the kate bush appreciation thread

Comments

• silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i dont know that spoof?? dont think i wanna either lol.

but yeah listen around, it's like Kick Inside Part 2 but Kick Inside is stronger overall!

i'd say -

The Kick Inside - 5/5
    Lionheart - 4/5
    Never For Ever - 4.5/5
    Hounds Of Love - 5/5
    The Sensual World - 5/5
    The Red Shoes (TBA)
    &
    Aerial - 4/5

if that puts it into perspective :cool:

I'd give Hounds 10/10 (Cloudbusting/Ninth Wave!) compared 8/10 to The Kick Inside but I get your point :)

Click at your peril!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure whose handling her publicity at the moment but these snippets of information we keep getting about potential new releases/material contain some seriously inaccurate inaccuracy's.

On the first press release we got the comment - '' her last album was 'Ariel' ''

and I've just read the latest press release (curtsey of remembertheeighties.com)

'KATE BUSH is rumoured to be releasing new material this year as well being expected to re-issue her first four albums; 'The Dreaming', 'Hounds Of Love', 'The Sensual World' and 'The Red Shoes'. :confused::confused:

kinda get the feeling someone's having a laugh..
  • mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lil lexie wrote: »
    I'm not sure whose handling her publicity at the moment but these snippets of information we keep getting about potential new releases/material contain some seriously inaccurate inaccuracy's.

On the first press release we got the comment - '' her last album was 'Ariel' ''

and I've just read the latest press release (curtsey of remembertheeighties.com)

'KATE BUSH is rumoured to be releasing new material this year as well being expected to re-issue her first four albums; 'The Dreaming', 'Hounds Of Love', 'The Sensual World' and 'The Red Shoes'. :confused::confused:

kinda get the feeling someone's having a laugh..

Those are ghastly inaccuracies! Is it an official source..?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    mr muggles wrote: »
    Those are ghastly inaccuracies! Is it an official source..?

I dunno if that remembertheeighties.com quote was lifted from anything official but I suspect it might have been, though I wondering where these people are getting their information from, they're obviously KB lightweights.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    silentNate wrote: »
    I'd give Hounds 10/10 (Cloudbusting/Ninth Wave!) compared 8/10 to The Kick Inside but I get your point :)

Click at your peril!

HOW DARE YOU!!! so funny though :D
  • digit aldigit al Posts: 1,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    silentNate wrote: »
    Didn't want to start a new thread but thinking of getting a copy of Lionheart but I've heard it is dire- rush released to cash in on her success and one of her worst albums. Is this correct? :)

All responses welcomed, posted here to get fan's opinion :)

the rushed release bit is probably true and the material is probably stuff kate had lying around (surplus from the kick inside) but it works! Wow is iconic and evokes a real sense of story telling, others i like are in the warm room, kashka from baghdad and hammer horror.
    i'd get it.....kate's second little album still kicks the ass of most major players in terms of pure originality, talent and a sense of things to follow!:)
    oh, coffee homeground is also ace!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lil lexie wrote: »
    I dunno if that remembertheeighties.com quote was lifted from anything official but I suspect it might have been, though I wondering where these people are getting their information from, they're obviously KB lightweights.

inded..... and given that EMI is now fully owned by an American bank i wonder if this will scupper any plans for a new release under them.
    could Kate's next album be an independent release?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a note posted on Del palmers facebook page.....

http://www.facebook.com/katebush3#!/pages/Del-Palmer/180855828615748.....

Brian Bath was in the K T Bush band (and has worked with Kate on and off for years)....can we read anything into this?!? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    had meant to add that Kevin McAlea has also worked with Kate, he toured with her on the tour of life and contributed to hounds of love......including this one!

waking the witch
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSwBtWA3eP4
  • zoundszounds Posts: 10,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alphan's latest remix :)

Nevertheless You'll do
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.musicchartheaven.com/kbush/bushdisc.htm

the above is a link to an interesting little site that tells you how kate charted abroad, would seem they love kate in Finland:)
  • crazymonkcrazymonk Posts: 1,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kate is a truly incredible artist!!!
  • bathlampbathlamp Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bathlamp wrote: »

oooh err! that does look intriguing hehe!

I haven't heard any news thus far on re-releases though! not sure if i will be getting them or not but that is intriguing!
  • IggymanIggyman Posts: 8,021
    Forum Member
    I believe that's the re-issues of the albums (three of them?) where Kate has managed to recently buy the rights back.

I may be wrong though .........
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kate sent a recorded message to Noel Fielding on tonight's Let's Dance for Comic Relief (he danced to Wuthering Heights) to wish him good luck..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kate sent a recorded message to Noel Fielding on tonight's Let's Dance for Comic Relief (he danced to Wuthering Heights) to wish him good luck..

i saw that! LOVED his performance!

I wanted him and Jarred(?) Christmas to go through!

loved that Kate did that! i want her to have such a comeback!! :cool:
  • Lorelei LaFleurLorelei LaFleur Posts: 4,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Kate Bush.

Every time it rains, she's here in my head.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think THIS year will be just astounding for a come back!

Get herself everywhere! with Florence & The Machine etc. in the mainstream right now it'll be great to have The Queen Of Art Rock back!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 314
    Forum Member

Get herself everywhere! with Florence & The Machine etc. in the mainstream right now it'll be great to have The Queen Of Art Rock back!

Oh, I agree when need her back to take control of all the maddness happening!

Talk about maddness, I've noticed you have rated The Dreaming? I thought it was one of her best. :)
  • Lorelei LaFleurLorelei LaFleur Posts: 4,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm sorry but I don't think Florence and her Machine are a patch on Kate and I hate that the association is made.

Florence is a wailer in a nice frock.
    Kate Bush is a singing goddess from the upper echelons of heaven.
  • mr. mustardmr. mustard Posts: 48,888
    Forum Member
    I have every Kate album up to The Sensual World apart from The Dreaming, which I'm thinking of getting next. I don't know much about the album so any opinions on its quality would be great :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry but I don't think Florence and her Machine are a patch on Kate and I hate that the association is made.

Florence is a wailer in a nice frock.
    Kate Bush is a singing goddess from the upper echelons of heaven.

i meant the fact that styles like Florence, Marina etc. are popular right now! and Ellie Goulding too! so Kate would be great to come back now!

and i love Flo btw! and i know they're both totally different artists!! in a good way :)
  • zoundszounds Posts: 10,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have every Kate album up to The Sensual World apart from The Dreaming, which I'm thinking of getting next. I don't know much about the album so any opinions on its quality would be great :)
    If you've already got five of Kate's albums, I find it hard to believe that you haven't heard anything from the fourth (I expect you'll probably know more of it than you think).

The Dreaming is a bit more experimental than the first three, it's a great album and like all Kate's albums, hard to compare to any other.

Here's one of my favourite numbers:

Suspended in Gaffa:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMDgvxbsvPw

Haven't you heard Aerial either? Most tracks from The Dreaming and Aerial are available on YouTube.

Seeing as you weren't a fan after the fifth (why did you miss The Dreaming out of interest?), didn't you like the Red Shoes album?
    Must admit, it's my least favourite.
  • IggymanIggyman Posts: 8,021
    Forum Member
    Aerial is a mixed bag for me - the first CD (A Sea of Honey) is okay, but nothing special.

The second CD (A Sky of Honey) is absolutely wonderful and MUST be listened to completely, ie not just individual tracks. :)