The British Soap Awards

jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The awards are happening today, however it will be embargoed till tomorrow so its not ruined for us?

Secondly, I am a massive fan of Eastenders but I really hope it doesn't win as I really don't think it deserves to this year, it hasn't been strong enough. It would be nice if Hollyoaks could win, they have had the strongest storylines IMO

Comments

• bananashakebananashake Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hoping for HO to win a lot of awards but maybe I'm hoping for too much? I'm going to try and avoid all spoilers so that I can watch it tomorrow and be shocked/surprised/angered by the results! It'll be more enjoyable that way!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am logging off the grid until the show airs tomorrow . :)
  • Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm hoping Lucy Pargeter is chosen by the panel for the Best Dramatic Performance award. She has played a blinder and really deserves it but I think Natalie Gumede will win.
  • Owen19Owen19 Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Potentially Hollyoaks has a lot of good chances. The bus crash was far better than the Rovers Fire. Emmett also deserves best villian and actor. I'm holding strong hope for them this year. I hope to god Eastenders don't win anything, I'm sorry but they don't deserve it.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    how much of an kick uo the arse would it be if hollyoaks or neighbours won best soap
  • MarleyBMarleyB Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think these four should of been up for the sexiest awards

http://24.media.tumblr.com/e7da93eedc5ccfc9284d33d33f517d68/tumblr_mmzp30TuRZ1s99f1yo1_500.jpg

mmmm! > those legs especially
  • BellaroooBellarooo Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ownnnn wrote: »
    Potentially Hollyoaks has a lot of good chances. The bus crash was far better than the Rovers Fire. Emmett also deserves best villian and actor. I'm holding strong hope for them this year. I hope to god Eastenders don't win anything, I'm sorry but they don't deserve it.

I think Hollyoaks deserve some awards this year but for me Alan deserves best actor and Natalie deserves
    best villian. I do hope the bus crash gets some recognition though. eastenders will win something as although they haven't been on form this year, they and Corrie have the biggest fan bases. Personally though I'm not fussed who wins as there is so many award ceremonies each year's for tv that they all get a good chance of an award. Good luck to all the soaps x
  • BellaroooBellarooo Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how much of an kick uo the arse would it be if hollyoaks or neighbours won best soap

Haha if they did then it would be good for them but I hardly doubt it will happen. Hollyoaks have had a good year but they have had better years and got no where. I do hope they get some recognition though.
  • lionkingonstagelionkingonstage Posts: 3,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder who will win the lifetime achievement award? For once I have no idea this year. Hope its someone from Emmerdale.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MarleyB wrote: »
    i think these four should of been up for the sexiest awards

http://24.media.tumblr.com/e7da93eedc5ccfc9284d33d33f517d68/tumblr_mmzp30TuRZ1s99f1yo1_500.jpg

mmmm! > those legs especially

:eek::D:D:D

I'm not even gonna ask.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tom_Willis wrote: »
    :eek::D:D:D

I'm not even gonna ask.

got sex appeal though aint they, I'd take them all on so hot :p

plus those pins on owen he should be on the catwalk oh baby!
  • bananashakebananashake Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A very interesting article on the British Soap Awards and the judges role.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/10065267/The-British-Soap-Awards-2013-my-life-as-a-judge.html

Thought it would be of some interest.

EDIT: Here's another from a judge who gives their viewpoint and tips those for success

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-previews/what-time-british-soap-awards-1895630
  • ThaGazBoiThaGazBoi Posts: 15,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really hoping Emmett Scanlan wins something!
  • hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Corrie and Hollyoaks win most the awards, they really deserve it.;)
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will Michelle Keegan win Sexiest Female at her last awards? Or will Katy/Georgia win? I think Corrie have given her more screen time in the hope that she will replace MK.
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ThaGazBoi wrote: »
    Really hoping Emmett Scanlan wins something!

Me too!
    EastEnders can kiss my ass!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    Will Michelle Keegan win Sexiest Female at her last awards? Or will Katy/Georgia win? I think Corrie have given her more screen time in the hope that she will replace MK.

there's sexier women then those two moany brats, should be getting this award
  • hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benbenalen wrote: »
    Me too!
    EastEnders can kiss my ass!

Eastenders can go F*CK itsellf

really want Emmett to win too, especially best actor and exit :cool: