Options

Man United Supporters Thread (Part 48)

Comments

• Options
    f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For once, I'm glad it'll be a 6pm deadline window.

I'm at work all day so I don't have to listen to all the rubbish.
  • Options
    Eddie hunterEddie hunter Posts: 4,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im reasonably sure I said that De Gea would end up going and I may not have said this but I thought it would be an undisclosed fee in order to protect both parties. Instead its got the other keeper thrown in as part of the deal to muddy the waters about what the figures actually are.

Glad its sorted out in the end but the whole debacle could and should have been avoided.

Lindegaard is off now too. Bloody hell the car park at the training ground will have plenty of empty spaces at this rate.
  • Options
    catsaregreycatsaregrey Posts: 1,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    but i thought we valued de gea at world record money and wouldnt accept a penny less?
  • Options
    duffman25duffman25 Posts: 966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    29 million plus keylor navas very good deal plus we get very very good goalkeeper
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    United have lost De Gea, Hernandez and Januzaj today with possibly more to come. On that basis alone I expect the club to be linked with a hell of a lot of players in the next 24 hours. I would be very selective over what I choose to listen to right now.

True, I agree, that we will see a lot of stories before the window closes, it will be hard to know what is real and what is not.

Still a lot of work needed by Ed.
  • Options
    Tony_DanielsTony_Daniels Posts: 3,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why do you keep posting tweets from that muppet?

There are proper journalists who actually know stuff on twitter too
  • Options
    toastie15toastie15 Posts: 3,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol David De Gea in 2011: “I wouldn’t go to Real Madrid even if they offered me a blank check." seen on Twitter a few times.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do you keep posting tweets from that muppet?

There are proper journalists who actually know stuff on twitter too

Sorry it was just the first one on my timeline. :blush:
  • Options
    TeeGeeTeeGee Posts: 5,772
    Forum Member
    My main concern is spending a great deal of money on players who may have ability but are as thick as two short planks when actually in a competitive situation with minimal capability of reading the situation and positioning themselves accordingly.

How much did Swansea's squad cost I wonder?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    I just heard on talksport that spurs had offered 10 million euros for Martial but Monaco wanted 20million euros 7 weeks ago. so why has the price gone up so massively. We've been done
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    talksport is hardly the barometer of respectable news. You may as well call it pubbanter
  • Options
    Tannhauser GateTannhauser Gate Posts: 17,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad we finally got De gea sorted for a good fee and a decent keeper coming the other way - even if he didn't exactly want us....

A bit surprised at the Janujaz loan. Hoping he comes back an improved player but the signs don't look good for his OT career. Feel a bit sorry for Hernandez. He was a class poacher but had the first touch of a traffic cone. Also least likely to trouble the assist charts.

But I'm really not happy at the Martial buy. Comparisons with Ronaldo's fee and age miss the mark. We had a prime RVN when we signed Ronnie, now we have a declining Rooney. He may turn out to be special but at 19, he'd have to be a Maradonna or a Pele to help us out of the last-third mess we're in right now. I had hoped we would pull a rabbit out of the hat and get a finished-article striker. I don't agree the system is flawed. We were on holiding our own until they scored and Rooney had three decent chances yesterday. Two from teamates one he created out of nothing. He'd have put away at least one of those in his pomp - and then it would have been a different match...

Not only that, apparently Spurs have been chasing Martial for two years and were in for him for £20 million around two months ago. Chelsea bid £30 million though, so maybe he is golden.

Still, he's bullet-fast by all accounts and it will good if the pressure to provide pace down the flanks can be taken off our full backs. Shaw is justifying his transfer fee more and more with every match - but he's also getting caught out of position if the ball is lost when he's upfield. Same with Darmain - but not quite as noticeable.

A big problem for the future is that Schneiderlin's passing is rank. Great at winning the ball but tends to give it away again. I don't know what can be done about that....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    talksport is hardly the barometer of respectable news. You may as well call it pubbanter

I know to take it with a pinch of salt but I thought it was interesting nonetheless
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    even if spurs did bid 20million and chelsea bid 30million it clearly wasnt enough or they'd have bought him at those prices.

Ive no idea if this kid is going to be any good or not but at least we have bought a striker which people have been crying out for.

Its like a kid yelling "I WANT CAAAAAAAAAAKE" and when giving a gateux they yell "BUT I WANTED SPONGE CAAAAAAKE"
  • Options
    Scratchy.Scratchy. Posts: 261
    Forum Member
    The offer from Spurs obviously wasn't enough as Monaco subsequently signed him on a new deal shortly after. Not sure there's much truth in the Chelsea bid, probably an enquiry at best.
  • Options
    TheSlothTheSloth Posts: 18,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

To be fair, their transfer guy broke the Pedro news way before BBC and Sky did. He seems to have more reliable contacts than some of their ex player presenters/pundits...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    even if spurs did bid 20million and chelsea bid 30million it clearly wasnt enough or they'd have bought him at those prices.

Ive no idea if this kid is going to be any good or not but at least we have bought a striker which people have been crying out for.

Its like a kid yelling "I WANT CAAAAAAAAAAKE" and when giving a gateux they yell "BUT I WANTED SPONGE CAAAAAAKE"

I'd be tentative about paying a fortune for a foreign cake I'd never heard of, let alone tasted. Can't go wrong with a good ol' Victoria sponge...
  • Options
    Tony_DanielsTony_Daniels Posts: 3,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really get the drama. Everyone knew De Gea was going. Well, almost everyone. And I don't think people particularly rated Januzaj, Wilson or Hernandez here either.
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    toastie15 wrote: »
    According to the Express we have been offered Emmanuel Adebayor lol

In a pigs ear.
  • Options
    JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    I don't really get the drama. Everyone knew De Gea was going. Well, almost everyone. And I don't think people particularly rated Januzaj, Wilson or Hernandez here either.

Won't someone think of the missing smiles *weeps*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheSloth wrote: »
    To be fair, their transfer guy broke the Pedro news way before BBC and Sky did. He seems to have more reliable contacts than some of their ex player presenters/pundits...

chuck enough balls at enough coconuts eventually youll win a fish
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be tentative about paying a fortune for a foreign cake I'd never heard of, let alone tasted. Can't go wrong with a good ol' Victoria sponge...

if you can afford the cake why not try something exotic and foreign. Its better than tea from a burnley chip shop.
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Valencia is lucky that he is not part of the exodus of players leaving us.

Valencia's all right, he's never going to be the star of the team, but im glad we are keeping him, whats the problem with him.
  • Options
    Grim FandangoGrim Fandango Posts: 4,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Is that a reference to James Milner?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

A Rooney long term injury is surely the fear behind the drama - and that's assuming his Premier League form picks up. Still think United will grab a proven PL striker before 6 p.m tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.