Options

john lewis price match

John Lewis are asking £1399 for a Panasonic TH37PX60 CAB with 5 year guarantee and free delivery.
Sound & Vision ask £1080 and if you buy at the shop in Farnworth also give a 5 year warranty.
I asked John Lewis to PRice Match but they refused as the Sound & Vision TV was not on display. They would give no other explanation!
On the phone Sound & Vision say £1080 is in-store price with guarantee or on-line without guarantee!
Can anyone throw any light on this - ordirect me to a similar deals.
Farnworth is about 250 miles from me!
Thanks.
Geoff

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe the distance is relevant to whether they will price match?
  • Options
    jeffersbnljeffersbnl Posts: 4,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No its not the distance- it must be on display with the price you want them to match. The price match policy can vary slightly from store to store
  • Options
    fixermanfixerman Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jeffersbnl wrote:
    No its not the distance- it must be on display with the price you want them to match. The price match policy can vary slightly from store to store

I'm sure that the pricematch must be with an exact comparison in the local area.
  • Options
    meltcitymeltcity Posts: 2,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Technically you are right.

According to JL's Never Knowingly Undersold leaflet:
    The branch checks the prices of shops in the local area that customers might realistically cover during a single shopping trip. Details of the area covered are available on request from Customer Services in your local branch.

If we find another shop within this area selling at a lower price the same product that is part of our own standard offer, the branch will lower its shelf price to match. As a result all our customers benefit from the lower price, not only those who spot the difference.

However I'm pretty sure my brother got them to pricematch his TV to a shop which wasn't in the local area. Go figure!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    The 'local' issue is that they will lower the price in-store if it is found cheaper locally.
    They will match the price of any store in the uk if you ask them they just won'tadvertise the tv at that price.

FYI Friend of mine bought a tv from the Reading store and quoted Sound and Vison and got the price match (£600 off).

The deal is that it has to be on display in the store. If Sound and Vison would have to order it then they can claim it is more of an on-line offer and do not price match.

Hope that helps.