Options

Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    When I've posted what I believe to be a really interesting/funny comment on a thread on DS for it to be totally ignored, as if it wasn't on show, and the next comments carry on from those before mine. :o>:(

OR: I post what I believe to be an interesting/funny comment on a thread on DS and NOBODY bothers to comment after me and the thread disappears into the 'uninteresting' archives. :confused:
  • Options
    Apple22over7Apple22over7 Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    silversox wrote: »
    ** rolling tumbleweed **

Sorry silversox, did you say something :p ;-) :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sorry silversox, did you say something :p ;-) :D

Yes, still here, awaiting a really interesting/amusing reply. :D
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^I left my reply on your answering machine, did you not get it. ?! :p
  • Options
    KikiDafuqKikiDafuq Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    Music videos that don't feature the artist and have some unfathomable storyline in a depressing setting (e.g. Naughty Boy and Sam Smith's La La La)
    Newspapers quoting the tweets of smug random people as if their opinions actually matter to anyone but themselves
    The idea that anyone would buy and listen to that Craig Ogden album.
  • Options
    rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    There are 2 cash points at the train station which is where I change buses on the way to work in the morning. Both of them weren't working today which means I couldn't get out any cash which means no lunch today >:( It's a train station for pete's sake, and not a quiet one at that, you'd think they would have reliable cash points. It's very rare when I go to use them that both are working >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Quote: "The idea that anyone would buy and listen to that Craig Ogden album"

Well, I don't much like it either but someone must have bought it 'cos its at No 2 in the Classical charts at the moment!
  • Options
    Watcher #1Watcher #1 Posts: 9,046
    Forum Member
    People rejecting polls/surveys by saying "they only asked x hundred people" - that's a pretty decent sample size

In fact, the general misunderstanding and misrepresentation of statistics and data as a whole
  • Options
    KikiDafuqKikiDafuq Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    silversox wrote: »
    Quote: "The idea that anyone would buy and listen to that Craig Ogden album"

Well, I don't much like it either but someone must have bought it 'cos its at No 2 in the Classical charts at the moment!

Shocking! I'm only judging on the basis of the adverts I hear on lbc. It sounds very cheesy indeed - the kind of music they'd play in a mental health institution to keep everyone comatose.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    KikiDafuq wrote: »
    Shocking! I'm only judging on the basis of the adverts I hear on lbc. It sounds very cheesy indeed - the kind of music they'd play in a mental health institution to keep everyone comatose.

I expect Mr and Mrs Ogden bought a few!
  • Options
    The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When you're frantically trying to edit a post on here before someone quotes you on it or before you hit the 30 minute time's up limit and DS decides it's gonna start playing silly buggers again by not posting, reloading the last page over and over or timing out and hanging as it seems to do quite often when you least want it to.
  • Options
    The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are 2 cash points at the train station which is where I change buses on the way to work in the morning. Both of them weren't working today which means I couldn't get out any cash which means no lunch today >:( It's a train station for pete's sake, and not a quiet one at that, you'd think they would have reliable cash points. It's very rare when I go to use them that both are working >:(

Talking of cash points why is it there's never one where you need one yet walk a mile up the road and there's half a dozen in a 50 yard radius. Why do they never bother to spread them around town? What's the point in sticking them all in the same area? I've noticed this in other countries too.

Whenever I want to nip round my local for a pint I've got to walk all the way across town to get some cash out because there's none near to where I live yet once I'm in town there's at least 5 all in the space of a few yards of one another.
  • Options
    BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My neighbor's fecking bike.>:( We sleep with our bedroom window open throughout most of the year, only closing it if it's exceptionally cold or windy. For the past few weeks, our neighbor's motorcycle (which he parks in his garden) beeps throughout the day/night, kind of like when a smoke detector beeps to let you know the battery needs changing. It's not 'loud' but it's constant, drives me a little batty sometimes.
  • Options
    Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The latest trend for brightly-coloured football boots as seen in the World Cup. Is it me or do they look camp and childish?
  • Options
    PatchbunclePatchbuncle Posts: 2,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That tedious Vodafone advert. I suspect they were aiming for life - affirming, they hit gobbing dull dead on.

Whilst I'm at it, not timing our arrival at the cinema properly and having to sit through the above plus God knows how many other ads.
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    zwixxx wrote: »
    If the invites were professionally done then maybe this is just a mishap by a professional who wasn't so professional. Though if they got THIS wrong, maybe they got that name card on the table to tell you where to sit wrong too. :o >:( - methinks, if you do go, you should take along a think black marker pen.

btw: anyone's name can be easily spelt wrong, just add poo on the end. :p

Well she said they were being professionally done but when they arrived its just a card with the couples name and the date of the wedding printed on the front.

Inside the printed bit was the general invite stuff. The bride had to hand write the names, the address of the venue, the date etc. surely things like the date and venue address couldve been printed in them all to save time.

I thought her spelling my name wrong was bad, apparently our nan got one from her addressed to her full name not "nan" or "mum" (since bride had been traditional and written them as if her parents had sent them). :o
  • Options
    thefairydandythefairydandy Posts: 3,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My old colleague, who always comes in in the morning and says 'Good morning'. Everyone murmers some variety of hello at her in unison, including me, but for some reason she can never pick my voice out so she singles me out and says 'Good morning Fairy Dandy' as if I was ignoring her.

Then when she leaves she says 'Bye bye people'. It's a tiny thing but I hate the way she addresses the whole room as 'people'.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wires.

I've had bad luck lately when it comes to wires breaking somewhere along the line. I think my laptop adapter is on the go. Sometimes I hear it whistle too (I know, that's a different issue). Like my controllers and when you wrap them around to tidy up, they seem to break or get loose on the end. Can't wait for wireless electricity.
  • Options
    HarrisonMarksHarrisonMarks Posts: 4,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you open a packet of biscuits and the first one immediately breaks into about 100 pieces and you have to fish these little pieces out every time you go back to the packet.
  • Options
    Wallasey SaintWallasey Saint Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    When you open a packet of biscuits and the first one immediately breaks into about 100 pieces and you have to fish these little pieces out every time you go back to the packet.

Even more annoying is trying to open the pack of Biscuits if it doesn't have the easy opening wrap, & that easy opening wrap can be annoying as you have to eat half a dozen Biscuits to close the pack properly.
  • Options
    Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even more annoying is trying to open the pack of Biscuits if it doesn't have the easy opening wrap, & that easy opening wrap can be annoying as you have to eat half a dozen Biscuits to close the pack properly.

I long ago gave up with 'easy open' or indeed any other kind of opening. I just lie the packet down and use the bread knife to cut cleanly through the wrapping. Between the biscuits of course.
  • Options
    rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    I live three doors down from an amazing chippie, but they've now closed for two and a half weeks for their summer holiday. >:( It is a family business but not everyone who works there is part of the family so someone should be able to run it while the owners are away. I've never understood why they close for more than two weeks in the middle of summer (ok it's a wash out right now but you get the idea :D)

For the sake of my waistline I don't make it a habit of going to them regularly but I'm going to be craving fish and chips now til they're back :( Yes I could go somewhere else but all the other chippies are a bus ride away plus not as good :(
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tt88 wrote: »
    I didnt know what to do with it! Its a boy-girl wedding but neither of them have names that could be spelt differently!

It just bugs me that especially with her talking to me on facebook she sees my name written down so she cant use the excuse that she didnt know!

You would be surprised. Some of my relatives still misspell my name.

My own step-father - got together with my mum over 20 years ago - wrote every variation possible of my name except the correct one. In fact, I received an email from him yesterday morning, which opens with "Good morning, Jakae". :D
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    I live three doors down from an amazing chippie, but they've now closed for two and a half weeks for their summer holiday. >:( It is a family business but not everyone who works there is part of the family so someone should be able to run it while the owners are away. I've never understood why they close for more than two weeks in the middle of summer (ok it's a wash out right now but you get the idea :D)

For the sake of my waistline I don't make it a habit of going to them regularly but I'm going to be craving fish and chips now til they're back :( Yes I could go somewhere else but all the other chippies are a bus ride away plus not as good :(

Maybe they don't trust the non family members with the finances and ordering things in etc. I know it isn't millions to run off with but these days you never know
  • Options
    SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The parking bay opposite our house is big enough to fit 4 cars but because some berk who lives a few doors down keeps parking in the middle only 3 cars can fit.

Even more annoying if when you get back you're the "4th" car and have to park further up the street!
This discussion has been closed.