Options

About Audley Being a "Humourless Thug"

Landon3333Landon3333 Posts: 371
Forum Member
So you grow up without a silver spoon but nevertheless determined to make something of yourself, you train for most of your entire life to compete as a prize fighter in a notoriously brutal and unforgiving profession/sport.

Things go well, the hard work in the gym pays off and you make it to the Olympics and become the first British fighter to win Olympic Gold in your division.

You go on to win your fist 19 professional fights before encountering a loss and still fighting at age 42—commendable in it's own right—hold a respectable 31 wins and 7 losses on your fight record.

After suffering embarrassing defeats at the hands of younger, superior opponents you do some reality TV on the side, for the usual reasons: money, exposure/publicity, etc.

You wind up in the Big Brother house and while fraternizing with some fellow housemates you barely know they start taking the piss at your expense.

The small, chubby, mouthy one pipes up, "All you gotta do is run around the garden for a minute and a bit."

The annoying Dancer boy cackles at the top of his lungs like a deranged hyena—the little fat one follows suit and they're falling over themselves in a conjoined display of obnoxious laughter that the initial quip should hardly warrant.

You feign amusement with a false chuckle, although it's clear in your voice you don't find it as witty, "huh-he... run round the place... heh... run round the garden."

The blood, sweat and tears of training, your life's work, your profession, where your worst days are broadcasted and documented forever, summed up and equated to a jog in the garden.

Dancing Queen breaks his laughter and chimes in this time, "What, in 73 seconds?" A direct reference to a fight in which you suffered a painful and humiliating loss, and they continue with the excessive, oily, guffawing.

You warn them, "I'm serious now—now you're taking the piss." They're still laughing like idiots. You step forward, face serious and finally they get the message that you're not impressed by their personal jibes cloaked as banter. You tell them it's disrespectful but dancer boy doesn't want to listen, puffs his chest and objects. You walk away.

You are deemed a violent, humourless thug.

Ridiculous.

James is a w.anker

Comments

• Options
    zofozofo Posts: 7,277
    Forum Member
    Couldn't agree more.

James was trying to appear big in front of the other muscle boys by tackling the alpha, knowing BB would save him if anything happened. Audley was perfectly calm and controlled despite the temptation of crushing James like a twig which he could have done with one hand.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get why people are calling him a thug? Is he a former convict or something?
  • Options
    NicoleRichNicoleRich Posts: 2,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Landon3333 wrote: »
    The annoying Dancer boy cackles at the top of his lungs like a deranged hyena

PMSL :D
  • Options
    NicoleRichNicoleRich Posts: 2,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get why people are calling him a thug? Is he a former convict or something?

They are linking his mannerisms to one, I think.
  • Options
    zofozofo Posts: 7,277
    Forum Member
    NicoleRich wrote: »
    They are linking his mannerisms to one, I think.

But his mannerisms were not one of a thug. :confused:
  • Options
    hisdogspothisdogspot Posts: 23,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you grow up without a silver spoon but nevertheless determined to make something of yourself, you train for most of your entire life to compete as a prize fighter in a notoriously brutal and unforgiving profession/sport.

Things go well, the hard work in the gym pays off and you make it to the Olympics and become the first British fighter to win Olympic Gold in your division.

You go on to win your fist 19 professional fights before encountering a loss and still fighting at age 42—commendable in it's own right—hold a respectable 31 wins and 7 losses on your fight record.

After suffering embarrassing defeats at the hands of younger, superior opponents you do some reality TV on the side, for the usual reasons: money, exposure/publicity, etc.

You wind up in the Big Brother house and while fraternizing with some fellow housemates you barely know they start taking the piss at your expense.

The small, chubby, mouthy one pipes up, "All you gotta do is run around the garden for a minute and a bit."

The annoying Dancer boy cackles at the top of his lungs like a deranged hyena—the little fat one follows suit and they're falling over themselves in a conjoined display of obnoxious laughter that the initial quip should hardly warrant.

You feign amusement with a false chuckle, although it's clear in your voice you don't find it as witty, "huh-he... run round the place... heh... run round the garden."

The blood, sweat and tears of training, your life's work, your profession, where your worst days are broadcasted and documented forever, summed up and equated to a jog in the garden.

Dancing Queen breaks his laughter and chimes in this time, "What, in 73 seconds?" A direct reference to a fight in which you suffered a painful and humiliating loss, and they continue with the excessive, oily, guffawing.

You warn them, "I'm serious now—now you're taking the piss." They're still laughing like idiots. You step forward, face serious and finally they get the message that you're not impressed by their personal jibes cloaked as banter. You tell them it's disrespectful but dancer boy doesn't want to listen, puffs his chest and objects. You walk away.

Ridiculous.

James is a w.anker

I really like this post

On Bots tonight Judy James ( and the other one who looks like Annie Lennox ) were eulogising about how 'brave' James was to stand up to the 'intimidating' Audley

B****x
  • Options
    MellsbellsMellsbells Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Audley was very restrained in how he dealt with those two little twerps. A thug would have just planted one on them.
  • Options
    Dilly DaydreamDilly Daydream Posts: 6,191
    Forum Member

Ridiculous.

James is a w.anker

Excellent post, I totally agree with you. James is so disrespectful it's untrue. And George has gone down in my estimation although he did know when to stop.
  • Options
    mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't get why altercations in the house are so often polarised on these forums. One housemate is 'in the right' and housemate is 'in the wrong' when life is usually never quite so black and white.

It's perfectly possible that James is a w*nker *and* that Audley is a humourless thug. Indeed, I would suggest that it is the most reasonable reading of the situation.
  • Options
    marg89marg89 Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    zofo wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more.

James was trying to appear big in front of the other muscle boys by tackling the alpha, knowing BB would save him if anything happened. Audley was perfectly calm and controlled despite the temptation of crushing James like a twig which he could have done with one hand.

I agree, James is very insecure, he seems to have a problem with Audley and Gary, both of them having sucessful careers, he seems to think it makes him look good having a go at the big people in the house, both of whom could crush him with words never mind anything else.
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well anyone that resorts to calling Audley a thug looses any credibility imo.

Flat out ridiculous.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well anyone that resorts to calling Audley a thug looses any credibility imo.

Flat out ridiculous.

Agree!
  • Options
    Ms Ann ThropeMs Ann Thrope Posts: 7,213
    Forum Member
    Its only a couple of people who think that about Audley. I dont like WUMS either, it gets old very quickly, but I would say I have a good SOH. No-one likes being mocked or baited, and their joke had tipped over the edge into maliciousness, so Audley had every right to call them on it.
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Harrison is just another has been looking for easy money. He has history with James from SCD.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP missed out the bit about the implied threat.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    If you think his a thug you clearly haven't met a thug in real life lol
  • Options
    Wildrover06Wildrover06 Posts: 4,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Annsyre wrote: »
    Harrison is just another has been looking for easy money. He has history with James from SCD.
    Did they not get on in the show or did it happen on tour? Spill the beans!

What I find amusing is any of them looking down on the other or taking the pee out of another's stalled or failed career.. They've all ended up in the same place after all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    Indeed, George and James are complete twerps. George has already tried winding Audley up with the "Audrey" joke... For some reason George is really popular because he is seen as such a funny bloke. Yeah, he is funny when he is laughing at someone else's expense. In other words, he throws cheap shots. I can't stand that kind of person.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

LOL they all are ! You won't get anyone appearing on CBB unless they REALLY need the money. I'd take Audley any day over James though, James is an ego laden twonk.
  • Options
    od hominemod hominem Posts: 8,593
    Forum Member

Ridiculous.

James is a w.anker

Very, VERY good post. Calm, reasoned, to the point, and extremely accurate. Couldn't agree more.
  • Options
    jojoenojojoeno Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    od hominem wrote: »
    Very, VERY good post. Calm, reasoned, to the point, and extremely accurate. Couldn't agree more.

You seemed to have taken over my keyboard as I was about to type exactly the same words .

James is a ****** what does Ola see in the clampitt?
  • Options
    cahcah Posts: 24,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't agree more.

Ditto

Like you OP ,i'm failing to see how Audley can be painted as a Thug :confused:

As for the silly Cow on BOTS the Psych who said Audley was as bad and very intimidating in that argument needs to get a grip ,as he was none of those things
  • Options
    HeyyouoverthereHeyyouoverthere Posts: 5,117
    Forum Member
    But his mannerisms were not one of a thug. :confused:

In some peoples eyes it would be because they don't believe certain hms should stand up for themselves in situations they themselves wouldn't stand for, like i said in other post it's one rule for one and one rule for others. I am sure those giggling little man-child would not be so happy if some stranger they knew for a few days were making a joke about their careers and downfall but they expect Audley to sit back while they do it to him.
  • Options
    HeyyouoverthereHeyyouoverthere Posts: 5,117
    Forum Member

And so are the other BB contestants it doesn't mean they can't stand up for themselves!
  • Options
    Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    Excellent post, I totally agree with you. James is so disrespectful it's untrue. And George has gone down in my estimation although he did know when to stop.
    I honestly believe that George was doing it all in fun and then when it became apparent that Audley was not finding it funny stopped immediately and was sorry....as for James,I couldn't stand him on Strictly and seeing him on BB has not changed that opinion.