Family Affairs actors where are they now?

2»

Comments

• gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Charnham wrote: »
    Tanya Franks is very good in whatever she does. We just need to get the actress who plays Kelly in hte show for a mini reunion.

Lets face it Ranine will do anything for her next hit.

yes thats true :)
  • gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i just thought ill add that i use to see the boy who played darren scott in greenwich when i worked there, i think hes an electrician now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    elliecat wrote: »
    Anna Acton(Geri) was advertising Jenny Craig and Jan Harvey was touring with Calender Girls

Anna Acton is in the 'Milk and more' adverts
  • pixxyypixxyy Posts: 1,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brian Cowan who played Robert Davenport is a regular in Scottish soap River City.

Thank you, it's been annoying me where i'd seen him before lol
  • Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    angelfed wrote: »
    Anna Acton is in the 'Milk and more' adverts
    Anna Acton is a great actress, I think she'd fit in on the Street :)

David Easter needs to return to TV too, and Barbara Young should go back to Corrie.
  • PastaPasta Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I happened to notice Rocky Marshall in a film recently and looked him up on imdb - he's had a pretty successful post-Family Affairs career. The lovely Miles Petit, however, seems to have dropped off the planet.
  • Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,148
    Forum Member
    Kazia Pelka was in New Tricks this evening, she played DCI Temple.

I loved Family Affairs, probably because when I was a Film Extra I was in two episodes, and it was a great experience. The set of Family Affairs adjoined the set of The Bill, and when it finished I recognised the Family Affairs street in several of The Bill episodes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what was the name of the family that got blown up on the boat.
  • Bobby'sgirlBobby'sgirl Posts: 7,347
    Forum Member
    They were the Harts a lovely family. The chap who played Dad only seems to be adverts now such a shame I always liked him. I thought how spooky the other day when I saw Liz Crowther at Brighton station and then found this forum.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were the Harts a lovely family. The chap who played Dad only seems to be adverts now such a shame I always liked him. I thought how spooky the other day when I saw Liz Crowther at Brighton station and then found this forum.

i watched that episode, but cant remember if they all died or not.
  • Bobby'sgirlBobby'sgirl Posts: 7,347
    Forum Member
    i watched that episode, but cant remember if they all died or not.

I think so but not too sure
  • DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,732
    Forum Member
    No-one's mentioned the awesome Eileen. I forget the actor's name, but she was great in the show, and I'm surprised she hasn't popped up elsewhere playing a lead role. Now, she would be good in EE.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes all the Harts died except Duncan who was abroad at the time.
  • MiyagiMiyagi Posts: 653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    _Venger_ wrote: »
    Wonder what become of the actress who played Nikki Warrington? she should get a role in EastEnders as she was a great actress.

She's my neighbour (or was until she moved recently), and she's a lovely girl - she's now a dramatherapist and is Senior Lecturer on the Dramatherapy MA course at Roehampton University, amongst other things. She'd be GREAT in Eastenders!
  • Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The actress who played Bradley's mum in EastEnders was previously in family affairs. I cant remember the name of her character though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The actress who played Bradley's mum in EastEnders was previously in family affairs. I cant remember the name of her character though.

Wasn't Pete Callan her brother, Margi Clarke was her mother?
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're right. It's a shame that they're not doing much TV, as they had some cracking actors. I know that Rosie Rowell popped up in Casualty a couple of years back, Sadie did Coronation Street and Nicola Duffett did Made in Dagenham, but the rest have disappeared.

I thought Kazia Pelka would pop up on Emmerdale or Coronation Street as she was superb during Chloe's abuse storyline. I could also see Ebony Thomas as one of the Fox girls in EastEnders. And of course, David Easter would be a great villain in any of the soaps.

she was in last nights New Tricks playing a cow of a police woman. I get the feeling she may become more regular. I always remember her as the Polish nanny in Brookie!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The young lad who was a paedophile was in a few episodes of The Bill I think.
  • MelSingletonMelSingleton Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ian Ashpitel (Chris Hart) was in an episode of EastEnders some years back, acting up a storm. Liz Crowther who played his wife Annie Hart acted in an episode of 'Banged Up Abroad'.

'Family Affairs' improved a lot as it went on and, technically, was probably the best UK soap I have ever watched. The characters seemed most realistic, the acting was good, the sets looked great, the storylines were often gripping, and it was really well shot with an excellent visual quality.

The Costello family were excellent - that period was the show's highest point. I loved the storyline where the mother faked the daughter's cancer.
  • SummerskillSummerskill Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, I have looked at some posts and I can answer some questions about FA in one post as well as give the names of the characters and actors. :D

Kazia Pelka (aka Chrissy Costello) played Hazel Wilding who got into some kind of relationship with Vikram Desai (played by Emmerdale's Chris Bisson aka Jai Sharma) for a while in Corrie back in the early 2000's. I think Hazel ended the relationship and went back to her husband.

Harry Capehorn (aka Bradley Foster) was the guy that was in Family Affairs and also in The Bill. He was also known for being in a children's programme in the 2000's on Channel 5 called Harry and Cosh.

I think Cordelia Bugeja (aka Melanie Hart) was in a Yakult advert with a geeky kind of guy who were the main characters in the advert, and she was in a Sure deodorant advert as I recall.

The advert which had Sandra Huggett (aka Holly Hart) was a Kingsmill bread advert where she burns her husband's shirt. LOL :D

I think Rebecca Blake who played Nikki Warrington would be good in EastEnders as well. :)

I did wonder about Miles Petit who played Roy Farmer on what happened to him as well.

Rosie Rowell was the actress who played Eileen Day. :)

Yep, Margi Clarke played Joan Short, Pete Callan's mum and Pooky Quesnel played Diane Short, his half-sister.