jp761 wrote: »
    @starpuss :p:D:D;-):p:p;-)

:D:D:D

Bring back rollseyes *hides*
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,314
    Forum Member
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    Yay, we got this subforum back. I guess a lot of posters have never dipped into the Politics subforum before. It's not much fun there.

Indeed. You could say the grass is green and people will argue with you.
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    I think this forum used to have more of what I'd call Lee Evans style observations, just silly (but still interesting) stuff you'd notice about other people. None of us start threads like that now because we get crucified by the humourless brigade when we do.
    how can you do that without strutting up and down the stage and flicking sweat over everybody? EH?
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    how can you do that without strutting up and down the stage and flicking sweat over everybody? EH?

Have to say, that guy is a triumph of determination over anxiety :p
  • Options
    jp761jp761 Posts: 33,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LuckyM2012 wrote: »
    Hide well i'm coming ready or not! >:(

:D
  • Options
    silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This. End of.
  • Options
    StarpussStarpuss Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I miss the rollseye one :(

If they bring it back I'll go into Politics and make a thread consisting entirely of it. That'll teach em ;-)
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,314
    Forum Member
    silentNate wrote: »
    This. End of.
    Starpuss wrote: »
    I miss the rollseye one :(

If they bring it back I'll go into Politics and make a thread consisting entirely of it. That'll teach em ;-)

Apparently we aren't mature enough to use it properly or whatever the DS overlords said.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    Apparently we aren't mature enough to use it properly or whatever the DS overlords said.

Maybe our DS overlords are alien lizards and eye rolling is the worst insult possible.
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jp761 wrote: »
    Oh danm it's kinda annoying going backwards n forwards between different parts of the forum. The referendum is bigger than politics it is general discussion.

That's the beauty of tabs - keep both forums open - I do it with GD and BB, works fine for me ;)
  • Options
    biscuitfactorybiscuitfactory Posts: 29,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Under the heading 'General Discussion' it says for non-entertainment discussion and chatter.

Nothing about no politics.

I don't get why there's a separate forum for politics anyway. It's not like it's something that doesn't affect us all every day of our lives and shapes our lives.
    Religion, on the other hand, is a minority topic and doesn't have a separate forum.
    I can't figure that one out at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d0lphin wrote: »
    The posts shouldn't have been moved, This is the biggest thing to have happened in UK politics in a generation and the politics forum is too heavy going for discussion by us gd-ers.

I think it would be good for the Politics forum to have some newcomers, some fresh blood, to have more of a general discussion going on about politics from those who don't normally inhabit the place. Shake it up a bit ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Posting just so I can see my last post :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Under the heading 'General Discussion' it says for non-entertainment discussion and chatter.

Nothing about no politics.

I don't get why there's a separate forum for politics anyway. It's not like it's something that doesn't affect us all every day of our lives and shapes our lives.
    Religion, on the other hand, is a minority topic and doesn't have a separate forum.
    I can't figure that one out at all.

Exactly.

There is always a religion thread on GD. Always!! With the same few people arguing the same points over and over and over. All about something that isn't real!

This is real. It's impacting our lives now. I get it that some people just want to look at videos of cats and talk about penises. I really do. Both can be fascinating. But the Referendum has impacted every single person in the UK. In many ways. In ways that we probably don't even realise yet. It's bigger than politics.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly.

There is always a religion thread on GD. Always!! With the same few people arguing the same points over and over and over. All about something that isn't real!

This is real. It's impacting our lives now. I get it that some people just want to look at videos of cats and talk about penises. I really do. Both can be fascinating. But the Referendum has impacted every single person in the UK. In many ways. In ways that we probably don't even realise yet. It's bigger than politics.

I agree to a certain extent - there's nothing wrong with a few referendum threads in a more general style, but when nearly every thread is about the EU, and often many threads about the same subject/area of the EU referendum, it can become tiresome, for want of a better word.

There are religion threads but is there a religion forum (I haven't looked). Otherwise, where else would they be?
  • Options
    Terry NTerry N Posts: 5,262
    Forum Member
    It's important news. We could all be living in tents beside dual carriageways in six months. This is our 7/11.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terry N wrote: »
    It's important news. We could all be living in tents beside dual carriageways in six months. This is our 7/11.

7/11?? The convenience store we will be eating out of when living in tents?? :confused::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Terry N wrote: »
    It's important news. We could all be living in tents beside dual carriageways in six months.

I doubt it!

I am more concerned with the amount of racism that seems to be going on since Thursday to be honest. I witnessed some myself yesterday towards a British Asian shopkeeper, it's become quite nasty.

Some people seem to think we've left the EU - which we haven't and won't have for quite some time. They also seem to think it's given them a right to be abusive towards people, which I believe is still illegal and undoubtedly will be into the future as a non-EU nation!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe our DS overlords are alien lizards and eye rolling is the worst insult possible.

Why get rid of : yawn: then?? :yawn: :(
  • Options
    Hacker HarrierHacker Harrier Posts: 1,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »
    Posting just so I can see my last post :D

Politics seems to have broken DS forums!
  • Options
    SupportSupport Posts: 71,038
    Administrator
    Hi

We addressed this in another thread we just closed. Please see here: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=82917271&postcount=6

DS
This discussion has been closed.