Arrow startson Sky 1 Oct 22nd *UK PACE*

Comments

• rioniarionia Posts: 1,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How on earth can this be taking a break with just 3 or 4 episodes left? What goes through the minds of U.S tv execs..

It's so the episodes air during the May ratings 'sweeps'

"Of these four sweeps periods, the May sweeps seem to be the most important, for two reasons. Firstly, May is most usually when shows have their season-closing episodes. Season-closing episodes (e.g. cliff-hangers) are important in helping to draw viewers back to those same shows when they premiere in the fall. Secondly (and more importantly for the network overall), the May sweeps are used to set advertising rates for the upcoming fall premiere season …"

http://www.scandaltvshow.net/why-do-we-have-to-wait-3-weeks-for-the-new-scandal-episode/

The article is about the TV series scandal but applies to most shows
  • jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So it is three weeks until I see the lovely Felicity again?

Damn.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,664
    Forum Member
    This is why I wouldn't mind waiting an extra few weeks for UK pace so that we get a full, unbroken run of episodes.
    Precisely. You can thank the people who like to illegally download TV shows for this kind of delay. It really annoys me :mad:
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Precisely. You can thank the people who like to illegally download TV shows for this kind of delay. It really annoys me :mad:

That's not entirely to blame - we get Game of Thrones the day after it's screened in the states and, to the best of my knowledge, there are no breaks in that.

I'm not saying downloading is completely innocent, but I do think there are a few reasons why this is happening that would be more relevant than downloading.
  • starsailorstarsailor Posts: 11,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That and the problem of 'spoilers' via twitter, sites like this etc...
    Forum Member
    That's not entirely to blame - we get Game of Thrones the day after it's screened in the states and, to the best of my knowledge, there are no breaks in that.

I'm not saying downloading is completely innocent, but I do think there are a few reasons why this is happening that would be more relevant than downloading.
    Possibly but I think it's one of the main ones.

I assume GOT is on a cable network that does not pre-empt its programmes at all; hence no weeks/months off. But that is, of course, the exception rather than the rule.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Final episode of the season next week......and it should be a good one....after the penultimate one last night.:eek:

Felt like the season finale...:cool:

:confused:
    Who was the one with the Legs who answered the phone, from the Island.
    Forum Member
    Stansfield wrote: »
    Who was the one with the Legs who answered the phone, from the Island.
    I don't think we're supposed to know yet. ie we haven't seen her before. Or maybe we have?! I don't know either :confused::)
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it felicity just guessing though to obvious to be his mother.
    Forum Member
    kendoguk wrote: »
    I think it felicity just guessing though to obvious to be his mother.
    That would be fun....but the Mum is the best bet.:yawn:

America gets the final episode tonight....:eek:
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As someone who watched the show in US pace... the people watching tonight... your in for an amazing episode.
    Forum Member
    Stansfield wrote: »
    :confused:Who was the one with the Legs who answered the phone, from the Island.
    I don't think we're supposed to know yet. ie we haven't seen her before. Or maybe we have?! I don't know either :confused::)
    Looks like that was a set-up for next season.

Not a bad finale. Looking forward to S2.
  • plattyplatty Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks to sky for the reminder about the Greggs program .....:mad: totally ruined the scene between tommy and Oliver .... No need for it
  • mach2001mach2001 Posts: 339
    Forum Member
    That was a hell of an episode last night I was glued to it, it has to be one of the best shows on tv at the minute without a doubt!!
    Sad about Tommy thought he might be a good character to start to turn evil after Oliver killed his father. But looking forward to season 2 and how he turned in to a warrior on the island (also more felicity)
  • TiffanyThorneTiffanyThorne Posts: 960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fantastic episode! Lots of suspense and surpises. Looking forward to watching the second season.

We have five more episodes of Touch to go. I'll be sorry to see it end. The two shows are the only ones I watch on Sky except for the Simpsons.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally I think they've made a mistake killing off Fyers
    Forum Member
    Enjoyed last nights final episode, but do we need Roy turning into a Hero.
    Liked Lance trying to save the Glades....Fight Oliver had with 'Barrowman' very good.....but if anyone had to die, the right one did.;)
    Verence wrote: »
    Personally I think they've made a mistake killing off Fyers
    I'm pleased he's gone....I just hope we get more of Shado, for Season 2.
  • Mr Master XMr Master X Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, fantastic episode. Acting great on everyone's part. Though, I can see the predictable Oliver "I can't protect anyone I care for" dumping Laurel to drag the "will they, won't they" out, after what happened to Tommy. Of course Laurel won't understand that, and he'll be back to jerk Ollie in her eyes.

I'm guessing they'll be having Roy forge his identity in the destroyed part of the Glades. It's only a small portion destroyed though. For second I thought, "no they wouldn't would they? Destroy it all?" I could have seen a Batman No Man's Land type story. Of course they've already told us there's a fault line there, and damage has been done now. Wouldn't surprise me if further damage is done in much later seasons for a No Man's Land.

So anyway, Merlyn succeeded were his master (presumably Ra's) failed. I like to think a similar scene to this was playing out in Gotham (sorta like Begins) just to acknowledge the wider DCU.

Next season? Ted Kord. He's been mentioned, and charity wise too. Could see him helping to rebuild the Glades. Deathstroke. Flashbacks will be about how him and Ollie turn on each other, with them duking it out in the present. More Deadshot and likely a sponsored government assassin team. Ollie/Diggle will NOT be pleased. A foil for Smoak? Maybe Calculator? In the past flashbacks? that "almost" hit has to have been checked by the Chinese government. Wouldn't surprise if we saw some more realistic members of China's Great Ten. I think after what happened, the shock will hit peoples psyches and the villains/heroes will start to come out of the woodworks. I think by season's end, the good guys team will have fully banded together to finish whatever the season's threat is, with an evil Secret Six/Suicide Squad put together for the next season.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One thing puzzled me about the final episodes: I didn't see how Merlyn became an archer skillful enough to pluck and grab an arrow flying at him. Maybe he had training, but from who?

I can see Ted Kord making an appearance next season. That would be great.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Who's Ted Kord? Did John Barrowmans character die or was he just badly injured? I wonder if the mother will return or if she has been written out also.

I thought the earthquake could have been done better as it didn't look like there was that much damage done considering JB's character kept saying the device would flatten the whole place. I wonder if the young guy will turn into his sidekick like Batman and Robin.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi anyonefortennis,

Ted Kord is Blue Beetle, another hero in the DC universe. I thought Barrowman's character died but you never know with a villian :rolleyes: They may bring him back next season. Roy just might become Arrow's sidekick as he has the same name as Speedy, the sidekick of the Golden and Silver Age Green Arrow, Roy Harper. The mother might come back after serving a jail sentence or plea bargaining.
  • rioniarionia Posts: 1,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One thing puzzled me about the final episodes: I didn't see how Merlyn became an archer skillful enough to pluck and grab an arrow flying at him. Maybe he had training, but from who?

I can see Ted Kord making an appearance next season. That would be great.

He mentioned going to Nanda Parbat
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi anyonefortennis,

Ted Kord is Blue Beetle, another hero in the DC universe. I thought Barrowman's character died but you never know with a villian :rolleyes: They may bring him back next season. Roy just might become Arrow's sidekick as he has the same name as Speedy, the sidekick of the Golden and Silver Age Green Arrow, Roy Harper. The mother might come back after serving a jail sentence or plea bargaining.

I thought I read that JB couldn't appear in the 50th special of Dr Who because of his filming commitments of Arrow, so I'm guessing he wasn't killed off.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rionia wrote: »
    He mentioned going to Nanda Parbat
    Aha! On Wikipedia I read: "the episode "Dead to Rights" of the Arrow television show, Malcolm Merlyn reveals that during the his two year disappearance following his wife's murder, he met a man in Nanda Parbat that helped him find a purpose for his life." Thanks!
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing they'll be having Roy forge his identity in the destroyed part of the Glades. It's only a small portion destroyed though. For second I thought, "no they wouldn't would they? Destroy it all?" I could have seen a Batman No Man's Land type story. Of course they've already told us there's a fault line there, and damage has been done now. Wouldn't surprise me if further damage is done in much later seasons for a No Man's Land.

Speaking of which, the part of The Dark Knight Rises where Bane destroyed the bridges and took over Gotham put me in mind of NML