Options

Eastenders= No three hander = Possible spoilers

AshMan123AshMan123 Posts: 5,523
Forum Member
This may seem a little bit presumptious but surely eastenders have missed a trick here.

With Peggy's death widely reported as Tuesday it seems Monday and Tuesday's episodes are going to see her interacting with a variety of characters = Stacey Ian Sharon maybe.

Have eastenders missed a trick by not having Phil grant and Peggy ( possibly Sam) centre stage for one episode. The memories the things that could be talked about.

Surely that would be a fitting send off?

Comments

• Options
    Check it outCheck it out Posts: 1,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Babs would be able to handle that amount of lines. As we have seen this week, the lines she's had to learn have been minimal.
  • Options
    cobwebsoupcobwebsoup Posts: 4,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AshMan123 wrote: »
    This may seem a little bit presumptious but surely eastenders have missed a trick here.

With Peggy's death widely reported as Tuesday it seems Monday and Tuesday's episodes are going to see her interacting with a variety of characters = Stacey Ian Sharon maybe.

Have eastenders missed a trick by not having Phil grant and Peggy ( possibly Sam) centre stage for one episode. The memories the things that could be talked about.

Surely that would be a fitting send off?

Great idea, but if they did that then it would mean an episode of Eastenders without a Carter in it, which DTC would hate :D
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Barbara Windsor helped plot Peggy's final storyline - if she'd wanted to be back for longer and involved in a three hander she would have been.
  • Options
    Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LHolmes wrote: »
    Barbara Windsor helped plot Peggy's final storyline - if she'd wanted to be back for longer and involved in a three hander she would have been.

This.
  • Options
    KatEndersKatEnders Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it would be better for Sam,Phil,Grant to share memories and things like that after the funeral at home late at night just the 3 of them for a whole episode. Then towards the end the long version of Julias theme begins and then we see pictures of the Queen Vic Sharon walking down bridge street looking up into the sky. Kathy closing the curtains and Shirley having a drink of vodka and toasting Peggy then the credits start and it's the end of an Era. A peaceful ending. That's only a thought of mine but I think it would be quite touching.
  • Options
    AshMan123AshMan123 Posts: 5,523
    Forum Member
    I think it would be better for Sam,Phil,Grant to share memories and things like that after the funeral at home late at night just the 3 of them for a whole episode. Then towards the end the long version of Julias theme begins and then we see pictures of the Queen Vic Sharon walking down bridge street looking up into the sky. Kathy closing the curtains and Shirley having a drink of vodka and toasting Peggy then the credits start and it's the end of an Era. A peaceful ending. That's only a thought of mine but I think it would be quite touching.

To be fair that's not a bad idea at all
  • Options
    Menime123Menime123 Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do think they have missed a trick by not having Sam, Phil, Grant and Peggy back all in one scene. It's clichéd, but they should all be there at the very end around her bed. As a fan it's a little frustrating knowing they're all back but that they'll never all share a scene together.

It works in the context of the story that Sam wouldn't be there, as Peggy nor Phil know Grant is on his way back, and Peggy isn't going to let Grant returning get in the way of her plans. But frustrating nonetheless.

As great as it has been, it does feel a tad rushed on screen. Obviously Babs committed to a small number of shooting days, and TPTB are using this as a catalyst for other stories. But as a fan I don't see why Peggy couldn't survive until Friday.