Options

I have Brought Gamu song

titfortattitfortat Posts: 9,126
Forum Member
I hope it does well as its for chairty and Gamu is not making a penny its all going to the kids. Its a bad song but so is feed the world.

Comments

• Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    titfortat wrote: »
    I hope it does well as its for chairty and Gamu is not making a penny its all going to the kids. Its a bad song but so is feed the world.

Where did you bring it?? :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just bought a sandwich from sainsbury's. it tastes good.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    I BROUGHT myself to read this post, just to post this comment.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Hay, dont mean mean, I used to always get "brought" and "bought" muddled up!!

Brought- to BRing something

Bought- To Buy something

thats how I remember it
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hay, dont mean mean, I used to always get "brought" and "bought" muddled up!!

Brought- to BRing something

Bought- To Buy something

thats how I remember it

Oh thank you, I didn't know that myself tehe lol.

The song is auto tuned to the max, I wouldn't buy it.
  • Options
    LMAOLMAO Posts: 3,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    titfortat wrote: »

So you bought a record you don`t like and you are not sure your money all went to the charity and you did this because??

If you want to donate to the charity, send them money, then you know they get it all & you are not stuck with a crappy record.

I totally don`t get it when people say...Its a terrible song but its ok its for charity, why is that ok?????
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,442
    Forum Member
    It is a terrible song, the vocals are almost as bad. I wouldn't buy it.

And if you think Gamu isn't getting anything from doing this, she might not be getting paid but the girl is smart and she knows it is good exposure for her, gets her into the charts - which makes her a better commodity, means she can negotiate a better deal with any company who tries sign her.

Maybe it is my cynical outlook on the world but I don't think she would have done it out the goodness of her own heart if there was nothing at all in it for her.
  • Options
    thorrthorr Posts: 2,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And if you think Gamu isn't getting anything from doing this, she might not be getting paid but the girl is smart and she knows it is good exposure for her, gets her into the charts - which makes her a better commodity, means she can negotiate a better deal with any company who tries sign her.

Maybe it is my cynical outlook on the world but I don't think she would have done it out the goodness of her own heart if there was nothing at all in it for her.

What a shame about such cynicism! Do we apply this logic to every charity record ever released? Maybe it is the charity exploiting the situation - as far as I know this recording was done a number of years ago - before Gamu's X-Factor appearance. Does it really matter - if money is going to a worthy cause - fantastic effort to all those involved.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thorr wrote: »
    Does it really matter - if money is going to a worthy cause - fantastic effort to all those involved.

It SHOULD matter, what is it with this mentality of "its for charity so its ok to be crap"?

Its like how charity Xmas cards used to always be really crappy, some so bad you wouldn`t really wanna see them kicking around the house for a couple of weeks, but, aww its for charity so thats ok & is ok for charities to be linked to 2nd class shoddy goods.

Even the charities themselves must have realised that isn`t an image they need, most charity xmas cards nowadays are awesome. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Do yoiu know what I could not remeber what one was what, And I know the forum spelling police are never far away :p

So yes I BOUGHT Gamu's song as I felt it was sweet what they are trying to do. Time are tough for everyone bar of course Simon Cowell and I hope it makes some money for people who really need it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LMAO wrote: »
    It SHOULD matter, what is it with this mentality of "its for charity so its ok to be crap"?

Its like how charity Xmas cards used to always be really crappy, some so bad you wouldn`t really wanna see them kicking around the house for a couple of weeks, but, aww its for charity so thats ok & is ok for charities to be linked to 2nd class shoddy goods.

Even the charities themselves must have realised that isn`t an image they need, most charity xmas cards nowadays are awesome. ;)

Yes cus they are spending the money on something a lot more worth while. Lets face it if they wanted too they could of got Gamu to rerecord the song drafted in a good song writer. And prob made a really good record, But its not about that its about helping the homeless. Plus its a £1
  • Options
    tommygunnertommygunner Posts: 4,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gamu really ought to do a charity single to raise funds for purchasing bulletproof vests for men and women on combat duty abroad.
  • Options
    marc822marc822 Posts: 3,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whos Gamu. She wasnt in the competition.
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So you bought a record you don`t like and you are not sure your money all went to the charity and you did this because??

If you want to donate to the charity, send them money, then you know they get it all & you are not stuck with a crappy record.

I totally don`t get it when people say...Its a terrible song but its ok its for charity, why is that ok?????

Nothing in the OP's post implied that they didn't think all their money went to the charity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

At the time Gamu recorded the song, she was unknown outside her local community, and she couldn't have expected the song to get a wide audience.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing in the OP's post implied that they didn't think all their money went to the charity.

Says she hopes Gamu isn`t making a penny from it & its all going to the kids.
  • Options
    spoonfulofsensespoonfulofsense Posts: 2,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I brought it too, brought it to immigration as evidence of an illegal immigrant working in the UK.

calm down lefties it's a joke.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    marc822 wrote: »
    Whos Gamu. She wasnt in the competition.

That's what the production team want us to think - Gamu erased from X Factor history!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Says she hopes Gamu isn`t making a penny from it & its all going to the kids.

No, she states as a fact that Gamu isn't making a penny from it and it's all going to the kids. The hope she expressed is that the single would do well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, she states as a fact that Gamu isn't making a penny from it and it's all going to the kids. The hope she expressed is that the single would do well.

Could be read either way really...I stand corrected if that is how it was meant, but I also stand by the fact that if you want to give money to a charity you consider worthy, you don`t need to buy a crappy record to do it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could be read either way really....

It couldn't. If the OP was meaning what you suggested, then they expressed it wrongly.
  • Options
    marc822marc822 Posts: 3,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So where did she chart, after all the public moaning on about her not getting through on x-factor, she releases a song and all the moaners dont even buy it. what a farce!!
  • Options
    Chisato GeesteChisato Geeste Posts: 20,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It reached the giddy heights of number 122.

As usual people created loads of fuss about the early exit of a contestant and then don't bother to support their output.
  • Options
    PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    It reached the giddy heights of number 122.

As usual people created loads of fuss about the early exit of a contestant and then don't bother to support their output.

Because, to be honest, she wasn't as good as they made her out to be.
  • Options
    bunnyintheboxbunnyinthebox Posts: 1,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paparazzo wrote: »
    Because, to be honest, she wasn't as good as they made her out to be.

Who is the 'they' you refer to? The DS FMs who liked Gamu? The Judges who failed to put her through to the live shows? Who is this 'they' who made her out to be better than she was?

Oh, its was LOTS of people who thought she would probably go on and win X factor. They thought she was that good, but according to you 'they' are all deluded deaf idiots, including two judges who thought she would win.