Does anyone here by dead peoples clothes from charity shops

2»

Comments

• HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is SO spooky. I was in a charity shop yesterday and saw a HUGE saucepan with glass lid.I thought it looked really useful and then I thought "oh no, someone could have boiled up someone's head in that". I did, honestly!!

I watched that TV prog last week about Dennis Neilsen who killed and dismembered over 20 young men. Some of whom he boiled up. That must have been on my mind.
  • Mark in EssexMark in Essex Posts: 3,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't, but it would not bother me wearing clothes that even the person died in (unless there was too many brains and blood over them).
  • Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only underpants.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    This is SO spooky. I was in a charity shop yesterday and saw a HUGE saucepan with glass lid.I thought it looked really useful and then I thought "oh no, someone could have boiled up someone's head in that". I did, honestly!!

I watched that TV prog last week about Dennis Neilsen who killed and dismembered over 20 young men. Some of whom he boiled up. That must have been on my mind.

Hmmmmmm..................You just never know

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=boiled+head+in+a+pot&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=0oNOA1m8rLpohM&tbnid=8SAze0EhU5zR5M:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bdws.co.uk%2F2012%2F02%2F07%2Ffeeding-the-dogs-part-6%2F&ei=oaFUUepwk5HRBbrXgYgM&bvm=bv.44442042,d.d2k&psig=AFQjCNGOoDBCxECCbYDljDdo3D4fvC0R1w&ust=1364587217461536
  • LeightonismeLeightonisme Posts: 232
    Forum Member
    Just because it's from a charity shop doesn't mean the person who had them before has to die omg.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As long as I didn't have to remove them from the dead person.
  • SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MEW TOWN wrote: »
    Great for fancy dress :D but a bit grim. :cry:

What rubbish ! Some clothes donations are from relatives of a deceased person obviously, but just as many come from people having a clearout or donating clothes they don't like or don't fit into anymore. I get loads of fabulous stuff from the shops up here, and the shops themselves are smartly fitted out with no tatty stuff to be seen. I'd rather go in a great charity shop for a good root round than venture into TK Maxx any day - gives me a headache going through the dress rails in there !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather go in a great charity shop for a good root round !

:D:D:D:D:D
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get most of my clothes from charity shops! I also donate my childrens' clothes to them as well.
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't bought from a charity shop in a while but Im not averse to buying stuff there. (just haven't found anything recently).
  • HollyCHollyC Posts: 5,850
    Forum Member
    I do buy clothes from Charity shops, and don't care whether someone died in it or not.

My best bargain was a Prada suit for £12.50. It was gorgeous, but sadly it no longer fits me :(
  • Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    SJ_Mental wrote: »
    This week I've been mostly dressing up as Doris the recently departed spinster.

:D

Thank you Doris

I've no qualms with second hand stuff, I love to find a bargain
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been buying second hand clothes on Ebay recently - for all I know, their previous owner might have passed on, who knows? probably not though.
  • NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh no, I've donated some of my clothes to charity, I guess that means I'm dead and I haven't realized! :eek:
  • HollyCHollyC Posts: 5,850
    Forum Member
    Oh no, I've donated some of my clothes to charity, I guess that means I'm dead and I haven't realized! :eek:

I'm sorry to hear of your sad demise :(

So, are you giving anything good to any charity shops then? :D
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,541
    Forum Member
    GeoBa92 wrote: »
    They're usually priced very cheap. It's a dead giveaway!

...I'll get my coat... :o

Is it a dead persons coat :o
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are dead people's clothes 'zombified' or something?
  • HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks to OP for pointing it out. from now on I will specifically ask for only clothes prized from dead bodies.
  • OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wouldn't particularly bother me if somebody had died in something I was wearing.
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't particularly bother me if somebody had died in something I was wearing.

Even yourself?
  • rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    delly wrote: »
    Do they go by themselves:eek:

Substitutiary Locomotion :p
  • OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ber wrote: »
    Even yourself?

Well no...I'd be dead :p
  • NatgarNatgar Posts: 2,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caldari wrote: »
    Yes, but not the ones they died in.

Damn! they lied to me :mad:
  • ArtymagsArtymags Posts: 18,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that only a small percentage of clothes in a charity shop are from someone who has died.

Anyway you can't worry about things like that. I bet most of us live in a house that at least one person has died in at sometime - especially if it is a really old house or cottage. You might even be sleeping in the bedroom that people have died in !

And if you buy anything antique from an auction or antique shop the first owner of it is bound to be dead. !

Even the Queen lives in a palace that people have died in and wears jewels and robes that have been worn by generations of dead people.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    I got a bed from the charity shop I do hope nobody died in it :-(