Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 3)

Comments

• sadmuppetsadmuppet Posts: 8,222
    Forum Member
    The fact I manage to burn EVERYTHING that I cook.

I've just managed to burn boiled vegetables :blush:
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The media seems to use the term 'selfie' for all photographs on social media, regardless of whether somebody else has taken the photo or not.

I was reading one of the Sunday papers today and there was a photo of Rihanna lying on a sun lounger with both her arms by her side and the paper referred to it as a selfie, despite it being obvious that it was somebody else who was taking the picture.

To me a selfie is a picture of yourself, taken by yourself and not a catch all term for a photo of one person.
  • EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    Female clothes sizes!

I'm a 43/44 waist so in men's pants I know where I am but in female pants my measurement puts me at a 24/26 :-/ which are far too big, what the **** is with that!
  • k4te89k4te89 Posts: 421
    Forum Member
    sadmuppet wrote: »

How? :confused:
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Like most women then. Go for the bad boy, then moan about it after.

To be fair most of the 'nice guys' end up being arseholes too. A lot of the time they're only nice to you if they think they can get with you. Then the mask slips, tiresome really.
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I burnt soup once.
  • wampa1wampa1 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bbclassics wrote: »
    To be fair most of the 'nice guys' end up being arseholes too. A lot of the time they're only nice to you if they think they can get with you. Then the mask slips, tiresome really.
    That's not being 'fair' at all : /
  • wampa1wampa1 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm so bad at cooking I burn cornflakes.
  • kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glitter/shimmer in casual makeup. I'm not a make-up kind of person, but once in a blue moon I'll wear some eyeliner. I like grey eyeliner as it's not as harsh as black, but it's made all around my eyes sparkly over the course of the day. I'm annoyed as I hate glitter but the liner sticks really well. The other one that agrees with me is glittery too. Stop it! :D:(
  • spimfspimf Posts: 6,342
    Forum Member
    Female clothes sizes!

I'm a 43/44 waist so in men's pants I know where I am but in female pants my measurement puts me at a 24/26 :-/ which are far too big, what the **** is with that!

Where are you measuring as your waist? Women's waist measurements sit higher than mens.
  • Jasper92Jasper92 Posts: 1,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that the review page for literally every single app in Google Play has a disparity between the expected and actual numbers of 1- and 2- star ratings. You'd expect a normal distribution taking the form of a bell-curve, or possibly fewer 1 star reviews than two-stars. But no, invariably you get dick cheddars automatically giving a 1-star review for a relatively minor flaw, and 95% of the reviews themselves are useless in actually helping me formulate an opinion as to whether said app is worth installing.

Son of a gun...
  • viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jasper92 wrote: »
    The fact that the review page for literally every single app in Google Play has a disparity between the expected and actual numbers of 1- and 2- star ratings. You'd expect a normal distribution taking the form of a bell-curve, or possibly fewer 1 star reviews than two-stars. But no, invariably you get dick cheddars automatically giving a 1-star review for a relatively minor flaw, and 95% of the reviews themselves are useless in actually helping me formulate an opinion as to whether said app is worth installing.

Son of a gun...

This reminds me of a review I read the other day where the lady gave a set of super mario room stickers a one star review because it was advertised as being for a boys room even thought the product itself was a brilliant product the title was sexist so that justifies the one star. I thought it idiotic.
  • allaboardallaboard Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who put up handmade "happy birthday **** 40 today" scrawled on bed sheets. They usually hang them on bridges or roundabouts, then leave them up for weeks. Litterbugs!!
  • rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    We got a new phone system at work recently which includes having voice mail for the first time. Apparently that's far to complicated for the clients calling in. I just went through my voice mail and I had 15 blank messages.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I'll avoid this thread for a while, thank goodness I haven't had breakfast yet. Where's the vomit smilie when you need it.
  • Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wampa1 wrote: »
    I'm so bad at cooking I burn cornflakes.

I gave up Cornflakes some time ago. They are so fiddly to butter, it takes forever!
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vierte wrote: »
    I think I'll avoid this thread for a while, thank goodness I haven't had breakfast yet. Where's the vomit smilie when you need it.

You could just try the ignore button.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bri160356 wrote: »
    I think it may help if you posted a video;

.........there are many qualified experts on DS (not me by the way!) who will examine it closely (and frequently); they’ll then be in a position to offer sage advice which should help expedite your problem;

...........bear in mind a lot of people will also take the piss.

Well baring in mind they posted further up that they are a size 24 or something I don't think anyone is going to be able to see much. I now need to wash my brain out with bleach.
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The extortionate prices of supermarket birthday cards. Morrisons' financial officer will certainly be celebrating today.
  • TunnelVision9TunnelVision9 Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A friend from school got in contact with me recently and she seemed pretty eager to meet so we made plans for tomorrrow only for her to cancel them today. The reason we drifted apart was her tendency to make plans and then cancel them so I guess nothing has changed 😑.

It's a shame I was actually looking forward to it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have posts been removed?
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Have posts been removed?

Yes thank goodness
  • JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    This reminds me of a review I read the other day where the lady gave a set of super mario room stickers a one star review because it was advertised as being for a boys room even thought the product itself was a brilliant product the title was sexist so that justifies the one star. I thought it idiotic.

There are so many idiotic reviewers. Amazon is the worst for this, with people doing things like giving games a one-star review because they've not checked the clearly stated system requirements and are then disappointed they don't run on their ancient computers.

We bought a tower fan from Amazon a couple of months ago that got excellent reviews all round except for one guy who liked the actual fan but only gave it one star because he had to screw on the base himself - it took me less than two minutes to do this when ours arrived.
  • JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    Have posts been removed?

Thankfully! There wasn't enough brain bleach to go round...
  • 5hane5hane Posts: 2,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eCards. Make an effort people, send a proper card!
This discussion has been closed.