Options

*The Lady Gaga Appreciation Thread* (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    MissMusiqueMissMusique Posts: 2,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Id be really intrigued to hear what they've come up with - whether she does a verse or rap Beyonce style or whether it's a full-on collaboration between the two of them. I wouldn't have thought they'd be very compatible, I mean I'd never put the two together so I'm very interested to see what Ratchet's like!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you go on ladyxgaga.com there's a video of the full 5min Fame commercial - as well as an instrumental remix of her track with Azaelia Banks - sounds really cool! There's also meant to be a violent version of the commercial where she kills all the male models but it hasn't surfaced yet.

She did a quick interview for Good Morning America and apparently there's meant to be one for CNN as well?

The Guggenheim Fame party was also a 3 hour performance piece but I'm not sure about any more than that at this point. Exciting times!
  • Options
    SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you go on ladyxgaga.com there's a video of the full 5min Fame commercial - as well as an instrumental remix of her track with Azaelia Banks - sounds really cool! There's also meant to be a violent version of the commercial where she kills all the male models but it hasn't surfaced yet.

She did a quick interview for Good Morning America and apparently there's meant to be one for CNN as well?

The Guggenheim Fame party was also a 3 hour performance piece but I'm not sure about any more than that at this point. Exciting times!

Some Pics Here

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2203042/Lady-Gaga-gets-cherub-tattooed-head-LIVE-fragrance-launch.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow sounds like it was a crazy party! Not sure about the tattooing myself but that's just my opinion. I like the idea of Sleeping Gaga - she's really running with this Disney princess theme!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    Thought I'd summarise the information we have on the album so we're all on the same page:
    • ARTPOP is slated for a 2013 release, before Spring according to Gaga.
    • The lead single is not coming in 2012 and it is not called ARTPOP.
    • The 'new music in 2012' Gaga and others alluded to seems to be referring to the Kendrick Lamar collaboration entitled PARTYNAUSEOUS, a song that was originally part of ARTPOP, is rumoured to have been produced by Fernando and has been delayed from it's original Sep 6th release.
    • Gaga worked on two songs with Azealia Banks but she is yet to decide on which will make the album. A fan met AB recently and she confirmed the track titles as RED FLAME and RATCHET. The latter has been referenced a few times so it may be the preferred. DJWS appears to have produced it.
    • AB also said that a Kanye West collaboration did not make the album.
    • She has collaborated with Elton John on a song but it is yet unclear who's album it'll be on.
    • The known producers are: ZEDD, DJWS, Madeon, Fernando Garibay and RedOne.
    • At least one song will feature Whitesnake guitarist Doug Aldrich.
    • Among other things, she has described the album as psychedelic electronic, rave and sounding like 2013. Plus, "I feel that on the next album there's a lack of maturity - it's a tremendous lack of maturity and sense of responsibility."
    • The next instalment of the PapaTele arc is on the album and she has already written the video treatment for it. That perhaps would explain her meeting with Jonas Akerlund in July.
    • Terry Richardson is filming a BTWB film/documentary apparently for theatres.
    • She's releasing the album as a multimedia project, namely an album app, in addition to traditional formats.
    • There's going to be a film for each track, one of which will be directed by a fan who wins the competition announced on LM.com. There was also a competition to design her an outfit.
    • Repeated phrases: "Private In Public", "Element of Crime", "Princess High", "Princess Die", "Kill The Bitch", "Vuitton Brown", "Mary Jane Holland".
    • Repeated imagery: white roses, Disney princesses, princesses in general, fur, crowns/tiaras, brunette hair, injected lips.
    • Unsurprisingly, Andy Warhol and pop art is going to be a source of inspiration.
    • She wants to study and recreate this image for the cover: http://poponandon.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/lady-gaga-artpop-inspiration.png
    • She's hired a fan who's an illustrator into the Haus, seemingly for artwork. (Helen Green)
    • Known song titles: PRINCESS DIE, ARTPOP, RATCHET, RED FLAME, PARTYNAUSEOUS.
    • She's written a song about cannabis, rumoured to be called "Mary Jane Holland" and produced by Madeon.
    • ARTPOP is the "swan song" of the album and features the lyrics: "we could, we could belong together, ARTPOP".
    • There appears to be a core fascination with the decay of the blonde icon throughout. It's speculated that she is going to act this out over the era.

I think that's everything we know so far.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If we're not getting any new music at all from ArtPop before 2013 unless she's teasing us and she's gonna release it early as a surprise - I'm not sure why there's information on it now. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind - i love all these little tidbits but I just don't want her to get carried away and make the same mistakes as BTW. Thus far she's kept it contained in the sense that she's made announcements for it via LM.com but I just don't want her to fall foul of too much too soon. Havin said that she's not said anything on the quality of the album (as in we haven't had an album of the decade comment) so even though we know that was taken completely out of context I just don't want her to make the same mistakes again. Maybe I should have more faith :P I'm sure she knows what she's doing!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A fan met her backstage at Manchester and she was apparently quite clear that the lead single wasn't coming in 2012.

I know it seems like we know a lot about the album when it's listed like that, but really it's just random tidbits collected through LM chat and fan interaction, that only us lot who are playing close attention will pick up on. She's kept pretty quiet about it beyond the title and the app.

The difference this time compared to BTW is that a lot of what we know so far isn't getting covered in the media because she's not directly saying it.

I hope she gets PARTYNAUSEOUS out soon though because the extended era will drag otherwise with all this Vogue/perfume stuff happening now with no music till 2013. If it's a hit it'll bridge the gap.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I suppose you're right, maybe I just notice more because it's Gaga - it just seems early to me!

I hope PARTYNAUSEOUS comes out soon, I'm getting kinda desperate for new music from her. BTW seems like ages ago!

Enjoy the show tonight toanythingtaboo - let me know what you think!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Overall I think leaving new music till 2013 is a good thing, at least it will the public more time to miss her and won't seem like she's releasing new stuff every year. Although like MissMusique I'm kind of desperate to hear something new but I can wait a little longer yet. On the upside BTW is doing well on Ireland's I-tunes.
  • Options
    elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DJames99 wrote: »
    Overall I think leaving new music till 2013 is a good thing, at least it will the public more time to miss her and won't seem like she's releasing new stuff every year. Although like MissMusique I'm kind of desperate to hear something new but I can wait a little longer yet. On the upside BTW is doing well on Ireland's I-tunes.

Ridiculous. They'll say that she's still overexposed. :p
  • Options
    BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    Ridiculous. They'll say that she's still overexposed. :p

Sadly I think she'll forever have that tagged to her...next tattoo maybe :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The show was incredible. Truly she nailed it and the crowd was in the palm of her hands even through the album tracks.

I'd say it comfortably got about 90% full when all said and done, with obvious sections not on sale. A lot of people were still turning up well into the show, clearly thinking she'd be on later. What really struck me was the range in ages of those there, literally every demographic was covered - from kids to grandparents. I was in the lower east stand and the view was great for seating and you got such a good grasp of the crowd, especially when they went mental for the hits and waved to the ballads. I'll not forget the reaction and enthusiasm to TEOG, a stadium going off to that is incredible - let alone her own vocal slayage. MTN got a great reaction too. Princess Die with the guy, the troop of fans for MTN, the Jameson shenigans...it was all ace.

My only criticism is the excessive verbal diorreha about love and freedom and acceptance, but Gaga will be Gaga

You have to hand it to her though, the consistent energy and swagger she had over the near 2 and a half hour show can only be praised and excuse some rambling. I heard people echoing that. One person was saying they must pump her up with drugs to own it for so long. The thousands of satisfied customers spilling into the streets singing her music was a sight to behold in itself. I love stadium shows.

Bravo, Gaga.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay! So glad you had a good time!

I agree with you about the speech thing - obviously I'm not going to begrudge her a few minutes break when she works so hard for 2 and a half hours but it did grate after a while. She's so funny and has so great stories which I love hearing but I could do with less of the preaching if I'm honest. Works for some though, and I did know to expect it at a Gaga show.

I can't believe she did the whole show having just flown back from NYC as well - the woman's got stamina of steel! And the really exciting thing about Gaga is that - this is how she runs a tour now , only 4 years into her showbiz career. She's such an amazing stage presence already, and she's only going to get better! What will she be like in another 5/10 years time??
  • Options
    tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The pictures of her dressed as the 'bottle' are amazing :D I can understand why people think her odd though (the haters I mean), but I just love it :D

I particularly loved the detail to the boots though! With the 'men' crawling on them (like in the commercial).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have just seen the FAME fragrance launch...i love the "look" that whole kinda bottle representation and "sleeping beauty-esque" feel....like if a Disney Princess just went out in modern society.

Dunno if you all have seen this...but i love this fan art from her FB

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/381229_10151233871009574_1039866510_n.jpg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have just seen the FAME fragrance launch...i love the "look" that whole kinda bottle representation and "sleeping beauty-esque" feel....like if a Disney Princess just went out in modern society.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/381229_10151233871009574_1039866510_n.jpg

LOVE that image!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOVE that image!

I love fanart sometimes when it catches you by surprise, hadnt been on her FB for a while and stumbled across it and went *______* loved it....I do love the images of her in the bottle in New York (was it??) at the FAME launch thingy when she is in the bottle "sleeping" it is quite a way to do it XD
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ah yeah that's the image she has as her twitter profile pic, I really like it! I also love her twitter info box! haha
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BadKid95 wrote: »
    Ah yeah that's the image she has as her twitter profile pic, I really like it! I also love her twitter info box! haha

"from the nipple to the bottle never satisfied" :cool:

I take it this perhaps is the theme for ARTPOP then...gotta say i like the idea of Disney Princess connotations! Maybe turning that inside out too...we will seee :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Is this the one done by the girl she she has just given a job in hous of gaga to after seeing it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Slojo wrote: »
    Is this the one done by the girl she she has just given a job in hous of gaga to after seeing it

Yeah that's the one, must admit she's a very talented girl. Is she the same one who designed the MTN t-shirts and that for the tour?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is very talented. That's nice of gaga to do that. I wonder how she was actually approached?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is very talented. That's nice of gaga to do that. I wonder how she was actually approached?

Dont know how they tracked her down but Gaga met her backstage at Twickenham and gave her the job.

Shes 20 and I assume english :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Slojo wrote: »
    Dont know how they tracked her down but Gaga met her backstage at Twickenham and gave her the job.

Shes 20 and I assume english :)

Oooh I wonder if Gaga called her out during the show? She did do that to a few
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She appears to be really cultivating this "princess" theme for ARTPOP.

What's interesting there is that she's exploring the perfect, idealistic Disney princesses, the classy royal princesses...but also the troubled princesses of pop culture and their downfall. Princess High and Princess Die. We've seen her ode to the fallen "princesses" in Princess Die, her "Disney princess in a rave" inspired fibre-optic wig, her recent tiara and fur clad Russian princess style, and there's theories that her recent antics are Britney Spears influenced.

She shaved the back of her head and got a tattoo there, echoing the events of The Princess of Pop's public meltdown when the Fame became too much. I don't think that's a coincidence. She made an art piece out of that iconic moment in pop culture. "The art of Fame" staged in the Guggenheim.

The piece "Sleeping with Gaga" was obviously influenced by Warhol's "Sleep" and Marina Abramović, combined Sleeping Beauty connotations and had a "15 minutes" countdown clearly referencing the "15 minutes of Fame". This fan's interpretation nails it, IMO:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_macar8Ns001ruvfa6o1_1280.png

In short: she arrived regally wearing a crown, people watched her sleep for 2 hours inside a bubble and tried to touch her whilst vulnerable, she then proceeded to get her head tattooed in front of everyone.