Options

Misfits is absolutely atrocious lol!

Comments

• Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Caligula75 wrote: »
    The 'romance' in the show is completely unexpected. Kelly and Nathan don't get it on. Alisha and Curtis just fade out - no drama or hysteria. And we've still got to see how they'll pull off Simon and Alisha. I'm confident it won't be some cheesy, happily ever after fairy tale.

The Simon/Alisha thing is interesting.
    Her influence and the things that happen to them changes Simon into the man she'll fall in love with, gives him confidence etc.

At the moment she's not attracted to him, but she's somehow going to and has to, change him.
    I've not even thought about the happy ever after bit, I'm waiting for the journey that they're both going to go on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    Its one of those programmes that I literally don't know whats going to happen while watching an episode. For example the last episode featured a man whose 'power' was to turn into a gorilla. It just came completely out of nowhere and although I didn't really like the plot, it still had me guessing all the way through :D

Sorry to correct you. But it was sort of the opposite:
    A gorilla who had been transformed into a man; it's only when he got shot that he turned back into a gorilla in his dying moments.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Misfits is a great sci-fi/fantasy show; every week it's interesting, funny and surprising. I utterly hate the shows about horrible indie kids' non-drama like Skins; I don't know how this can even be compared to it, unless possibly because they both have young adults in them? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Caligula75Caligula75 Posts: 1,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've not even thought about the happy ever after bit, I'm waiting for the journey that they're both going to go on.

I didn't express myself right...I'm fascinated about how Simon and Alisha will come together, seeing how he has yet to truly show any signs of being Future Simon, albeit losing his virginity and being more and more accepted by the gang will clearly boost his confidence. But it's obvious that when Alisha looks at Simon she's desperately trying to recognise the one she fell in love with.

I love that the future Simon was created - the viewers are now privvy to a 'secret' and we have something to look forward to. How does the creepy geek and slapper fall in love? And having already seen the denouement, we know that it's a serious love affair. Hence the passionate love scene - not the typical hormonal hump that we've so far seen.

I could go on and on about the nuances of Misfits' characters and stories. I was a Film Studies student in the mid-nineties - that's my excuse.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think you need to see it from the start to be honest, i can see that it would be abit weird otherwise lol

i love simon
  • Options
    AndyB2007AndyB2007 Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    masterquan wrote: »
    Your opinion is so wrong it's appalling. The UK finally has a science fiction drama it can be proud of.
    But seeing that awfulness like doctor who , boring repetitive unimaginative tripe like downtown abby and stupid reality tele are the britsh public's most popular shows I can see why a clever and entertaining show like this won't be appreciated so much.

I actually liked Downton Abbey. Lark Rise is a bit naff (never understood the gushing over it). Julia Sawalha's good though in it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,287
    Forum Member
    Gorki247 wrote: »
    Sorry to correct you. But it was sort of the opposite:
    A gorilla who had been transformed into a man; it's only when he got shot that he turned back into a gorilla in his dying moments.

Lol, thanks for the correction :D thats what I meant :p
  • Options
    BlocFFCBlocFFC Posts: 2,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see how anyone can hate it, it's well acted, well scripted, the balance of comedy and drama is perfect, it doesn't take itself too seriously and the plots and characters are actually intruiging. It is without doubt the best show I have seen on TV in a long, long time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    couldn't agree more, the beauty of this programme is that you have no idea of where it is heading, I think it's an inspiring piece of writing.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Thanks, but no thanks.
    Think I've seen enough based on your other post.
    It's an E4 show. 'Nuff said. ;)

Just had a look, title and block of text, definitely no thanks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    b1zzer wrote: »
    what exactly does all that waffle mean ? :confused:

That he doesn't like Misfits. Nothing more.
  • Options
    RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People have different opinions lol!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flobadob wrote: »
    That he doesn't like Misfits. Nothing more.
    doesn't like T4 or C4 more like, just a self promotion his own blog :rolleyes:
  • Options
    MrBingMrBing Posts: 2,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's actually quite depressing that a fresh, original, well-written/directed/acted show is being dismissed as 'atrocious' by someone who's seen one episode out of context. :rolleyes:

Misfits is as someone else said, is a sci-fi drama the UK can be proud of. The comparisons to Skins are totally pretentious and clearly people have no idea what they are talking about when comparing the two.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MrBing wrote: »
    It's actually quite depressing that a fresh, original, well-written/directed/acted show is being dismissed as 'atrocious' by someone who's seen one episode out of context. :rolleyes:

Misfits is as someone else said, is a sci-fi drama the UK can be proud of. The comparisons to Skins are totally pretentious and clearly people have no idea what they are talking about when comparing the two.

According to someone else on here it's all about Zombies and Monsters, no idea what these people were watching.

Edit: Not that there's anything wrong with good bit of drama involving Zombies and Monsters.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to someone else on here it's all about Zombies and Monsters, no idea what these people were watching.

Edit: Not that there's anything wrong with good bit of drama involving Zombies and Monsters.

what, I missed the the zombies and monsters, bugger
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its terrible
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its terrible

nice educated comment :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nice educated comment :rolleyes:

Yeah well i just don't get what people see in it

Plus i didn't read the thread
    apologies

but yeah its terrible
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah well i just don't get what people see in it

Plus i didn't read the thread
    apologies

but yeah its terrible

But I would suggest you read the thread, and if you still think its terrible then explain why. if you still don't "get it" then fair enough, but an of the cuff comment doesn't come across too well. plus I'm interested to know how many episodes you have watched

rgds
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But I would suggest you read the thread, and if you still think its terrible then explain why. if you still don't "get it" then fair enough, but an of the cuff comment doesn't come across too well. plus I'm interested to know how many episodes you have watched

rgds

I watched the whole of the first series and gave it a real chance and i WANTED to like it
    I just couldn't see how anybody could

but fair enough
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Misfits has done exactly what it set out to do and that is get people talking. Its been a long time since a word of mouth show like this took off in such a big way. I have a big eclectic taste in T.V. but i love this show. I like it that the powers are really just a veichle for the situations that they get themselves into. I like the fact they swear, they are rude, they are angry, but also that they show a balanced emotional side too. As this does seem to be the way modern society is going. You can just imagine the 5 of them in the student riots!!
    As for those who don't like it you are welcome to your opinion, but A) why not turn it off, and B) why do you feel it needed to come on a forum and try to poison others against it.
    I hope this show continues to grow, it seems like the writers have a long term plan with it, and obviously have a view of where it will go and how the charachters will develop, rather than the unfortunate way that Heroes went following the writers strike where they had to re-write and fly by the seat of their pants (thats where it went wrong, and people stopped caring).
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am a massive fan, I think it's brilliant - the script is very good