Claim by Wade Robson that Michael Jackson DID abuse him declared "Outrageous"

i4ui4u Posts: 54,981
Forum Member
Wade Robson is lying through his teeth by now claiming Michael Jackson molested him when he was a child ... so says Howard Weitzman, the lawyer for the MJ Estate.

Weitzman tells TMZ ... "Mr. Robson's claim is outrageous and pathetic. This is a young man who has testified at least twice under oath over the past 20 years and said in numerous interviews that Michael Jackson never did anything inappropriate to him or with him."

In an sensational about turn Wade Robson who as a witness defended Michael Jackson against a charge of child molestation is now said to have filed a claim of sexual abuse by Michael Jackson

Comments

• i4ui4u Posts: 54,981
    Forum Member
    More background of Wade Robson's claim of sexual abuse by Michael Jackson, from the New York Daily News.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he is lying, his lies will be exposed eventually. It is a bit strange that for over 20 years he denied being molested by Jackson, and yet now all of a sudden he's making these claims.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,265
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    If he is lying, his lies will be exposed eventually. It is a bit strange that for over 20 years he denied being molested by Jackson, and yet now all of a sudden he's making these claims.

I read he's asking for money, right?
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Get him to take a lie detector and lets see if he is lying or not
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »

There you go, he has £££ in his eyes.
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    There you go, he has £££ in his eyes.

Must have been the same in 1993 and 2005.
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    If he said, as a witness, in the 2005 trial that Jackson didn't molest him, then surely he's opening himself up to being charged with perjury by saying this now?
    Forum Member
    Cryolemon wrote: »
    If he said, as a witness, in the 2005 trial that Jackson didn't molest him, then surely he's opening himself up to being charged with perjury by saying this now?

Don't know but although I was more interested in Michael Jackson's finances I read the transcript of the Robson family.

Wade denied sleeping alone with Michael Jackson but his sister said he did. Wade's mother only discovered at the 2005 trial her son had slept in the same bed with Michael.

Wade's mother in 2005 couldn't remember what she told the police in 1993, even when it was shown to her.

She admitted her income depended on Michael Jackson she'd been provided with 'loans' in 1993 from Anthony Pellicano who was dealing with the Chandler molestation case.

At the same time Pellicano began dealing with 'blackmail' in 1993 he began negotiating a record contract with Wade's mother for son. The mother complained of delays and it was finally settled at the same time Johnnie Coccoran decided to make a financial arrangement over the child molestation allegations.

By 2005 Wade was successful, would he chance throwing it away by framing his benefactor?
  • AsmoAsmo Posts: 15,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cryolemon wrote: »

Possibly not if he was a minor at the time, though a quick calculation indicates he was 22 during the trial?
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What strikes me as odd about this is the background of the accuser. He's a successful choreographer who has a lot to lose by making this allegation. Would he really be willing to put his career and his reputation on the line by making a false allegation?

It's all very strange and it's hard to know what to make of it. Coming forward 20 years after the fact to make an allegation is one thing, but to have denied anything happened when asked about it on two occasions, then to make a complete about-turn is odd!
  • codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    there are many reasons he would have lied as a child.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's claiming to have forgotten the abuse took place and has only just remembered.

"Robson is claiming he suffered from "repressed memory" and that's why he didn't file his creditor's claim on time."
  • nomad2kingnomad2king Posts: 8,415
    Forum Member
    Would you have wanted all the unwanted attention that making an accusation would bring? It would be easier to deny everything.
    Forum Member
    johartuk wrote: »
    What strikes me as odd about this is the background of the accuser. He's a successful choreographer who has a lot to lose by making this allegation. Would he really be willing to put his career and his reputation on the line by making a false allegation?

It's all very strange and it's hard to know what to make of it. Coming forward 20 years after the fact to make an allegation is one thing, but to have denied anything happened when asked about it on two occasions, then to make a complete about-turn is odd!

1993 he was only 10 or 11 too frightened, besotted by Michael Jackson who could turn him into a star?

2005 older but successful due to Michael Jackson, fearful he'd lose it all?

It could be a hoax but Jackson's lawyer seems to think it is
    real. If it's withdrawn then the suspicion is going to be Wade was paid off.

Could he have been having mental problems, hence the claim?

There's a bio pic on TV at the moment about Natalie Wood, where the mother seems to suggest Natalie should only sleep with men as part of her career path.

It was claimed she was raped by a well known actor and didn't tell to protect her career.
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't look good but maybe he is now telling the truth. I suspect MJ paid a lot of people off over the years to keep his secrets.
  • offtotheracesofftotheraces Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »

What a surprise. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    What a surprise. :rolleyes:

And it wasn't money in the past ?
    Jackson had helped (7 year old) Robson, his mother Joy, and sister Chantal move to the US two years later after their meeting in Brisbane, and the ‘Jam’ star also signed the youngster to his music label.
  • offtotheracesofftotheraces Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i4u wrote: »

I just wish those who came forward did so because of reasons other than seeing the £ or $ signs. It's disappointing to think fewer abuse victims would come forward if there was no chance of getting any money out of it.
  • jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not surprised, I have pointed out quite a few times on here that a pastor, Jason Francia, stated he was in fact abused by Jackson & felt he now had to tell the truth given his profession. He states he initially denied in court having been abused by Jackson for fears of being labelled gay, but later conceded Jackson had "touched his genitals for a number of minutes in Jackson's 'safe room'"

http://news.scotsman.com/michaeljackson/Pastor-lied-to-police-when.2616240.jp
    Francia (or his parents) were also paid $2 million in 1994.

The parents of another boy, Jimmy Safechuck (here with Jackson in 1988) were also reportedly paid $1milllion and given gifts of a Rolls Royce and two Mercedes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must have been the same in 1993 and 2005.

I don't know, but he said Jackson had a birthmark on his genitals. There's no way he'd have known that if he hadn't have saw them. I think Jackson paid him in an out-of-court settlement back then.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just wish those who came forward did so because of reasons other than seeing the £ or $ signs. It's disappointing to think fewer abuse victims would come forward if there was no chance of getting any money out of it.

I bet the amount of allegations towards people suspected of sexual abuse would be reduced if there was no money to be had. I wouldn't like to guess by how much, but I bet they'd be reduced though.
  • farscapefarscape Posts: 2,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get him to take a lie detector and lets see if he is lying or not

What is this? Jeremy Kyle?

Those things aren't accurate
  • SarahJamSarahJam Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never really knon what to think of these claims about MJ. It's hard not to believe the kids but their parents seem to care more about making money than justice for their children. My parents wouldn't take any amount of money to settle if something that horrible had happened to me.
  • Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I always thought the same SarahJam, why didn't the parents fight for justice?
    But then maybe these kids were victims of pushy stage parents who were desperate enough to turn a blind eye. Or maybe the parents just didn't know what to do and were advised not to put their kids through a trial. It's all very sad if true.
  • L-unaL-una Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    In an sensational about turn Wade Robson who as a witness defended Michael Jackson against a charge of child molestation is now said to have filed a claim of sexual abuse by Michael Jackson

Either way he's a liar then?