Options

Dead Rising 3

deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
Forum Member
I've just gone back to playing this on my Xbox One. I deleted ALL my previous saves and game installs as I wanted to start the game from scratch.

However, upon starting a brand new game, my character has started with a ridiculous welding mask covering up his entire head?!?! I remember last time I played this (over a year ago), I put on this mask and could never figure out how to get the damn thing off again, however, this was much later on in the game.

Why then, has my character got this RIDICULOUS mask on YET AGAIN, even though I have started a brand new game and a brand new story????? >:(

This is one of the reasons I think I gave up on this game the first time around - frustrating things like this?!!!!!! :(

Comments

• Options
    Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im not 100 percent on this as I havent played for sometime but there are closets where you can change you're outfit, im not sure if they're located at safe houses or not, I never really went for the whole dressing up thing haha
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FT is right. You need to unlock safehouses and gain access to the closets. There's one early on at the motel.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ...ok, thanks for the tips above however, my original question still stands : If I have deleted all my save games and everything to do with this game, from my Xbox One, why, then, when starting a brand new game and story, does my character wear the items which I donned, the last time I played the game (I also noticed that my 'zombies killed' count is also continuing from my last year's play through and has not reset back to zero)??

:confused::confused:

EDIT - Ok, looks like there could be a solution here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/718577-dead-rising-3/68265546

Will give it a go and report back!
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it some kind of pre-order bonus item?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is it some kind of pre-order bonus item?

....nah - was just some random mask I found lying about!!!

Hopefully that reset trick above will work!
    ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    deans6571 wrote: »
    ...ok, thanks for the tips above however, my original question still stands : If I have deleted all my save games and everything to do with this game, from my Xbox One, why, then, when starting a brand new game and story, does my character wear the items which I donned, the last time I played the game (I also noticed that my 'zombies killed' count is also continuing from my last year's play through and has not reset back to zero)??

:confused::confused:

EDIT - Ok, looks like there could be a solution here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/718577-dead-rising-3/68265546

Will give it a go and report back!

....success!!!

Got that ridiculous mask off my character by resetting the stats and starting over.

:)
  • Options
    Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Did you delete your save from both the console and the 'cloud' where it will also reside?

Also, if you fancy some co-op on this, let me know as I've yet to play this since I got it on release day (where I played it for an hour!)