Annie Lennox - ''A Christmas Cornucopia''

molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
Forum Member
✭✭
I've listened to this album & I do like it, however there's something very odd about it...a good odd perhaps but I can't quite put my finger on it. For example, in 'Lullay Lullay' & ''God rest ye merry gentlemen'', there is a very haunting quality to it but kind of weird. I can't describe, I guess basically this album is a very 'love or loathe' style one.

The most unique Xmas album i've heard!

Comments

• Mr. FahrenheitMr. Fahrenheit Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    I agree.

It's nice, not very festive, but it does sound good.:)
  • molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Annie was on Loose Women today, lovely lady and very educated!
  • marc822marc822 Posts: 3,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont find this album christmassy at all. Apart from the words there is nothing else.
    Cyndi lauper merry christmas have a nice life is more christmassy and so is jewels holiday album.
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thinking of buying this, been looking at some of it on YT.
  • JessTheCatJessTheCat Posts: 1,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw the video for God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen on TOTP2 yesterday. I know what you mean about weird!

I really liked it but there was Annie and the musicians singing about 'comfort and joy' but I was thinking - 'I wouldn't want to bump into them to be honest'!

Will try and have a listen to the rest of it over Christmas - it sounded pretty good to me

:)
  • molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JessTheCat wrote: »
    Saw the video for God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen on TOTP2 yesterday. I know what you mean about weird!

I really liked it but there was Annie and the musicians singing about 'comfort and joy' but I was thinking - 'I wouldn't want to bump into them to be honest'!

Will try and have a listen to the rest of it over Christmas - it sounded pretty good to me

:)

Yes! I thought that too! Very eerie, although it works with Annie (i.e. the 'no more i love yous' video etc).

One thing I didn't understand Annie say (and this was just last week on an interview) she said she loves Lady Gaga's vocal/style of songs etc but doesn't get the need to dress and behave the way she does within the music (i.e. tours and music videos i guess?) but correct me if i'm wrong, Annie always led that kind of image-profound career...very much so in the 80s with the eurythmics and even more so when she went solo. Mind you, there are different levels of extreme but found that kind of odd coming from her.