Who do you want on the 2013 panel?

2»

Comments

• QuiteInterestedQuiteInterested Posts: 1,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From that list, I'd like Simon, Will, Louis and Danni.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My ideal panel would be:

Simon Cowell
    Alicia Keys
    Louis Walsh
    Sharon Osbourne

I would love Alicia as she is a massive artist and i think she would make a great judge and it would be better if there was just one singer who was a judge rather than 3

The show would save money on hire cars if Sharon & Louis used their bus passes to get to the venues
  • Kuda_KunakaKuda_Kunaka Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kelly Ms Rowland!
  • amanda daisyamanda daisy Posts: 416
    Forum Member
    Why has Louis got so many votes? I hope it's because people probably don't really like him but just include him in because it seems inevitable that he will be called back.

Anyway I want it to be NICOLE, Gary, Kelly and Sharon but Olly would be great as a 5th judge!

I chose him just because I like how Gary always picks on him:)) - he's a pretext for Gary's funny lines. I kind of regret my decision now:))
    The only ones I'd have are GARY and Kelly, because they've been the professional ones.
    What I don't get is why people choose Simon or Tulisa. Don't they get that people from other countries are watching as well and don't want to see arrogant faces and talentless persons on that show?
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    I chose him just because I like how Gary always picks on him:)) - he's a pretext for Gary's funny lines. I kind of regret my decision now:))
    The only ones I'd have are GARY and Kelly, because they've been the professional ones.
    What I don't get is why people choose Simon or Tulisa. Don't they get that people from other countries are watching as well and don't want to see arrogant faces and talentless persons on that show?

Simon I can't understand either not for the same reasons albeit....but because he's already stated that he's sticking to the US one. Why he would suddenly go from the US back to the UK one is beyond me.

I suppose this is an ideal judging panel but even then...he has become slightly rusty as of late...I preferred it when he was ruthless, even with his own acts...he's been a let down for me since Series 7 (when he knew 1D INITIALLY and Belle Amie weren't great, yet he still praised them).
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think for the 10th series there should be a complete new panel, to rejuvenate the show, and also give it a new chapter. However I think Louis Walsh will stay. So I am for guessing that the other 3 judges will either leave for other commitments or be axed. Here is who I would have as the new X Factor Panel.

Kelly Jones - Sterophonis
    Grace Jones
    Marina Diamandis - aka Marina and the Diamonds
    Louis Walsh

This is a panel which I believe could all bring something different 2 to the show,

Kelly Jones

Kelly Jones, is a singer songwriter who wrote the majority of the bands songs, he is also highly respected in the music scene as being part of one of the biggest bands to come out of the UK. As a band they have released 7 studio albums, 5 of which have reached number 1. Kelly with his band mates has headlined, Glastonbury, Oxygen and V Festival. He has won a Brit Award, 3 Kerrang Awards, 2 Q Awards, A Selver Clef Award and a Meteor Music Award.

In February 1998, they received a Brit Award for Best New Group, the same week as a re-issue of Local Boy in the Photograph made number 14 in the charts and their first album went gold in the UK, selling over 100,000 copies.

They also recorded their biggest audience to date when they played to 80,000 in Slane Castle in Ireland and ending with a Christmas show at the Millennium Stadium, Cardiff, supported by Feeder and Ocean Colour Scene - who they had supported years before.

The band had their first number 1 hit in the UK singles chart with the album's first release, the upbeat Dakota, in which Kelly spent much of the video driving in dark sunglasses. The second single from the album, Superman peaked at number 13 in the UK charts. After this release came Devil, which was promoted by a controversial video, reaching number 11 in the charts.

On 2 July 2005, the group took a break from their sold out world tour and appeared at the Live 8 concert, in Hyde Park, London, performing to 240,000 people - their biggest audience yet.

Grace Jones

Grace Jones is one of the few artists that has been able to sustain a long career in the industry from first being signed in the 1970's. She is eccentric, opinionated, and feisty all the qualities needed to be a mentor.

Many of her singles were hits on Billboard's Hot Dance Club Play and Hot Dance Airplay charts, for example 1981's "Pull Up to the Bumper", which spent seven weeks at No. 2 on the U.S. dance chart.[2] Jones was able to find mainstream success in Europe, particularly the United Kingdom, scoring a number of Top 40 entries on the UK Singles Chart. Her most notable albums are Warm Leatherette, Nightclubbing and Slave to the Rhythm, while her biggest hits are "Pull Up to the Bumper", "I've Seen That Face Before (Libertango)", "Private Life", "Slave to the Rhythm" and "I'm Not Perfect (But I'm Perfect for You)".

To this day, she is known for her unique look at least as much as she is for her musicand has been an inspiration for numerous other artists, including Annie Lennox, Lady Gaga and Rihanna.

Jones has a contralto vocal range. Although her image became equally as notable as her voice, she is a highly stylised vocalist. She sings in two modes: either in her monotone speak-sing voice as in songs such as "Private Life", "Walking in the Rain" and "The Apple Stretching", or in an almost-soprano mode in songs such as "La Vie en rose", "Slave to the Rhythm", and "Victor Should Have Been a Jazz Musician". Jones' voice spans two and a half octaves.

Marina Diamandis

She rose to fame after reaching number two on the BBC Sound of 2010 poll list, coming second to Ellie Goulding.I n 2011, Diamandis announced that she was working on her second album, Electra Heart, which was released in April 2012 and went to No. 1 in the UK and Ireland. Her Debut Album The Family Jewels reached number 5 in the UK Charts.

She embarked on her first headlining tour on 14 February 2010, consisting of seventy dates around the United Kingdom, Ireland, mainland Europe, the United States and Canada.Marina and the Diamonds was nominated for Critics' Choice at the 2010 BRIT Awards[33] and came fifth in SHREDnews' "Ten Artists To Watch in 2010" list in March 2010.[34] She also won the award for Best UK & Ireland Act at the 2010 MTV Europe Music Awards.

For her second album, Diamandis recorded material with producers Cirkut, Guy Sigsworth, Labrinth, Greg Kurstin, Diplo, Dr. Luke, Stargate and Liam Howe.

Electra Heart was released in April 2012. The album made its debut at number 1 in both the United Kingdom and Ireland making it her first album to do so, the album also performed well in Europe, Australia and became her highest charting album in the US peaking at 30.

The album was preceded by the single "Primadonna" produced by Dr Luke and Cirkut. "Primadonna" has not only become Diamandis' highest peaking UK single to date, it is also her most successful single internationally, reaching platinum status in Ireland for sales exceeding 15,000 units and attaining number No. 4 on the New Zealand chart and platinum status. "Power and Control" served as the second single from the album in the United Kingdom,
  • PJ RiverPJ River Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for that. I like reading wikipedia. :D
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,269
    Forum Member
    Simon, Cheryl, Louis and Sharon. Perfect. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simon Cowell.
    Louis Walsh.
    Sharon Osbourne.
    Dannii Minogue

The old team back its worked back then unlike the past few seasons.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I write this, Simon Sharon and Louis are leading with Dannii a short way behind :D

I'd love to have the old panel back, though i don't think we'll be seeing both Sharon and Dannii ;)
  • ben8936ben8936 Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    Louis Walsh
    Tulisa Constovlas
    Olly Murs
    Caroline Flack

Or I Woudnt Mind The 4 From Last Year
    Or A Spice Girl Or A Little Mix
    I Also Loved Kelly Rowland So Maybe Her
  • -Felicity--Felicity- Posts: 4,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon, Louis, Sharon & Dannii :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 338
    Forum Member
    I want Sharon back, but I'm a little surprised she has more votes than any other female on the list
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sofan wrote: »
    I want Sharon back, but I'm a little surprised she has more votes than any other female on the list

I'm surprised Simon has the most. I thought he was universally disliked,
  • MuSiKeMuSiKe Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicole, Sharon Osbourne, Michael Buble and Ed Sheeran.
    Forum Member
    jackbell wrote: »
    I'm surprised Simon has the most. I thought he was universally disliked,

Definitely not! He was the one reason why many people were still watching. His brutal honesty was what people watched. He's gone a bit soft now though! He was the 2nd favorite judge behind Dannii in many polls (Cheryl and Louis being much further down).

Louis needs to go. He is not liked. He is like an excess piece of furniture that needs to be removed! I hate Louis and can't stand it that he stays while Gary's removed! The reason The Voice panels work so well is that banter exists but at the same time, each person is a person in their own right. Louis is not. When he gets a category, you know that category is doomed!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Louis' future with XF is assured. He can only leave, he won't be sacked.
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have never got the obsession with Sharon Osbourne on here, she isn't current, she has no idea about her acts previously and would not have a clue what sell nowadays. She wasn't on the show at its peak either and was a pretty dreadful mentor

There is no prospect of her ever being asked back
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They want drama I suppose. She isn't current but they will have Nicole for that. Louis isn't current either but he is still there.

The X Factor is a family entertainment show - it needs to appeal to everyone one, not just the 'current'.
    Forum Member
    jackbell wrote: »
    They want drama I suppose. She isn't current but they will have Nicole for that. Louis isn't current either but he is still there.

The X Factor is a family entertainment show - it needs to appeal to everyone one, not just the 'current'.

Except Louis appeals to no one. Look at the poll on YouGov. All age groups want Louis to be sacked first and he's also the least favorite judge with any age group, male/female, voting for Maloney or not. He appeals to no one. He's not even a good judge/mentor because the category he gets is usually doomed to failure. He also makes the stupidest of song choices and he's a massive joke! The Voice panels work because it's four judges, not three and piece of furniture.

The only point of him being there is as Simon's guinea pig, Simon tells him what to do, and Louis reports back about the other 3 judges.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Except people that vote on on-line polls do not reflect the greater British public. It's deluded to say a poll of a few hundred count when the real measure are the ratings and they are still in the millions..

Louis will very likely stay on until he has had enough. You're wasting energy by getting excited over him to be honest :)
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nicole?