Options

Miranda series 4

Comments

• Options
    ICON111ICON111 Posts: 3,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not one of the show's best episode but Miranda Hart still brings in the humour that only she can do so well. I'm quite sad she and Gary have found different people. Gary's face at the end seems like he is unhappy Miranda has moved on. :( I have my doubts about Miranda's new boyfriend. He is a news reporter and he may be dating Miranda for a news story about dysfunctional people like Miranda. I hope I am wrong though.
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What was Tilly doing at the end pouring down her dress?
  • Options
    penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Miranda but it didn't work for me tonight. Too many characters?
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JamieHT wrote: »
    What was Tilly doing at the end pouring down her dress?

She was pouring custard down and doing star jumps, she said earlier in the episode that if Miranda manages to get a boyfriend for the surprise party she would do it, she obviously thought it wouldn't happen.

Anyway thought it was quite a poor episode tonight, had a few funny moments though, hope it improves in the coming episodes.
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a great episode but I did enjoy the scene in the poncey boutique.
  • Options
    theiatheia Posts: 1,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eraserhead wrote: »
    Not a great episode but I did enjoy the scene in the poncey boutique.

So did I!
  • Options
    sheff71sheff71 Posts: 8,286
    Forum Member
    Not seen Miranda before today (having watched the Boxing Day ep on iplayer, and then tonight's)... is that what usually goes on - seemed a bit all over the shop, some funny lines here and there, but a bit hit and miss?
  • Options
    cuzacuza Posts: 1,745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a fan of Miranda, but! What the hell! I don't mind a bit of silliness, but there's silly and there's just bloody stupid. Who the hell would behave like that? She's coming across as borderline mentally ill for God's sake.
  • Options
    oldhagoldhag Posts: 2,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved tonight's episode - wasn't keen on last weeks.

So, there you go something for everyone!:D
  • Options
    Kayjay2405Kayjay2405 Posts: 886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cuza wrote: »
    I'm a fan of Miranda, but! What the hell! I don't mind a bit of silliness, but there's silly and there's just bloody stupid. Who the hell would behave like that? She's coming across as borderline mentally ill for God's sake.

I agree, my 12 year old and me have always loved Miranda but even we felt it was too stupid to be comical tonight. I really hope the series improves or it'll lose me as a viewer :(
  • Options
    ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    I didn't think this week's was as funny as the Boxing Day episode. This just seemed a little bit too silly although there were still some hilarious moments.

I have to say that I think that Mike seems far more suited to Miranda than Gary. Gary has a habit of finding himself in somebody else's bed when things don't go his way and he's far too cool for Miranda whereas Mike strikes me as being a bit geeky. Let's hope he isn't messing her around.

And what happened to Clive?
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought the scene in the clothes shop was hilarious.

I'm rather liking Mirachael. Gary's become a bit wet lately. He's losing his sex appeal.

Tilly's probably my favourite character, and I'm glad she's being involved more, but her role feels a bit confused now. Not sure quite where she fits in? She sort of alternates between hanging out with with Stevie and Miranda's mum. Preferred it when she was engaged and being obnoxious.
  • Options
    theiatheia Posts: 1,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm loving miranda's mum.
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cuza wrote: »

I did think, when the police officers arrested her, that she'd be sectioned for acting like that. It's a fine balance between stupidity and madness and getting it just right has been the key to the series.

I enjoyed it when I was watching it at the time but after watching Mrs. Brown Miranda seemed quite poor in comparison; it was just too over the top. :o:(
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That perky little blonde is horrifyingly irritating, is that her function?

Her function's to be a perky little blonde ...and she does that very well.
  • Options
    XIVXIV Posts: 21,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did start slow but picked up throughout the episode, did laugh at bopping shopping, think it was a jab at certain clothes retailers.

Watching this and Mrs Brown makes me wonder whether they should do a Comic Relief sketch with both characters although how it would work I do not know.

Also, did notice that the location scene are in Kingston Upon Thames in this week and last week's episode, always weird to see towns you know on the television.
  • Options
    ganderpoke66ganderpoke66 Posts: 2,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few too many instances of Miranda falling off things but enjoyable none the less and not a rude word to be heard, apart from truncheon, which isn't really rude at all.
  • Options
    XIVXIV Posts: 21,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few too many instances of Miranda falling off things but enjoyable none the less and not a rude word to be heard, apart from truncheon, which isn't really rude at all.

They did use the words tits up and in Series 1, she said the word shit which was odd as it was broadcast at 8.30pm on BBC Two and BBC One.
  • Options
    Dan06Dan06 Posts: 1,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An improvement over last week's episode
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    I thought it was very funny, surprised how many people are complaining that they felt it was silly and ott. When was this show anything less? :D
  • Options
    scotchscotch Posts: 10,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jonwo wrote: »

Also, did notice that the location scene are in Kingston Upon Thames in this week and last week's episode, always weird to see towns you know on the television.

-Thank-you. I recognised the location, but couldn't place it, been bugging me :)

I enjoyed it for the most part.
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Are people seriously complaining that it was too 'silly'? It's a sitcom. Yes it's OTT, yes it's completely unbelievable, that's what makes it funny. I thought it was brilliant, and I'm probably one of the few people that finds Miranda funnier than Mrs Brown's Boys which relies a bit too heavily on crudeness to get laughs IMO (even though I still enjoy it).
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    -Sid- wrote: »
    Thought the scene in the clothes shop was hilarious.

That was great.

"Stop bopping! We are shopping, not bopping!"

Also loved her 'anecdote' about the curtains and "do you want a bit of this?!" - it's just that kind of silly humour that really tickles me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't get in to series 4 at all. Miranda has gone from being quirky to borderline mentally ill.

I know it's only comedy, and really silly comedy at that, but the laughs in this series seem to be far more contrived and forced than in the previous series.
  • Options
    RacheletteRachelette Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved it, much LOLing in our house!