Options

What do you do with a problem like Christine Bleakley

2»

Comments

• Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah, she doesn't have children so her life is utterly, utterly meaningless. A bit like Messrs Aniston & Minogue.

It is true that her career on ITV has been a spectacular failure, but as far as I know she is still happy with Frank Lampard and just because they are not married yet and haven't produced offspring, doesn't mean their relationship is in trouble.

Remind me: It is 2014, right?

Good post. As far as I know she's still with Lampard, SHE isn't being axed from DoI, DoI is being axed, there's a difference!
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,920
    Forum Member
    Give her a series on BBC3;)
  • Options
    tawnytawny Posts: 1,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand why people seem to dislike her so much? She seems inoffensive to me.

Can't stand the woman - she spoilt DOI
  • Options
    HmmbopHmmbop Posts: 2,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tawny wrote: »
    Can't stand the woman - she spoilt DOI

Really?? How odd.

Isn’t the main essence and bulk of the programme showing people skating, their VT’s and then the critique given by the judges? Pip and Christine by all accounts play a fairly minimal role in the 1.5 (or whatever) hours the programme runs. So a pretty minimal role really all things considered. It’s a shame that your dislike for Christine is ruining your viewing of a show you seem to enjoy. Especially considering the minimal time she is on screen in comparison to the content of the rest of the show.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmmbop wrote: »
    Really?? How odd.

Isn’t the main essence and bulk of the programme showing people skating, their VT’s and then the critique given by the judges? Pip and Christine by all accounts play a fairly minimal role in the 1.5 (or whatever) hours the programme runs. So a pretty minimal role really all things considered. It’s a shame that your dislike for Christine is ruining your viewing of a show you seem to enjoy. Especially considering the minimal time she is on screen in comparison to the content of the rest of the show.

People are allowed to dislike a presenter, you know.
  • Options
    HmmbopHmmbop Posts: 2,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People are allowed to dislike a presenter, you know.

Can you point me in the direction to the part of my post when I said they weren't?

I merely observed that it was shame that the poster was letting their dislike of a presenter ruin the rest of a show they would enjoy otherwise. Especially when she's probably on screen for approximately 11 minutes (ish) of a show that lasts approximately 1.5 hours.
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a fan of her presenting really but she seems to have a really happy relationship and is being paid well in her career, so need for any sympathy. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmmbop wrote: »
    Can you point me in the direction to the part of my post when I said they weren't?

I merely observed that it was shame that the poster was letting their dislike of a presenter ruin the rest of a show they would enjoy otherwise. Especially when she's probably on screen for approximately 11 minutes (ish) of a show that lasts approximately 1.5 hours.

It seemed like you were implying it, but I apologise if i'm wrong.

As far as the person having an extreme reaction like that, well, there are people I detest to the point of not watching something. Even if they might not be on it loads, having to sit through someone like Gary Barlow, Peter Andre, or Tina Malone for ANY length of time is something I just won't do. It's just preferences really.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    Why bothering trying to do anything about her?
    She's a professional hanger-on with limited talent.
    Time and changing tastes will make certain that she disappears from the public view sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2582660/Fans-slam-Christine-Bleakleys-This-Morning-appearance-alongside-pregnant-Holly-Willoughby.html

Oh dear the unloved Bleakley doesn't do it for us again. :cry:

"Like a vase" was kind and she is looking old these days. Ding dong I hear the bells, the bells, the bells.

Come on ITV put her away.
  • Options
    nosilauknosilauk Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's no doubt that she was the darling of the BBC while at the One show and was really popular, but personally I think that Christine has ended up a victim of her own PR blunders. I suspect she's made some enemies in the business in the last few years as a result and she'll have a hard job getting back to the level of success she had at the Beeb.

There were a lot of rumours regarding the nature of her relationship with Adrian Chiles [who was subsequently divorced by his wife, Jane Garvey, who has her own strong media career]. Christine was aware of these rumours [and her then boyfriend went public with his thoughts] yet was photographed with Adrian consistently outside work.
    Whatever the truth, she looked like a homewrecker and her Girl Next Door TV persona was tarnished.

Next, she fired her manager John Noel by text [and has since had to pay him off between £300-500K].

Then she released that entitled statement about feeling "torn" between the BBC and ITV offers, prompting the BBC to walk away, leaving her with no choice but to join Adrian at ITV. To her One audience, she must have looked grasping, greedy and way too self important.

Her predicament to me is similar to Anthea Turner's - I think she'll end up with some small scale presenting gigs, some opinion columns in magazines and voiceover work.

I feel sorry for her, it could have been so different for her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nosilauk, I think you've summed up the reasons I dislike Christine Bleakley (and now Susanna Reid who is following almost the exact same pattern) really well. It's nice to have it laid out so clearly like that.
  • Options
    nosilauknosilauk Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nosilauk, I think you've summed up the reasons I dislike Christine Bleakley (and now Susanna Reid who is following almost the exact same pattern) really well. It's nice to have it laid out so clearly like that.

Hey thanks Jane!
    I think I may have spent a little longer thinking about this than is normal :blush: but I think that many posters when they talk about not liking her, it's about the above in some way, even on a subconscious level. :)
  • Options
    Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UKNikey wrote: »
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2582660/Fans-slam-Christine-Bleakleys-This-Morning-appearance-alongside-pregnant-Holly-Willoughby.html

"Like a vase" was kind and she is looking old these days. Ding dong I hear the bells, the bells, the bells.

Has she had plastic surgery? the third photo makes her look in her 50's
  • Options
    WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had it all 4 years ago, 4 Million contract, footballers girlfriend, future planning, wedding, children, happiness!
    Now, the reality bites back, axed from her own show Off the beaten track and Dancing on ice. There is nothing out there for her to front.

ITV have grown to realise that their "investment" backfired and the British public never did actually warm to the smug, self centred irritating accent of Miss Bleakley.

The upcoming celeb showbiz marriage seems more of a distant dream now.

The final nail in her short career had to be the piano keyboard grin :D Just what was she thinking and where did THOSE :D TEETH come from?

paging Miss Reid, Miss Reid to studio ;-)

Wow! Such vitriol and hatred in your post. How can you honestly find the time and energy to construct such a detailed post on how gleeful you are about somebody else's downfall? Do you work?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    While I'm not a fan of Bleakley at all, those tweets full of bile in the Daily Mail are really ridiculous.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow! Such vitriol and hatred in your post. How can you honestly find the time and energy to construct such a detailed post on how gleeful you are about somebody else's downfall? Do you work?

Wow! Such vitriol and personal hatred in your post. How can you honestly find the time and energy to construct such a personal attacking detailed post on how gleeful you personally attack a forum member ? Do you work in a low pay job that you hate personally?
  • Options
    tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And the top rated comments from readers don't agree with the reporter or the twitter comment.