Anyone else just bored of politics and EU talk?

13»

Comments

• CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm bored of people posting politics threads in GD. Not this one, I should add, which belongs here as it's anti-politics talk.
  • SambdaSambda Posts: 6,185
    Forum Member
    The BBCs news coverage is way, way too much on the issue. There are other things happening in the world! Yesterday they still had "Britain leaves the EU" headlines at the bottom of the screen all the time as if it was new news! Only somebody who's been on a three-day bender wouldn't have know by that time. The BBC approach is also very scaremongery slanted, revealing fairly clearly what their political editors' opinion on the matter is/was.

But people are really going to get sick of it unless they cut down the amount and general doom 'n' gloom intensity of the coverage. When things actually happen, fine, but all this continual speculation is wearying...
  • netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I voted remain (East Hull born and bred) so my conscience is clear if it all goes tits up.

I'm east Hull too (garden village) Keyser, we may be neighbours!
    My conscience is clear too but it's not a lot of consolation really. I won't relish seeing all the people around me who voted out struggle, true they'll be reaping what they have sowed but I won't enjoy it because I'll be suffering the consequences too. I do want to slap the fkers into next week too, the lies they fell for beggars belief.
  • StarpussStarpuss Posts: 12,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    duckylucky wrote: »
    And my daughter too a non British living and working and paying taxes in London today feels like shit . As do her friends . Thankfully they are surrounded by nice people but they still feel like shit
    This isnt the X Factor and going to go away , its here , its real , its done and people all over the world are reeling in disbelief

I'm still in a state of disbelief. I can't believe that a high proportion of the people I see every day voted to leave. But they obviously did. I walked through my town centre yesterday and felt I didn't belong. This is not the Great Britain I thought it was.

It is very personal. There may be a political element to it but the impact of the political decision is very general, it will touch everyone of us in many ways. So yes, discuss it in Politics but it's needed here. Lord knows what I'd do if I didn't have this forum to vent in :o