Arsenal Supporters Thread (Part 5)

Comments

• Tel69Tel69 Posts: 26,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are Sky Sports calling this the tie of the round??? :confused:

I hope Arsene now sees the stupidity in resting players during the group games as we'd have got a much easier tie if he hadn't. I'm not even sure I can be arsed to waste £50 on a ticket to watch them beat us...
  • ihatemarmiteihatemarmite Posts: 5,605
    Forum Member
    Tel69 wrote: »
    Why are Sky Sports calling this the tie of the round??? :confused:

I hope Arsene now sees the stupidity in resting players during the group games as we'd have got a much easier tie if he hadn't. I'm not even sure I can be arsed to waste £50 on a ticket to watch them beat us...

narrow anglocentric vision makes it the tie of the round

put your ticket on exchange mate, I'll buy it :D

better than watching them play Stoke!

Yes it was the Braga result that did for us
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't say I'm happy with the draw but so long as the team show commitment, desire to win and determination to succed during the whole 180 minutes, I am positive we can be in with a shot to proceed to the next round. Anyway, if theres no Messi, I'm certain we'll win ;)
  • Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barca again? sigh!
  • wacky joewacky joe Posts: 1,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok so its Barca,forget about the game till Feb , concentrate on Stoke and Xmas New Year fixtures and stap in contention.
  • satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member
    Squilly and Kossie versus Messi and Villa - more humiliation.....:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    satellite wrote: »
    Squilly and Kossie versus Messi and Villa - more humiliation.....:o

Vermaelen will hopefully be back by then. And it could be alongside Djourou.
  • HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We reap what we sow.
    Astonishingly complacent treatment of a group we should have strolled leads to this.

In other news Havard Nordveit is on his way
    http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2010/12/nordtveit-in-talks-with-monchengladbach/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If true, that's a big shame about Nordveit, the lad never got a proper chance to how his talent here. After his successful loan out last season I thought we'd see more of him. I hope we don't go on to regret the decision.
  • yakutzyakutz Posts: 10,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, disappointed to hear about Nordtveit. I watched him quite a lot in the Bundesliga last year, and he looked very talented. Not to mention he became brilliant on Football Manager.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty happy with the tie. Like Alan Davies said in this week's podcast, at this point in the CL you either want to get to the final or go out now. Anything in between isn't worth it.

I still want us to beat them, but going out to the best team in the world and then concentrating on the league and the cups is an outcome I don't entirely hate.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The league will be long gone by the beginning of March.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hayden wrote: »
    The league will be long gone by the beginning of March.

As will be the FA Cup because he will leave players out so they"focus on barca".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No more snow down here overnight so the game should go ahead but the forecast is for heavy snow from around lunchtime onwards. I'm not going today but having just gone out for a paper I'm bloody glad also, it's sooooo cold.

I wonder if Chesney will stay in goal today?? Personally I think it would be a bad move to put him back on the bench. Almunia has also got another injury which will keep him out for 3 weeks. Personally i don't believe a word of it and think he's been mothballed before his forthcoming transfer.
  • GoodwinGoodwin Posts: 6,576
    Forum Member
    Would be good to get this game going but would not surprise me if they call it off all things considered.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The game has just been confirmed OFF.

I'm surprised so many games are still on personally.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pravda saying game is still on but sround the forums those living close to ground say side streets are already 2-3 inches deep. Can't see this going ahead, out Essex way it only started 30 mins ago but car covered already!!!! Good luck and safe traveling to those loyal supporters travelling today, keep safe and have a mulled wine for me.

EDIT:just seen haydens post
    Forum Member
    Not seen anything on the usual sites to say it's off.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    arseblog arseblog

RT @JacquiOatley: John Murray on @BBC5Live has just been told #Arsenal v #SCFC is OFF.
  • yakutzyakutz Posts: 10,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just been confirmed on the official site. Not surprised, we've just had about 4 inches in an hour here.
    Forum Member
    Yep. Confirmed on Pravda. Frustrating but suppose they got to look at the bigger picture with fans travelling. Bet that pitch is in pristine condition too. Grrr.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    BBC Sport are saying its off too.
    Oh well :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well just as I was about to walk out the door to go to the game it's called off that = great timing :)

Pissed off though in the long run fixture congestion might screw us over.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goodwin wrote: »
    Yep. Confirmed on Pravda. Frustrating but suppose they got to look at the bigger picture with fans travelling. Bet that pitch is in pristine condition too. Grrr.

Saw pictures on the tv of the stadium and pitch around midday and it was fully covered in snow and the visibility was very poor.
    Forum Member
    LDN wrote: »
    Saw pictures on the tv of the stadium and pitch around midday and it was fully covered in snow and the visibility was very poor.

They hadn't turned on the heating for the pitch. ;)
This discussion has been closed.