• Options
    sean2003sean2003 Posts: 2,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Distance selling regulations?
  • Options
    RicardodaforceRicardodaforce Posts: 8,576
    Forum Member
    This is only in retail, not phone or web orders.
  • Options
    sean2003sean2003 Posts: 2,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah! ok :)

I forgot you can actually buy things from a shop :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im pretty sure they cant do this.

You have a LEGAL right to cancel any contract withing 14 days of it starting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sla_steve wrote: »
    Im pretty sure they cant do this.

You have a LEGAL right to cancel any contract withing 14 days of it starting.

You know what, I thought that too. But we've been told it's happening as of Oct 15.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    The cooling off period doesn't apply to face to face contracts signed AWAY from the home, orders made by mail order / phone and the internet do fall within the distance selling regulations for a 7 days cancellation but ONLY if you use that reason - not any other, so if you ring up within the 7 days you must say something like "I wish to cancel my order using the distance selling regulations, pleae collect this item" say anything else like " I don't like the handset" for instance the company can turn round and refuse your request. Never known it happen but it's a wierd loophole

The cooling off period does not normally apply to businesses either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    hippey wrote: »
    The cooling off period doesn't apply to face to face contracts signed AWAY from the home, orders made by mail order / phone and the internet do fall within the distance selling regulations for a 7 days cancellation but ONLY if you use that reason - not any other, so if you ring up within the 7 days you must say something like "I wish to cancel my order using the distance selling regulations, pleae collect this item" say anything else like " I don't like the handset" for instance the company can turn round and refuse your request. Never known it happen but it's a wierd loophole

The cooling off period does not normally apply to businesses either.

Thanks for the clarification.