Liz Jones - YOU magazine (Part 2)

Comments

• lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "You get back what you give out." So true.

The majority of men I know under 40 are lovely, and would always try and help out if they came across someone needing assistance... more likely it's was the fumes of Liz's utterly toxic and obnoxious personality that made them keep their distance and/or drew unhelpful responses.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That or *shock horror* they didn't know how to fix a car.

Or, and I'm clutching at straws here, it's all made up.
  • Nuts In MayNuts In May Posts: 1,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This could almost decribe Liz, but she chooses to make it into a slagging off Kirstie Allsopp piece. :rolleyes:
    And don’t you just know a woman who drives a brand-new Land Rover, has a *second home in the country and buys *everything from Peter Jones or The Conran Shop, probably doesn’t really forage in a skip.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1326369/Is-man-left-40-isnt-rude-ignorant-pig.html#ixzz14KxNDoSX
  • jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    Cheeky bitch ! both my sons are under 40 and they are both very polite, decent young men. Perhaps next time she wants help with her car she ought to try putting a paper bag over her head so they wouldn't know it was her. Ignorant cow !!!

And she's obviously jealous of Kirsty Allsopp because Kirsty's rich and she isn't.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jabegy wrote: »
    Cheeky bitch ! both my sons are under 40 and they are both very polite, decent young men. Perhaps next time she wants help with her car she ought to try putting a paper bag over her head so they wouldn't know it was her. Ignorant cow !!!

And she's obviously jealous of Kirsty Allsopp because Kirsty's rich and she isn't.

My son's under 40 and would always behave politely and help people out if he could.

Liz generalises and labels people so much, especially if she feels she's been done down.
  • fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    aligail wrote: »
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1326369/Is-man-left-40-isnt-rude-ignorant-pig.html

Another charming article - all men under forty are rude ignorant pigs . She may realise one day that you get back what you give !
    Instead, do you know what the great British male subjected me to? Three cab drivers drew up beside me, shaking their fists and swearing. It wasn’t even as if I was blocking their way.

Another van driver got out of his vehicle and banged his fist on my car. ‘You f****** cow!’ he shouted.

Personally I don't believe a word of this!

However....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pmn9A_ZRZaE
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon our Liz has been watching that and has got a bit confused between Youtube and reality.
  • BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Three cab drivers drew up beside me, shaking their fists and swearing. It wasn’t even as if I was blocking their way."

In a cul de sac ?

She is, of course lying again: the Kensington Close Hotel isn't down a cul de sac, and Wright's Lane - where it actually is - is a three-lane road, plus, unless she used the Hotel car park, no way could the alleged concierge see her. Remember, it's Thursday, the day where Liz makes something up to moan about. :D
  • mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,592
    Forum Member
    Bellagio wrote: »
    "Three cab drivers drew up beside me, shaking their fists and swearing. It wasn’t even as if I was blocking their way."

Do people actually do that in real life?

Of course it's all complete fabrication.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they were Hansom cab drivers... oh, no, they'd be shaking their whips at her. :rolleyes:
  • DuchessKittyDuchessKitty Posts: 821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liz popped up in our local rag yesterday. Apparently she gave some designer bits and an Ipod touch to a charity shop in town. She says they were freebies she had received from being the Mail's fashion editor. I'm not sure what to think, considering how the manager of the shop contacted her to ask if she would donate the designer clothes she claims she doesn't need anymore.
    There was also a mention of a collie in the article. I'll see if I can find a link.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was also a mention of a collie in the article. I'll see if I can find a link.

Was it neatly combed ? :rolleyes:

She mentioned that charity stuff on Friday: "Ever wondered what happened to all my designer freebies? Well, if you are stumped about what to wear to the office Christmas party, or are on the lookout for a gift, then head along to the Scope charity shop in Ilfracombe high street in Devon next week where you will find my brand new floor-length crepe dress by Osman (below), a black cocktail by Jaeger, a Viktor and Rolf pencil skirt, an Autograph black silk concertina party dress, Jimmy Choo and Prada shoes, a Burberry clutch, a Ferretti scarf, a brand new Ipod touch, and much, much more…. All in a really good cause, and ethical, too!"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She mentioned that charity stuff on Friday: "Ever wondered what happened to all my designer freebies? Well, if you are stumped about what to wear to the office Christmas party, or are on the lookout for a gift, then head along to the Scope charity shop in Ilfracombe high street in Devon next week where you will find my brand new floor-length crepe dress by Osman (below), a black cocktail by Jaeger, a Viktor and Rolf pencil skirt, an Autograph black silk concertina party dress, Jimmy Choo and Prada shoes, a Burberry clutch, a Ferretti scarf, a brand new Ipod touch, and much, much more…. All in a really good cause, and ethical, too!"

I think it just said that the dog was nervous. Maybe I shoud pop in and get myself a bargain?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think it just said that the dog was nervous. Maybe I shoud pop in and get myself a bargain? Gosh, its a good day for my little town in the national press. Mentioned in the mail and on this morning! :rolleyes:
  • cathrincathrin Posts: 4,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do people actually do that in real life?

I thought exactly the same thing when I read about the fist-shaking. LJ's columns are full of people doing and saying things that one usually only sees in sitcoms, Richard Curtis movies, comics etc.

Also, in the world as LJ reports it, people address total strangers in long, convoluted sentences ("To do that, I would have had to stand in the middle of the road blah blah blah" or, even more unlikely: "We'd say "Show us your ***s, but you haven't got any!"
  • tortoisepersontortoiseperson Posts: 3,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    an Autograph black silk concertina party dress
    In other words, M&S - nice enough but hardly in the same league as Prada? :sleep:
  • aligailaligail Posts: 481
    Forum Member
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/columnists/article-1327332/Watch-Brief-Encounter-boys-Then-interested-sex.html

Jumping on the Stephen Fry bandwagon
    Woman hate sex - sex is rubbish - Sea and the City tells the truth ete etc.

Her You Mag diary is back to poor sick animals and a totally unbelievable horse riding accident.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The diary, fictitious as it may be, made me angry yesterday. The cat is very old, and clearly has cancer. Any true animal lover would have it painlessly put to sleep, as it's obviously suffering, but not Jones - she puts it through the ordeal and considerable pain of a major operation. Selfish bitch. That said, this made me smile:

"Now, when I rescued Benji, I was told by various experts that he must never be ridden because he bucks people off. I have had him seen by two vets, two chiropractors and an equine holistic bodyworker, and they all say there is nothing wrong with his back... So I tacked him up... I got on... He bucked and bucked and bucked... I was catapulted through the air, and landed on my head."
  • CyanideCindyCyanideCindy Posts: 495
    Forum Member
    Agree about the cat (I was surprised to read that it's booked in for surgery) - it is clearly very ill and is too old to withstand a major operation and retain a decent quality of life. Liz is selfish.
    I have a 19 year old cat - I love her to bits and she's in rude health, but when she becomes seriously ill I'll accept that it's her time to go....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree about the cat (I was surprised to read that it's booked in for surgery) - it is clearly very ill and is too old to withstand a major operation and retain a decent quality of life. Liz is selfish.
    I have a 19 year old cat - I love her to bits and she's in rude health, but when she becomes seriously ill I'll accept that it's her time to go....

Same thing happened to my cat five years ago when she was 14. Huge tumour, poor thing was in terrible pain and the kindest thing was to have her put down, as the tumour would only have grown and she'd have been in even more pain.

Liz is dreadfully selfish, and clearly only thinking of herself when she acts this way. Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind as pet lovers know only too well.
    .. I was catapulted through the air, and landed on my head."

Shame it didn't knock some sense into her.
  • jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    Same thing happened to my cat five years ago when she was 14. Huge tumour, poor thing was in terrible pain and the kindest thing was to have her put down, as the tumour would only have grown and she'd have been in even more pain.

Liz is dreadfully selfish, and clearly only thinking of herself when she acts this way. Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind as pet lovers know only too well.

Shame it didn't knock some sense into her.

I had the same with my cat when he was 14, cancer of the throat, there was no way on earth I would have let him go through prolonged treatment, I did what the vet suggested and had them put him to sleep.

Or worse !!:rolleyes: idiotic woman.
  • jackiebopsjackiebops Posts: 3,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed yesterday a reference to 'being anorexic my whole life' - is it just me this is news to and does she mean she was born with the condition ? I also feel she does look as if she weighs more than a jocky !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackiebops wrote: »
    I noticed yesterday a reference to 'being anorexic my whole life' - is it just me this is news to and does she mean she was born with the condition ? I also feel she does look as if she weighs more than a jocky !

Just her exaggerating as usual. It's impossible to be born anorexic.

Any complaint or problem she has is always 100 times worse than anyone else's.
  • fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    "Now, when I rescued Benji, I was told by various experts that he must never be ridden because he bucks people off. I have had him seen by two vets, two chiropractors and an equine holistic bodyworker, and they all say there is nothing wrong with his back... So I tacked him up... I got on... He bucked and bucked and bucked... I was catapulted through the air, and landed on my head."

Maybe this actually happened a few years back and would explain the output in her column ever since...
  • jackiebopsjackiebops Posts: 3,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just her exaggerating as usual. It's impossible to be born anorexic.

Any complaint or problem she has is always 100 times worse than anyone else's.

It just worries me that LJ is using this terrible dibilitating condition to gain sympathy when there are so many women and men truely having to battle with it :(
This discussion has been closed.