculation stories or stories about how awful/ wonderful 'celebrities' look in pregnancy.

If these programmes/ magazines didn't think people were interested, she wouldn't be on them. I don't think it's necessarily her fault if they ask her about her pregnancy and not other things.

I wouldn't say I'd turned into a moronic bore either. My friends and family (and strangers) naturally ask me about pregnancy and babies because they know it's a big thing in my life at the moment and therefore we end up talking about it a lot. I can't help thinking about it as I've said before. You are the only person I've come across who seems not to have been affected like this during their first pregnancy and didn't spend a whole lot of their time talking about or thinking about what was going on, whether everything was ok and normal and what to expect next. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, I just honestly haven't come across anyone else.

I do think if I have more than one child I probably won't be quite so bad next time around as it won't be so new to me, but it being my first child I can't help but be excited and I'm just really glad my friends and family are equally so as they are more than happy to listen to me go on about it (and do encourage the baby talk too).