Checking old PMs

When was the last time any of you checked your old PM's on DS, if it's been a while I suggest giving it a go.

I have just done this and discovered lots of old PMs that I forgotten about, including some sweet ones from some of my old DS buddies on here, Joni M, 21stCenturyBoy (Sausage boy!) and Christina83 :D

Check 'em out, theres bound to be a few hidden gems in your boxes.

Comments

• dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm expecting one so will do now
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    dd68 wrote: »
    I'm expecting one so will do now

Report back with hilarious and adorable details. :kitty:
  • sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate the "I agree with you" I knew what they were talking about at the time but not anymore :D
  • DanniLaMoneDanniLaMone Posts: 2,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't got any besides I always delete mine after I have read them.
    Forum Member
    I hate the "I agree with you" I knew what they were talking about at the time but not anymore :D

Yes some them are really confusing now :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never get any, so no point me checking :(
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've still got some from 2003..........
  • queenshaksqueenshaks Posts: 10,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I delete the minute I've read them - thank God.
  • swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To have old PMs, someone would have to PM me first.

:cry:
  • mike joycemike joyce Posts: 1,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No need for PMs. If something has to be said say it on the open forum.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Yes, Ive got some pervy ones... people no longer here fortunately
    Forum Member

Yes I've had a few of those too :o
  • Enter_the_monkEnter_the_monk Posts: 2,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Pervy is a...."good" way??;-)
  • agrainofsandagrainofsand Posts: 8,693
    Forum Member
    I always delete messages after reading them.
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This reminds me of when the old forum I was very attached to, announced it was closing and I had to ask about saving my PMs. People thought it was really lame to want to save them. I remember reading people laughing about it and asking/saying things like who is sad enough to want to keep copies of old messages from ages ago? whats up with that?.

I guess I felt sad for them that they maybe didn't get the kind of messages I got. Alot of my PMs meant a lot to me because they included lovely compliments, from people who wanted to thank me for helping them, for giving them the information or the files they'd asked for, for replying to a thread no-one else had etc., or some were general chats with friends who wanted to check in with me. I found it hard to get my head around the idea that others could get similar messages, especially out the blue compliments and things like that, then what? presumably reply saying thanks and then just delete them like its nothing?. I admit I relied on the internet to boost my self esteem - I kept a text file where I copied all such messages to, so I could read through them if I wanted to. It meant a lot to me.

I don't mean to say these things exclusively in a bragging, show off way by the way. If anything my posts just show how I get too attached to sites and what people say about me and things which isn't necessarily a good thing really but some stuff I just don't get. If you had messages that brought back good memories, whats so lame or 'sad' or whatever about wanting to save a copy? I managed to download an archive of them in the end but I can't say I read through them too often. Its nice to know I still have them though.
    Forum Member
    IzzyS wrote: »
    This reminds me of when the old forum I was very attached to, announced it was closing and I had to ask about saving my PMs. People thought it was really lame to want to save them. I remember reading people laughing about it and asking/saying things like who is sad enough to want to keep copies of old messages from ages ago? whats up with that?.

I guess I felt sad for them that they maybe didn't get the kind of messages I got. Alot of my PMs meant a lot to me because they included lovely compliments, from people who wanted to thank me for helping them, for giving them the information or the files they'd asked for, for replying to a thread no-one else had etc., or some were general chats with friends who wanted to check in with me. I found it hard to get my head around the idea that others could get similar messages, especially out the blue compliments and things like that, then what? presumably reply saying thanks and then just delete them like its nothing?. I admit I relied on the internet to boost my self esteem - I kept a text file where I copied all such messages to, so I could read through them if I wanted to. It meant a lot to me.

I don't mean to say these things exclusively in a bragging, show off way by the way. If anything my posts just show how I get too attached to sites and what people say about me and things which isn't necessarily a good thing really but some stuff I just don't get. If you had messages that brought back good memories, whats so lame or 'sad' or whatever about wanting to save a copy? I managed to download an archive of them in the end but I can't say I read through them too often. Its nice to know I still have them though.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with taking compliments, I think that's lovely.

And I love nostalgia, so it would be a shame to lose old PMs, I think it's cool to save them :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with taking compliments, I think that's lovely.

And I love nostalgia, so it would be a shame to lose old PMs, I think it's cool to save them :)

Its just nice to have a copy of things that bring back some good memories. I don't know why some people are so quick to claim its evidence of someone being too emotionally attached (ie to the site) or whatever. Its not like it hurts anyone, to want to keep an archive of some meaningful messages...sheesh. I guess it bothered me how judgemental some people were, though it probably really shouldn't.
    Forum Member
    Its just nice to have a copy of things that bring back some good memories. I don't know why some people are so quick to claim its evidence of someone being too emotionally attached (ie to the site) or whatever. Its not like it hurts anyone, to want to keep an archive of some meaningful messages...sheesh. I guess it bothered me how judgemental some people were, though it probably really shouldn't.

Yes, it's no different from keeping birthday cards or hand written personal letters or postcards........ it's nice to hang to things if they meant something to us once.

People can be a bit quick to judge. 10 years ago I had AOL, me and my friend would spend a few hours a night chatting away on AOL IM, I wish now so much that I could see those messages again :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, it's no different from keeping birthday cards or hand written personal letters or postcards........ it's nice to hang to things if they meant something to us once.

People can be a bit quick to judge. 10 years ago I had AOL, me and my friend would spend a few hours a night chatting away on AOL IM, I wish now so much that I could see those messages again :D

I guess I thought of PMs as more like guestbook entries I liked to look over sometimes, rather than a daily IM/chat conversation that could be exited/deleted daily without thinking about it too much, though you could save conversations on AOL. I was with AOL in the 90s...I saved some IMs from friends in America, if they gave me their address or something then I'd save it obviously for future reference.
    Forum Member
    I guess I thought of PMs as more like guestbook entries I liked to look over sometimes, rather than a daily IM/chat conversation that could be exited/deleted daily without thinking about it too much, though you could save conversations on AOL. I was with AOL in the 90s...I saved some IMs from friends in America, if they gave me their address or something then I'd save it obviously for future reference.

I bet it is fun looking through messges from that far back.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Pervy is a...."good" way??;-)

No, you didn't see them