The return of Scottie McClue's Mega Phone In.

Gerry MandarinGerry Mandarin Posts: 889
Forum Member
✭✭
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, and have some folk on here digesting a healthy portion of humble pie but......

Comments

• Station IDStation ID Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    Oh dear it's so sad.

The guy who made it to national radio now resorting to your radio. Why???

Once it was a great and very entertaining show but all of the greats know when to stop.
  • Black LabelBlack Label Posts: 4,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YOURradiio are investing a lot in presenters and programming at present, following their move to Clydebank.

I believe there is the possibility that the show may even be syndicated. Central and YOUR already share the Peter Martin and Alan Rough football phone-in and Saturday sports show so they may well share McClue too!
  • Ian AberdonIan Aberdon Posts: 2,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder what Brenda has to say? :D
  • RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So much for the national breakfast show he was boasting of being in the pipeline "soon" a couple of years ago.

A diddy little show on a diddy little station, great job Colin.:D

Mind you, at least he doesn't have to spend his own cash to get on air with this one.:D
  • Dream_catcherDream_catcher Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    Radiogram wrote: »
    So much for the national breakfast show he was boasting of being in the pipeline "soon" a couple of years ago.

Mind you, at least he doesn't have to spend his own cash to get on air with this one.:D

I thoroughly enjoyed Scottie's Hogmanay show. It was a bloody sight better than the offerings that were available on the telly that night.
    All the best to him with his phone-in on yourradio.
  • Gerry MandarinGerry Mandarin Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Radiogram wrote: »

I wouldn't say it was a diddy wee station, it covers a huge area and have some great presenters on board, Fraser Thomson and Dean Park to name but two.
  • davie1924davie1924 Posts: 2,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good luck to him and the station. Enjoyed his stuff on the vastly underrated L107.
  • RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't say it was a diddy wee station, it covers a huge area and have some great presenters on board, Fraser Thomson and Dean Park to name but two.

I didn't mean any disrespect to Your Radio or it's people, I agree they have some cracking presenters there now, as well as the guys you mention they have Yazz and Darren too of course, all top jocks.

I was just pointing out it wasn't quite the national gig he had been touting. That was NEVER a serious option.

If some people enjoy the show and it pays it's way and is something different (at night I presume) to the networking and automation then fair play to them.
  • Craig KellyCraig Kelly Posts: 2,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The "huge area" is Dumbarton and the Vale of Leven on 103.0 FM and the relay on 106.9 FM covers Helensburgh and around Rosneath/Gareloch area which comes to around 65,000 adults.

The overspill into Port Glasgow, Greenock, Gourock and Dunoon brings the possible coverage area to around 100,000 adults.

Due to topography, hills and alike, reception does not get much beyond the licence area, although in-car listening can extend to parts of Paisley and Glasgow on 106.9 FM.
  • MusicmasterproxMusicmasterprox Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The "huge area" is Dumbarton and the Vale of Leven on 103.0 FM and the relay on 106.9 FM covers Helensburgh and around Rosneath/Gareloch area which comes to around 65,000 adults.

The overspill into Port Glasgow, Greenock, Gourock and Dunoon brings the possible coverage area to around 100,000 adults.

Due to topography, hills and alike, reception does not get much beyond the licence area, although in-car listening can extend to parts of Paisley and Glasgow on 106.9 FM.

All could change if they purchase 96.3FM!
  • RikScotRikScot Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Don't forget the worldwide online audience that are poised to crash the 'listen online' facility...
    Forum Member
    RikScot wrote: »
    Don't forget the worldwide online audience that are poised to crash the 'listen online' facility...

I heard that thousands more houses are being built inthe tsa due to the number if people who will relocate. They don't want to risk the internet crashing so are moving.
  • RikScotRikScot Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Station ID wrote: »
    I heard that thousands more houses are being built inthe tsa due to the number if people who will relocate. They don't want to risk the internet crashing so are moving.

Don't encourage Him...;-)
  • DiandalScotlandDiandalScotland Posts: 2,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your Radio

The big station serving the nation... lol

Tell 10 to tell 10 to tell 10 lol
    Forum Member
    Your Radio

The big station serving the nation... lol

Tell 10 to tell 10 to tell 10 lol

Then at least 30 would listen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 142
    Forum Member
    Station ID wrote: »
    Oh dear it's so sad.

The guy who made it to national radio now resorting to your radio. Why???

Once it was a great and very entertaining show but all of the greats know when to stop.

forgive me if im being thick but when when was he on national radio ..i cant recall it
  • G.F.M.G.F.M. Posts: 4,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    in my ears wrote: »
    forgive me if im being thick but when when was he on national radio ..i cant recall it

Please please... Can someone enlighten me.. Who is he??
  • radiodadradiodad Posts: 2,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    in my ears wrote: »

I think if i remember right he lasted one show at TalkSPORT/talkradio
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does Scottie McClue have the best 'Posts on DS to listener' ratio? Jesus wept
  • dpbdpb Posts: 12,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was just the one show at Talk Radio in for James Whale as he had a job lined up at Century.
    Forum Member
    dpb wrote: »
    There was just the one show at Talk Radio in for James Whale as he had a job lined up at Century.

It was post Century I think and it can't have been more than one or two shows. Back then I really rated him and found him very entertaining but whereas I have moved on and moved with the times sadly he hasn't
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 142
    Forum Member
    dpb wrote: »

that must have been nearly 20 years ago i must have been washing my hair that night ..i had some then
  • wavy-davywavy-davy Posts: 7,122
    Forum Member
    Has he been sacked yet? :p
  • Black LabelBlack Label Posts: 4,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All could change if they purchase 96.3FM!

I would say that's a definate possibility.

If they pick it up at a reasonable price minus any debt hangover then it might make sense. They could combine both stations into one and have solid coverage from the west of Glasgow through to Paisley and their own area.

It could then be a sort of smallish ballsy local version of Real 10 years ago, up against Clyde 1 with the other competitors mostly networked.

The parent company is 85% owned by Lloyds Bank so if the business plan works and the suits at the bank like the idea.....why not?
  • Radio SpyRadio Spy Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    With so much rubbish on commercial these days, so many drones and robotic presenters, Scottie is to be applauded and encouraged.

Well done McClue. I know you'll enjoy it and will certainly be tuning in myself for a wee giggle.

That's my tuppence.
This discussion has been closed.