Sky Sports Cricket Coverage 2015

Comments

• Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bhaveshgor wrote: »
    that might explain why England are so bad at odi if he is an odi expert. :D

TBH the Odi Expert was a title given to knight to justify his inclusion in the Comm box.
    from what I heard from him he isn't really an expert in ODI not sure he really said anything insightful about ODI in the Comm box.

Just thought i would remind our resident India fan of this post :D

Milking it whilst we can Bhav
  • Neil_HarrisNeil_Harris Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New voice in the Sky comms box today.Ex Australian test batsman Marcus North.
  • Amajeed2k5Amajeed2k5 Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    He did the T20 yesterday aswell
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charles Colville doing Cricket Writers this morning, as Pauls knee has given in.

The show kinda has a more Stuffy feell this morning.
  • chrisr21chrisr21 Posts: 1,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New voice in the Sky comms box today.Ex Australian test batsman Marcus North.

I've been impressed with him the 2 games he's just done.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrisr21 wrote: »
    I've been impressed with him the 2 games he's just done.

Yeah the T20 Blast is a good way to test commentators of the Future.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charles Colville doing Cricket Writers this morning, as Pauls knee has given in.

The show kinda has a more Stuffy feell this morning.

Although it's good to see a freelance on (Lizzy Ammon)

I expect an Aussie to be on the panel next Sunday
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although it's good to see a freelance on (Lizzy Ammon)

I expect an Aussie to be on the panel next Sunday

was that the Lizzy that does some work for the BBC.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 185
    Forum Member

Also blogs/tweets as Legside Lizzy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, does some commentary on championship cricket
  • BhaveshgorBhaveshgor Posts: 9,312
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know why and what work Ravi Shastri will be doing for Sky during ashes.
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/zimbabwe-v-india-2015/content/story/892171.html
    Shastri is understood to have agreed for an analyst role during the high-profile Ashes series with Sky, the official broadcaster. According to a BCCI insider, since Shastri had signed the Sky deal before he was offered the role of team director for the tour of Bangladesh, he had made it clear he would not be available for the series in Zimbabwe. The BCCI, though, is confident that Shastri will be available for India's three-Test series in Sri Lanka starting in August.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bhaveshgor wrote: »
    Does anyone know why and what work Ravi Shastri will be doing for Sky during ashes.
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/zimbabwe-v-india-2015/content/story/892171.html

That is very out of the blue, what real interest would he have in the Ashes.
    Forum Member
    That is very out of the blue, what real interest would he have in the Ashes.

Don't know maybe the fact Star Sports paid $200 million for the rights means they requested a presence in the series.
    No idea why Star sports wants a presence in the series although with Ten Sports having India vs bangladesh/Zimbabwe and Sri lanka.
    Star might be trying to big up the Ashes since they won't be showing any india matches till late September.
    “Recently, since all sports are facing tough competition for funding streams, this is expected to provide an important source of additional revenue for funding the development of our game at all levels. Also, TV audiences for cricket are expanding rapidly in Asia and West Asia and we look forward to working closely with ESS to give both our international and county teams the widest possible TV exposure over the next seven years.”

Although a quote from David Collier mentions ECB working closely with ESS to give widest possible TV exposure maybe this means Indian presence in Big Test series.

If Ravi shastri does come to england wouldn't surprise me if he did some T20 blast games as well considering the games are shown live on Star sports as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How does he get on with Nasser these days they have previous dont they.

Ravi Shastri would give there T20 Blast coverage somebody else high profile.
    Forum Member
    How does he get on with Nasser these days they have previous dont they.

Ravi Shastri would give there T20 Blast coverage somebody else high profile.

Didn't see any issues last summer when Strastri came to the studio for a chat for 15 mins with Gower, Nasser and Atherton.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't realise Star Soorts get the T20 Blast games we get shown, I'm guessing the bigger games get viewers.

But would viewers in India really have watched Northants v Derbyshire the other week
  • arsenalsriarsenalsri Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    Didn't realise Star Soorts get the T20 Blast games we get shown, I'm guessing the bigger games get viewers.

But would viewers in India really have watched Northants v Derbyshire the other week

Star Sports hold the rights for the Indian sub continent for all the international & domestic cricket for which Sky sports are host broadcasters. Even the LVCC games, when Sky broadcasts them get shown live on Star Sports.
  • malcy30malcy30 Posts: 7,152
    Forum Member
    arsenalsri wrote: »
    Star Sports hold the rights for the Indian sub continent for all the international & domestic cricket for which Sky sports are host broadcasters. Even the LVCC games, when Sky broadcasts them get shown live on Star Sports.

Remember cricket is to Indians what football is to the British, so they will broadcast there any live TV game fail able to them from wherever in the world it is being played.

I remember when visiting India for work a few years ago they even had channels which just seemed to broadcast highlights of old games, whilst another was a 24/7 interviews and phone in shows, so like a televised talksport of their football shows.
  • chrisr21chrisr21 Posts: 1,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can see Shastri's role being on The Verdict myself. Charles, with Bob, Ravi and rotating ex England player. Don't watch The Verdict often, but within the last couple of years I know they've done it with 4 people from the Cricket Writers on TV studio.

And if that does happen, not being a fan of both Willis & Shastri means I won't watch a second of it.
  • arsenalsriarsenalsri Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    Can see Shastri's role being on The Verdict myself. Charles, with Bob, Ravi and rotating ex England player. Don't watch The Verdict often, but within the last couple of years I know they've done it with 4 people from the Cricket Writers on TV studio.

And if that does happen, not being a fan of both Willis & Shastri means I won't watch a second of it.

Ravi Shastri of course did The Verdict when India were here last time and then he went on to become the director of Cricket during the ODI leg of that series. It doesnt make sense though, they could get so many Aussies to give an Australian perspective rather than an Indian. During the last Ashes down under, they had Gillespie during the Verdict. While he might be busy with Yorkshire this summer, I am sure there might be days when Yorkshire are not playing duirng the Test matches or alternatively surely there must be other ex-Australian players available who have been part of the Ashes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm no lover of Shastris commentary, but he was excellent on the verdict last year.
  • 1066simon1066simon Posts: 362
    Forum Member

Why wouldn't have they watched it?

Lots of people watch sport from different parts of the world.

What a stupid thing to say.
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope Sky show some different archive footage during the Ashes and not just replay the same matches that they used in 2013.

It's a shame they couldn't have done a deal with the BBC to use their Ashes archive, like ESPN Classic used to do in it's early years.
  • Wallasey SaintWallasey Saint Posts: 7,621
    Forum Member
    1066simon wrote: »
    Why wouldn't have they watched it?

Lots of people watch sport from different parts of the world.

What a stupid thing to say.

Yep, like an FM above said Cricket to Indians is like Football to us, people will watch live Football from other Leagues worldwide on TV even if they don't have an affinity with the league/clubs, same for Indians with Cricket.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Turned onto the Ashes Channel this morning, and we have a day of the same old crap they have shown other years.

Some Highlights from the last 2 campaigns would be good, but no its old stuff.

At least there is some live cricket tonight