"Dad, are you sure I'm a polar bear"?
    "Course you are, son - why do you ask"?
    "Cos I'm fcuking freezing"

:p

:D:D:D:D
  • willowswillows Posts: 6,169
    Forum Member
    Oi!!!

FitSadlyNotGayTastyInsatiableFourTimesANight CheekyCharmingGftOfTheGabAndOfTheGrab NonDrossNonGreasyNonThugNormalSizedNose MisunderstoodAndALittleBitNaughtyJustNeedsAFirmHandAndAFirmD*ckButAsHeisSadlyNotGay ThatIsANonStarterNearlyKilledSeveralTimesPoorAdorableFella GreatWithFinnAndAprilMuchToTheDissers' Annoyance LoweredHisStandardsAndBoxersByShaggingDebolaAndHerSkankMumButHeyHe DoesHaveNeedsCarjackerRoss

Aka Hot Ross Buns, is understandably annoyed at his true thug of a brother trying to kill him.

And as for Loopy Lush Laurel, she should have kept the car doors locked; the mean streets of Hotten are never that safe.:D

Haha I love you :D:D
  • Gambit_is_aceGambit_is_ace Posts: 9,458
    Forum Member
    Shelly456 wrote: »
    For me he's the worst. Considering he and Debola started this mess it's a pain in the arse watching them play the starcrossed martyrs.

I'm not denying that Ross started this "mess" (although having an affair doesn't give Pete the right to leave anyone for dead), but Ross is by far the most interesting and complex character the show has!
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ross is the most compelling character in ED at the moment!

He sure is, in spite of the shite with Debbie...he can do so much better than that!! He will hopefully become fabulous again when Debbie clears off (when Charley Webb goes on maternity leave)
  • ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not denying that Ross started this "mess" (although having an affair doesn't give Pete the right to leave anyone for dead), but Ross is by far the most interesting and complex character the show has!

He is a thug without any thought or feeling to who he batters and leaves lying in his wake. Complex - Hardly? A cute scene with Awwpril every now and again where his lip can quiver as he remembers poor dead Donna does not make him complex. He is just annoyed that he was never a favourite son and has never got over it and uses this as an excuse to batter all and sundry around him.
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    chrisdebag wrote: »
    :D We are at home to Hull

Chris v. RK. Who will win? There's only one way to find out.... :D
  • Shelly456Shelly456 Posts: 564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Pete made a horrible decision but it was in the heat of the moment. Ross is planning to murder him which in my eyes makes him not much better even if it's because Pete did it first. He also stole his brothers wife to be and has never been shown to feel anything more the spiteful towards Pete. Pete made a mistake but Ross's pure hatred of him has always been there. It would be very interesting and complex if his hatred of him was based on anything of substance but it's seems to be no more then middle child syndrome along with petty jealousy over him and Debola who is just so not worth either blokes energy.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oi!!!

FitSadlyNotGayTastyInsatiableFourTimesANight CheekyCharmingGftOfTheGabAndOfTheGrab NonDrossNonGreasyNonThugNormalSizedNose MisunderstoodAndALittleBitNaughtyJustNeedsAFirmHandAndAFirmD*ckButAsHeisSadlyNotGay ThatIsANonStarterNearlyKilledSeveralTimesPoorAdorableFella GreatWithFinnAndAprilMuchToTheDissers' Annoyance LoweredHisStandardsAndBoxersByShaggingDebolaAndHerSkankMumButHeyHe DoesHaveNeedsCarjackerRoss

Aka Hot Ross Buns, is understandably annoyed at his true thug of a brother trying to kill him.

And as for Loopy Lush Laurel, she should have kept the car doors locked; the mean streets of Hotten are never that safe.:D
    :D Only you (and Ian) could consider premeditated murder "a little bit naughty". :p
  • sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ross is the most compelling character in ED at the moment!

Nope - he's just as contrived & plot driven as the rest of them.
  • Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well put.
  • ianradioianianradioian Posts: 74,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ross is loving all the fuss and attention at home from Ma and Pa boreton- and loving pushing Prozac ( who is now on prozac) Pete out.
    He will wipe the floor with the barton thug ... and we'll enjoy him doing it, in his Attractiveandsexymisunderstoodcuteandadorable
    fitdilfcarjacking way!
    Forum Member

I'm not denying this show is plot driven, but the plots that they are able to give to a character like Ross are compelling and work well because Ross has established an arch that works for his character.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    :D Only you (and Ian) could consider premeditated murder "a little bit naughty". :p

Meh. It's prozac.
    Forum Member
    ArtyAttack wrote: »
    He is a thug without any thought or feeling to who he batters and leaves lying in his wake. Complex - Hardly? A cute scene with Awwpril every now and again where his lip can quiver as he remembers poor dead Donna does not make him complex. He is just annoyed that he was never a favourite son and has never got over it and uses this as an excuse to batter all and sundry around him.

Exactly right! You've just pointed out why Ross is so complex! There is a whole character history as to why Ross has become the way he is. He was never the "golden boy" (Ross' words), there is so much to explore as to why James favoured Pete? Is it because James in some way blames Ross for Emma leaving as after all it was Ross that Emma almost killed. There is so much to Ross' story that the writers can use. Right now, i'm loving what the writers are doing with him, I much prefer villains to goody two shoe characters which don't compel me to watch. Michael Parr's excellent portryal certainly helps too.
  • Shelly456Shelly456 Posts: 564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think James favoured Pete maybe because he's less of an arsehole then Ross and doesn't carry around that big chip on his shoulder. The family turned on Pete the minute they thought he'd hurt Ross. They were so worried when he was missing but Ross is so caught up in his own self pitying and bitter jealousy that it's not enough for him that he's devastated his brother and completely gotten away with it. Nothing anyone does will ever be enough for him when it comes to Pete he'll always be a jealous little brat.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love Ross. I just love him. Bet none of you knew that eh. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Ross. I just love him. Bet none of you knew that eh. :p

:D:D;-)
  • CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pete didn't mean any of his actions, Ross did and does. Pete lashed out in a a fit of justified anger at his scumbag of a brother and deeply regretted his actions. Ross lashes out at people because he's a nasty lawless thug who sees his victims as collateral damage to getting what he wants either money, sex or both, and he has no remorse for what he does whatsoever. Pete is ten times the man his brother is, and if Debbie could see past her knickers she'd realise it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ross is loving all the fuss and attention at home from Ma and Pa boreton- and loving pushing Prozac ( who is now on prozac) Pete out.
    He will wipe the floor with the barton thug ... and we'll enjoy him doing it, in his Attractiveandsexymisunderstoodcuteandadorable
    fitdilfcarjacking way!

Well said!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pete didn't mean any of his actions, Ross did and does. Pete lashed out in a a fit of justified anger at his scumbag of a brother and deeply regretted his actions. Ross lashes out at people because he's a nasty lawless thug who sees his victims as collateral damage to getting what he wants either money, sex or both, and he has no remorse for what he does whatsoever. Pete takes ten times as many Prozac pills and he's still not half as hot as his brother is, and if Debbie could see past her knickers she'd realise it.

FIFY :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pete didn't mean any of his actions, Ross did and does. Pete lashed out in a a fit of unjustified anger at his sexy beast of a brother and deeply regretted his actions. Ross lashes out at people because he's a nasty lawless thug who sees his victims as collateral damage to getting what he wants either money, sex or both, and he has no remorse for what he does whatsoever. Pete is ten times the man his brother is, and if Debbie could see past her knickers she'd realise it.

bib1: Fixed for you.;-)
    bib2 That sounds more like Snoop Cainy Cain.;-)
  • JackWJackW Posts: 45,892
    Forum Member
    mrbernay wrote: »
    Evening RK

Hello there Panny and all you lovely Dailians

Hi JW TYVM

You're very welcome xxx
    Jewels501 wrote: »
    Evening all and greetings to Jack and SULLA.

MySparkle xx
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    I can't believe it's almost dark already and it's not even 7pm.

Rain and unsettled all week too apparently.

I know! I got soaked twice today :(
    Mmmm straight in with HotRoss

Always
    rhumble wrote: »
    Evening all, thanks for t'thread

Here we go again, more misery and daftness

We're not that bad!?
    wuffles wrote: »
    FGS just tell him, Priya!

You'd think
    Pandora. wrote: »
    Sarah side-eyeing Jack "I'm not a baby". Oooh shade. :

I thought that!
    Check its not forged Brenda

You'd think after what's just happened she'd have been more careful..
    Debbie pretending to care about her children

It was wind
    Shut it, Debola, you arrogant bitch.

I like you
    Adam is so stupid.

Yes but look how pretty
    April is so annoying.

I hope the other eleven months are better?
    A Collie April rant in 5...4...3

See below
    Debbie . Using Pete as a way to get back under Rosspot.

:D:D
    ArtyAttack wrote: »
    Laurel going on a course.

Yes but of what?
    rebecca87 wrote: »
    Is Emma younger than her children?

Yes
    Has David done a poo on the floor

Again? :blush:
    How much longer is this Eric nonsense going on for

Too long
    Dobbie feels she should have noticed her childs cough before,,, i suppose it would help if you actually see your children once in a while

Yes
    Well said Paddy

Surely no decent vet would put down a healthy animal.

That explains why Moaneh is so healthy then! >:(
    Didn't BASF make video and cassette tapes?

Yes
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Well done on the mildstone, Sorcha!

Seconded
    I'd forgotten about Dee.

I still have :confused:
    Stuff him then.

Quite..
  • Joline44Joline44 Posts: 939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Debola wins by a country mile.

I can't believe I've missed that Debbie is called Debola over here :D:D:D Who came up with this genius nickname?
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    JackW wrote: »
    You're very welcome xxx

MySparkle xx

I know! I got soaked twice today :(

Always

We're not that bad!?

You'd think

I thought that!

You'd think after what's just happened she'd have been more careful..

It was wind

I like you

Yes but look how pretty

I hope the other eleven months are better?

See below

:D:D

Yes but of what?

Yes

Again? :blush:

Too long

Yes

That explains why Moaneh is so healthy then! >:(

Yes

Seconded

I still have :confused:

Quite..

My Monday night Daily ins now complete :):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jackw :D

Love it.