Options

Angela Griffin = Angela & Friends Sky 1

2»

Comments

• Options
    NativeMoonNativeMoon Posts: 6,149
    Forum Member
    Danslink wrote: »
    It's a really down to earth and natural show.

I agree. Angela & Friends makes a nice change - it's a lot of fun for a start! Glad to see the show is being extended. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't like the show, but I like her for some reason and I want her to do well. I dunno, she comes across as a really nice person who puts you at ease. She's quite pretty too.
  • Options
    angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I'm not from Birmingham lol and I do get your point - until someone points something out to you how are you supposed to know? The thing is, Angela is a lot older than 26 and is still mispronouncing it, let alone the fact there must be loads of people in the studio who know that she is saying it wrongly but haven't corrected her. :confused:

I like Angela and don't usually bother about this kind of thing, but it does grate on me in this instance.

Going slightly off track, it's like when Jo Frost on Supernanny used to say that a certain behaviour was 'unasetable'...I wanted to scream UNACCEPTABLE!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    I love watching Angela & Friends, it's one of the few programmes on TV that I record and watch every day.
    I didn't know of Angela before but I think she's really down to earth and friendly.
  • Options
    ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    It's back on the 22nd? on at 2:30 as the shows only gonna be an hour now
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    The thing that drives me mad about it is that Angela constantly pronounces Sky HD as Sky HAITCH D - surely someone should have let her know by now that there is no such letter as haitch.

That's what I find irritating too but so many TV presenters do the same - Dermot O'Leary being one example!

Somebody in the production team should let Angela know that 'H' is pronounced 'aitch' without emphasis on the 'H' itself.
  • Options
    phasersphasers Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would H be pronounced "aitch"? That doesn't even sound like the letter it's spelling. I pronounce it "Haich" as well, maybe you lot are wrong?
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's generally considered that the original and correct pronunciation is 'aitch' not 'haitch', although the latter has crept into wider use.

People who pronounce H as 'haitch' is a bugbear of mine!! A bit of a pedantic thing perhaps, but it's incorrect. A lot of younger presenters of a certain age tend to do it.
  • Options
    DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    Series one is over!
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    phasers wrote: »
    Why would H be pronounced "aitch"? That doesn't even sound like the letter it's spelling. I pronounce it "Haich" as well, maybe you lot are wrong?

Does a 'Z' in a word produce a 'zed' sound? Does a 'W' produce a 'double-U' sound?

No! 'Aitch' is definitely the correct way to say it.
  • Options
    DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    Pronunciation has nothing to do with Sarah Cawood...okay?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Danslink wrote: »
    Series one is over!

And series two is back in two weeks:D
  • Options
    samusek2samusek2 Posts: 3,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks like an interesting show. I have always lied Angela ever since her days on Coronation Street. It looks like a welcome alternative to Loose Women.

I checked out the website for the second time in a few months. The Profiles section is interesting. Is it my imagination or has there been a lot of turn around? Profiles that were there last month are not there anymore. and I'm sure some of her "friends" have disappeared from the site.

I wonder if there will be any turnaround for Series 2?
  • Options
    samusek2samusek2 Posts: 3,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am just curious. Is this show ever going to come back or has it already been cancelled? Haven't heard much about it lately and can't find any news items about it.
  • Options
    doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    Don't know but she is doing the red carpet thing again at the Golden Globes on Sky Premiere early Monday morning.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone with a twitter account should ask her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    samusek2 wrote: »
    I am just curious. Is this show ever going to come back or has it already been cancelled? Haven't heard much about it lately and can't find any news items about it.

At the moment there are no plans to bring it back.
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeh its been cancelled, shes been lobbying people on twitter to get in touch with sky 1 to bring the show back