Your top 3 worst games this gen

Comments

• gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was majorly gutted for black ops 2. Waited patiently for 2 years as loved the first one and at the time hated mw3. Finally arrived and crap.
    Thankfully since release mw3 was patched and is actually ok now.
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just based on what I've played (well aware there are worse out there):

Medal of Honour - The most generic shooter I've had the misfortune of playing

GTA IV - Just boring in every way, didn't even finish it

Mirror's Edge - Too frustrating. Good idea, shame about the execution.
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    ags_rule wrote: »
    Just based on what I've played (well aware there are worse out there):

Medal of Honour - The most generic shooter I've had the misfortune of playing

GTA IV - Just boring in every way, didn't even finish it

Mirror's Edge - Too frustrating. Good idea, shame about the execution.

Man, Mirror's Edge as a worst game ever contender? That was such a wonderful game and highly original too. Fair enough though.
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    I'm surprised at people picking GTA IV and Halo, I mean, seriously, this is the gen where we have Aliens Colonial Marines, The Walking Dead Survival Instinct, Rogue Warrior, Haze, Too Human, this should be split off into two sections, actual Worst Games played, and then let Downs, where I think the likes of GTA IV and Halo would end up, they certainly do not deserve Worst Game of the Gen titles.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    I'm surprised at people picking GTA IV and Halo, I mean, seriously, this is the gen where we have Aliens Colonial Marines, The Walking Dead Survival Instinct, Rogue Warrior, Haze, Too Human, this should be split off into two sections, actual Worst Games played, and then let Downs, where I think the likes of GTA IV and Halo would end up, they certainly do not deserve Worst Game of the Gen titles.

I agree but i'd like to add that many people seem to be confusing distinctly average with worst of this Gen

Aliens, 007 Legends and Walking Dead Survival Instincts are incredibly average average games, there is nothing so bad about that they are the worst games this generation and there is nothing so good that you couldn't recommend them until they are dirt cheap

Stuff like Damnation which is practically unplayable is more deserving out a worst of title
    Forum Member
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    I mean, seriously, this is the gen where we have Aliens Colonial Marines, The Walking Dead Survival Instinct, Rogue Warrior, Haze, Too Human,

Too Human doesn't belong in this list. Have you played it?
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Man, Mirror's Edge as a worst game ever contender? That was such a wonderful game and highly original too. Fair enough though.

Like I said, I got the originality aspect of it. I just thought it was very, very badly implemented.
  • Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    Some odd choices here. I thought Mirrors Edge, Call Of Juarez BIB and The Game of thrones RPG were all fantastic games.
    Forum Member
    ags_rule wrote: »
    Like I said, I got the originality aspect of it. I just thought it was very, very badly implemented.

In what way was it "very, very badly implemented"?
  • OpEdOpEd Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In what way was it "very, very badly implemented"?

In a very, very, very, very bad way, I expect.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member

None on bottom list at least 5 (Uncharted 2, Orange Box, Portal 2, ect)on top list with a few to get, will be getting Bioshock Infinite next month (money) and Persona 4 Golden the boys will get.

They also have the Mario Galaxy games
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    None on bottom list at least 5 (Uncharted 2, Orange Box, Portal 2, ect)on top list with a few to get, will be getting Bioshock Infinite next month (money) and Persona 4 Golden the boys will get.

They also have the Mario Galaxy games

I use to visit this site when I was younger it had forums and stuff back then not sure they do now, respectable site with lots of reviews determining the percentage score, sure I don't agree with some but I respect them
  • The Special OneThe Special One Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me Red Faction Guerilla. The only game ive bought this generation and not bothered to finish.

Im surprised no ones mentioned Dark Void. I only played the demo but it made me want to throw my controller at the screen.
  • BinaryDadBinaryDad Posts: 3,988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

For once, this is something that we agree on. It's easily in my top 10 games of the current gen; a great idea, amazing execution and technically, quite impressive.
  • dephanix02dephanix02 Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    Gta IV on PS3. Dodgy framerates ruined the whole experience.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BinaryDad wrote: »
    For once, this is something that we agree on. It's easily in my top 10 games of the current gen; a great idea, amazing execution and technically, quite impressive.

I like this to thought it was great, Dishonored reminded me of it to.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No one played Sniper:Ghost Warrior? That was bloody awful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dephanix02 wrote: »
    Gta IV on PS3. Dodgy framerates ruined the whole experience.

Really :confused:, I've had it seen it came out and never really noticed anything, let alone to a degree that would ruin a game, i am missing something :confused:
  • dephanix02dephanix02 Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    Really :confused:, I've had it seen it came out and never really noticed anything, let alone to a degree that would ruin a game, i am missing something :confused:

What resolution are you playing at? It's a shocking port.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What ever the default is for a HD telly, 720p i'd guess

Shocking port really, i've played both versions on PS3 and 360 and they felt exactly the same :confused:
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member

On this one, are you sure it's not an install issue? There were issues reported about GTA IV becoming corrupted on some PS3's after a few patches, which caused some slowdowns, and even affected some missions.

The way to resolve this is to delete the install and patches, start the game again, install the latest patch first (PS3 should notify this as usual) and THEN let the game install. After that the game should be running as it should.
    Forum Member
    From owning both console versions of GTA IV the PS3 game certainly did look worse than the 360 game but it played ok.
  • samcains90samcains90 Posts: 4,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Final Fantasy Xiii-2
    Brink
    Fallout New Vegas
  • FillyourbootsFillyourboots Posts: 450
    Forum Member
    The first game I thought of was F1 2010, after a great deal of anticipation the finished product was a bug-ridden waste.