Options

Hollyoaks E4 Daily 18/05/16 @ 7pm | Myra v Sally and Pete attacks John Paul!

124»

Comments

• Options
    DJ JimmyDJ Jimmy Posts: 7,166
    Forum Member
    Mixed
    camy934 wrote: »
    http://www.channel4.com/programmes/hollyoaks-20-years-young/on-demand/50651-216
    - Just to add this to the list. Fright Night is the best episode of Hollyoaks ever. Silas was at his ultimate creepy best. I really miss these days, such a different show compared to the dross we're getting now. The original Silas and Lynsey storyline is one of the best the show has ever done in my opinion.

Wonderful episode. Thanks for the link. :)
  • Options
    ChelseaEllieChelseaEllie Posts: 16,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm an open book. I don't have secrets!! *Madness crosses her fingers behind her back & looks demure* :p:blush::D;-)

lol we all know Snuggles was code for Freddie
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im really confused as to why Sally who hasnt shown a second of interest in JP in 30 years suddenly is calling him, her son and stalking him, Myra raised him alone, no child support no emotional support and now Sally thinks she knows best and keeps butting in, didnt JP matter at any time in the last 30 years
  • Options
    Marianne_321Marianne_321 Posts: 25,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mixed
    DJ Jimmy wrote: »
    Not quite.

In Hollyoaks, they always claim to want to hide their secrets. But you couldn't wait to shout about 'the perks of our loving relationship' :D

Woof woof! :p

Hahaha!! So true, I couldn't help myself Wonky!! I thought people needed to know!! :p;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mixed
    lol we all know Snuggles was code for Freddie

:o:o:o

Just because Daniel Sharman is code for Freddie in your book, it really doesn't apply to me & the love God Snuggles!! :p

Snuggles will forever hold a special place for me & I have many fond memories discussing his many attributes on here my lovely!! :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mixed
    Im really confused as to why Sally who hasnt shown a second of interest in JP in 30 years suddenly is calling him, her son and stalking him, Myra raised him alone, no child support no emotional support and now Sally thinks she knows best and keeps butting in, didnt JP matter at any time in the last 30 years

I think we're supposed to believe that Sally being transgender kept her away from possible family thinking she wouldn't be accepted for who she was. She did afterall have to leave her other school when it became knowledge. She wanted to get to know her son & when the opportunity to work at the same school as her son came she thought it was a good way for him to get to know her without revealing herself outright. Eventually she wanted to finally tell him, but Myra stopped her as well as JP saying he didn't need a dad. In today's ep, her concern for JP after being punched over rid everything & brought out her protective instincts & made her blurt it out!!

Obviously there are holes in the plot line but that I think is the way we're supposed to view the situation from Sally's perspective!!
  • Options
    attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes
    camy934 wrote: »
    http://www.channel4.com/programmes/hollyoaks-20-years-young/on-demand/50651-216
    - Just to add this to the list. Fright Night is the best episode of Hollyoaks ever. Silas was at his ultimate creepy best. I really miss these days, such a different show compared to the dross we're getting now. The original Silas and Lynsey storyline is one of the best the show has ever done in my opinion.

I miss those days too, when Hollyoaks and Waterloo Road were my two favourite shows. Hollyoaks in the past has proved it can be a really good soap, better than the other 3, and Fright Night was one of those episodes that really made you go to to the edge of your seat, like the siege in Emmerdale a few years ago.
    Hahaha!! So true, I couldn't help myself Wonky!! I thought people needed to know!! :p;-)

Most people already know the in's and outs :D;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think we're supposed to believe that Sally being transgender kept her away from possible family thinking she wouldn't be accepted for who she was. She did afterall have to leave her other school when it became knowledge. She wanted to get to know her son & when the opportunity to work at the same school as her son came she thought it was a good way for him to get to know her without revealing herself outright. Eventually she wanted to finally tell him, but Myra stopped her as well as JP saying he didn't need a dad. In today's ep, her concern for JP after being punched over rid everything & brought out her protective instincts & made her blurt it out!!

Obviously there are holes in the plot line but that I think is the way we're supposed to view the situation from Sally's perspective!!

I get that when Sally was Ian, he felt he was wrong, and wanted to be what he really believed himself to be, but he left Myra to bring up a child they both created alone
    and wow 30 years later feels ready to be part of JPs life, well sorry being present for the genetic transfer doesnt make you a parent, being there as he cried to sleep, helping him read, deal with Craig, all his life hes been ignored, by his father, and yes his father had things to deal with, but why would JP ever call Sally dad because suddenly Sally wants part of his life, Myra was both mother and father to him
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :o:o:o

Just because Daniel Sharman is code for Freddie in your book, it really doesn't apply to me & the love God Snuggles!! :p

Snuggles will forever hold a special place for me & I have many fond memories discussing his many attributes on here my lovely!! :D:D

My darling we all know you love Freddie, you cant go past B&Q without popping in to look at the wood dept to help feel close to him
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Sally then Ian thought that solving the downstairs affairs was the top and only priority, nothing else mattered. That out of the way she started her new life and she found out after a while that something was missing. She was lonely and children bring joy to one's life and keep one busy, too. And she realised she did have a child and that it was her only shot at having her own one. So she thought she could rebuild the burnt bridges. That's about a gist of it. Myra is not amused, she needed her help sooner, not now.
  • Options
    spikewomanspikewoman Posts: 12,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I get that when Sally was Ian, he felt he was wrong, and wanted to be what he really believed himself to be, but he left Myra to bring up a child they both created alone
    and wow 30 years later feels ready to be part of JPs life, well sorry being present for the genetic transfer doesnt make you a parent, being there as he cried to sleep, helping him read, deal with Craig, all his life hes been ignored, by his father, and yes his father had things to deal with, but why would JP ever call Sally dad because suddenly Sally wants part of his life, Myra was both mother and father to him

Firstly I'm glad they've done the reveal to the characters sooner rather than later otherwise we'd have ended up with everyone bar JP knowing the truth especially with Scott's big gob.

Whilst I see what you're saying, Chelsea, we've got to ask ourselves is JP better off thinking that his dad is a total waster (forgot the guy's name sorry) or finding out that your real father has had an epiphany and really does care?

Wouldn't it make Sally worse if she continued not to care? Whilst JP owes Myra a lot and Sally nothing isn't it harsh of Myra to deny JP the chance to know his "father" and have somebody else on his side? I can understand why Myra said nothing whilst the putative dad was still around (he is the father of Michaela the youngest too isn't he?) once he was gone and gone for good she could have said something. There again when would you bring it up?

Myra's biggest fear is that JP might turn against her for lying and in the short term he is going to be absolutely fuming with both Myra and Sally but we all know this won't last. I'm actually hoping that long term we see some comedy gold between Myra and Sally as they used to be bezzie mates and JP is at least the product of two people that cared for each other albeit via a silly fumble and fling.
  • Options
    WilkimaniaWilkimania Posts: 1,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Watching those older Silas episodes and some from the first Kirkwood run got me wondering, was there someone on the show before that used to filter out the bad ideas before it reached the show runners that is no longer working on the show?
  • Options
    AEC2600AEC2600 Posts: 2,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mixed
    Wilkimania wrote: »
    Watching those older Silas episodes and some from the first Kirkwood run got me wondering, was there someone on the show before that used to filter out the bad ideas before it reached the show runners that is no longer working on the show?

Probably yes . I think when kirkwood was in charge last time he was simply "producer" rather then "executive producer" . He's also the director of drama at lime now as well, Open to correction on all this though.
  • Options
    GoosebeeGoosebee Posts: 5,293
    Forum Member
    No
    So only just watched this episode- but excluding the giant plot holes I actually quite liked this episode. I feel like Mercedes has actually developed somewhat. I even quite like Freddie and Joe in this and found them quite good. They're growing on me now the Lindsey stuff is over and the Roacoes have been trimmed down. Also really impressed with Nathan.
  • Options
    spikewomanspikewoman Posts: 12,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Goosebee wrote: »
    So only just watched this episode- but excluding the giant plot holes I actually quite liked this episode. I feel like Mercedes has actually developed somewhat. I even quite like Freddie and Joe in this and found them quite good. They're growing on me now the Lindsey stuff is over and the Roacoes have been trimmed down. Also really impressed with Nathan.

I'm liking Mercedes' evolution too but I'm really not holding breath that it will last. Mercedes, and also Ste, are playing a huge game of snakes and ladders where there are rather more snakes than ladders and they just keep slithering back to square one.