Freeview coverage.

2»

Comments

• Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hold your horses, everyone! :)

I agree with the comments on aerials and the differing requirements depending on numerous factors such as location, terrain and everything else. My only point was that I was bemused to see that a neighbouring postcode to where I live shows Freeview being available and yet for my postcode it's available and yet, the adjoining postcode is, effectively, across the street.

So that led me to think that people who aren't technically aware of the technologies involved would take the information available on face value and, because of that, many potential STB purchasers and Freeview viewers were being lost with the only real beneficiary being Sky.
  • DEmbertonDEmberton Posts: 2,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by Glawster2002
    So that led me to think that people who aren't technically aware of the technologies involved would take the information available on face value and, because of that, many potential STB purchasers and Freeview viewers were being lost with the only real beneficiary being Sky.

It's true, but what else can you do? Few people are going to pay for an expert to come round and evaluate the situation, and nobody is going to go round street by street checking that the postcode data is correct.

Dave