T-Mobile going to get iPhone now?

LummoLummo Posts: 7,145
Forum Member
Now it has been confirmed that T-Mobile is completely part of Orange now, does that mean soon T-Mobile will also be offering the iPhone if they are part of Orange? Or will they still not be able to?

Comments

• legends wear 7legends wear 7 Posts: 2,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are not part of orange. They are part of a new company created as a joint venture.
  • psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will they be able to share each others masts and increase coverage? or are they already doing this?
  • LummoLummo Posts: 7,145
    Forum Member
    But even so, they merged with Orange so that must mean somehow T-Mobile will get the iPhone soon, and yea i think i read somewhere before that they will be sharing masts etc soon:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 283
    Forum Member
    I thought I read that the T-Mobile brand in the UK will disappear within a number of years if the merger went ahead. If so, I very much doubt that they would launch the iphone on T-Mobile if all T-Mobiles business will be branded orange anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    mab2000 wrote: »
    I thought I read that the T-Mobile brand in the UK will disappear within a number of years if the merger went ahead. If so, I very much doubt that they would launch the iphone on T-Mobile if all T-Mobiles business will be branded orange anyway.

Thats what I thought was happening.
  • legends wear 7legends wear 7 Posts: 2,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thats what I thought was happening.

Personally i would not be surprised to see both brands disappear, especially as neither brand is a legal entity any more.

Has anyone seen the new company name yet, will have to go looking at companies house.
    Forum Member
    Personally i would not be surprised to see both brands disappear, especially as neither brand is a legal entity any more.

Has anyone seen the new company name yet, will have to go looking at companies house.

Its just going to be Orange, T-Mobile will completely dissapear. There won't be a rename at all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt Orange or T-Mobile would disappear. They are both hugely valuable brands why would Orange just drop a well-known brand for a completely new one. Changing the name would confuse people and besides, you can rebrand a turd but it is still a turd.
  • whackyracerwhackyracer Posts: 15,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    T-mobile already stock the iPhone, I know several people that have one through them.
  • LummoLummo Posts: 7,145
    Forum Member
    I definitely dont think they will get rid of both brands, maybe T-Mobile will go, but i definitely dont think Orange will go, it is just far too well known, like with Orange Wednesdays etc, i dont think Orange will disappear. :)
    Forum Member
    kyussmondo wrote: »
    I doubt Orange or T-Mobile would disappear. They are both hugely valuable brands why would Orange just drop a well-known brand for a completely new one. Changing the name would confuse people and besides, you can rebrand a turd but it is still a turd.

No they are definitely getting rid of T-Mobile.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As the companies have mergered as one ie not bought the other out. I would think a new name will be annouced. At least from what I have read It will have one. I do argree that they should now offer the iphone in t-mobile stores though.
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No they are definitely getting rid of T-Mobile.

And you sit in the Orange/T Mobile boardroom do you? :rolleyes:
  • TheBigMTheBigM Posts: 13,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The latest news I'd heard was to keep Orange for serving business customers and possibly premium consumers and to keep T-Mobile as a 'value' brand.