Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Give it a few months and he could be the manager of a Championship team.:D
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He compared himself to Pep Guardiola in his presser for this weekend's game, while reminding everyone again about his win percentage at Spurs and having a dig at Pochettino as well.

Nothing if not entertaining i suppose ..
  • Options
    The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is the new Arry,

The English media will love him as he will always stop and chat and have a nice sound bite for them.

Not good enough to do the job he is paid for? Not important
  • Options
    jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he's hilarious.

Wouldn't want him managing my club though.
  • Options
    coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So are you saying Sherwood doesn't have the potential to be a PL quality manager?
  • Options
    djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Sherwood, but we'll see in the next few weeks at Villa if he is any good as a manager
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    The_don1 wrote: »
    He is the new Arry,

The English media will love him as he will always stop and chat and have a nice sound bite for them.

Not good enough to do the job he is paid for? Not important
    He seems to think that telling it like it is is the way to go about things.

Reporter: So Tim, how do you think it went today?
    Tim: The players were shite, the team was shite, we played shite, the other team deserved to win.
    Reporter: Nice one Tim ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member
    I reckon that Sherwood is the Balotelli of football management.

You kinda wouldn't want him near your club, but it's entertaining to have him back :)
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sherwood is setting himself up for a big fall if he keeps mentioning his blasted win percentage. Timmy Tactics forgets that when he took over Spurs they were just outside the top 5 and had a squad full of decent players.
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He reminds me of someone who needs a job and would be happy doing anything, can't believe he got the villa job, there was so many decent managers out there who could have taken the jo and saved villa.

It's like he is a friend of the chairman and has mentioned that he always wins when making mock line ups on paper so the owners give him a job.

Poor decision by villa.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found the actual win percentages if you include all games, including cup matches, into the equation. Timmy Tactics conveniently forgets the cup games y'see :)
    1. Andre Villa Boas 67.5%
    2. Harry Redknapp 62.12%
    3. David Pleat 59.09%
    4. Peter Shreeves 58.55%
    5. Martin Jol 57.72%
    6. Tim Sherwood 57.14%
  • Options
    clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    All talk so far, maybe would have beem wiser to wait until he's achieved something.
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A win percentage of 0% at Villa so far!
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,944
    Forum Member
    daicoll wrote: »
    A manager who thinks he is far beyond his capabilities

You've figured this out from one game after he's only been in charge a week?

Well done.
  • Options
    Andy-BAndy-B Posts: 6,800
    Forum Member
    daicoll - That comment is spot on.

He was a strong yoof coach at Tottenham, really good with the kids.

In terms of club *manager*, I saw nothing of that skill set.
  • Options
    RijowhiRijowhi Posts: 1,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    He seems to think that telling it like it is is the way to go about things.

Reporter: So Tim, how do you think it went today?
    Tim: The players were shite, the team was shite, we played shite, the other team deserved to win.
    Reporter: Nice one Tim ;)

Well I suppose it makes a change from Lambert's we played well nonsense...
  • Options
    Forum Member

Well done.

I would imagine that very many people would think that Sherwood indeed is a guy 'who thinks he is far beyond his capabilities' simply by hearing him speak and contrast that with what he has done so far in management - not a lot ( and I thought that motormouth actually did not bad in his half season or so of management at Spurs ).
  • Options
    big macbig mac Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's all talk and no trousers. Just being a "breath of fresh air" and using buzzwords like passion, desire, commitment etc. doesn't make someone a good manager.
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well done.

I think that's a bit unfair walter, many folk, not just on this forum believe he is over achieving in his role,

I believe his win percentage in his previous job were simply because of the players playing better on the momentum of a new boss, not because he is a great manager. I think he will be in charge if villa for less than 6 months, he will probably get villa relagated and lose his job within the first few weeks in the championship. He isn't premiership manager quality and struggles to manage millionaire players, he may have en good with the kids at Spurs but that's because they aren't on £50,000 a week with attitudes.

He just isn't that good I'm afraid
  • Options
    -Bandit--Bandit- Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    good manager, bad manager?! some of the comments here are nuts... he has been a manager for what, 29 games is it altogether? how the hell can he be judged on that?

he's still starting out, by all means criticise him further down the line if he fails but not now... geez.
  • Options
    celesticelesti Posts: 26,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He isn't premiership manager quality and struggles to manage millionaire players, he may have en good with the kids at Spurs but that's because they aren't on £50,000 a week with attitudes.

He just isn't that good I'm afraid

Spurs is the only club he's managed and that was for about half an hour, how can you say what he can and can't do? Aston Villa are more of a young squad than these bad attitude millionaires I'm sure exist, so if anything you're endorsing him in his role.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    -Bandit- wrote: »
    good manager, bad manager?! some of the comments here are nuts... he has been a manager for what, 29 games is it altogether? how the hell can he be judged on that?

he's still starting out by all means criticise him further down the line if he fails but not now... geez.

Maybe Sherwood should take that on board and just STFU a bit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He reminds me of someone who needs a job and would be happy doing anything, can't believe he got the villa job, there was so many decent managers out there who could have taken the jo and saved villa.

It's like he is a friend of the chairman and has mentioned that he always wins when making mock line ups on paper so the owners give him a job.

Poor decision by villa.

Re your first sentence: he was in a position to turn down Villa.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually that should have read QPR.
  • Options
    TrebleKingTrebleKing Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's just a mouth on legs much in the same vein as Harry Redknapp, Sam Allardyce, Stuart Pearce and Phil Brown.